• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

UDF filesystem patched! ??

Giljorak

In 6.1.8.2 I see this: UDF filesystem patched!
Can somebody tell me what this means. I searched the forums but didn't find anything specific to this in relation to AnyDVD and what is being patched.

I know stands for Universal Disk Format. Which is used on optical media of many types.

I guess I have a few questions:
1. What exactly needed to be patched? &why?
2. Do I need to worry about previously backed up disks and UDF patching?(The backups play fine so I'm guessing no).
3. Was this being done previously but not being reported? Called something else maybe?

Can somebody tell me what this means. I searched the forums but didn't find anything specific to this in relation to AnyDVD and what is being patched.

I know stands for Universal Disk Format. Which is used on optical media of many types.

2. Do I need to worry about previously backed up disks and UDF patching?(The backups play fine so I'm guessing no).
3. Was this being done previously but not being reported? Called something else maybe?

This is new to 6.1.8.2 and nothing to be concerned about.

It adjusts the size of the .ifo & .bup files within the UDF filesystem to what is really required. Mainly because some clever copy protection designers add .ifo files of 0 bytes or 1GB in size.

No, you don't need to be concerned. You can compare the file sizes yourself by looking at the disc with AnyDVD off & on.

It was done, but only if there was a huge difference. Now it is done even if the difference is small.

It has to do with a lot of commercial discs being poorly mastered. It's correcting errors in the UDF file system. Nothing to be concerned with at all. My guess is that it'll probably help Shrink open more discs though. That's just an uneducated guess.

EDIT: Oh sure, James comes and puts my answer to shame. :D

Back