• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

List of BD+ Discs/Revocation Issues

What did it do? I have it playing on my laptop, but mine has an nvidia 7900 card in it

What did it do? I have it playing on my laptop, but mine has an nvidia 7900 card in it
The spider symbol which denotes loading flashes briefly on screen, then screen goes black and remains so. Nothing else happens. I downloaded the Japanese trial version of ArcSoft's Digital Theatre 2 which has HD/BD support, and it plays the disc fine with or without hardware acceleration. This suggests the problem lies somehow with PowerDVD.

@colinhunt

Can you try something for me? Disable your network and try running Spidey again in PowerDVD. See if that works for you.

@colinhunt

Can you try something for me? Disable your network and try running Spidey again in PowerDVD. See if that works for you.

Important for this test: Exit PowerDVD, disable Network, start PowerDVD.

not sure what to suggest, works fine on mine, Vista business 32bit, 7900 gtx and powerdvd 3319.

James,

is that black screen issue related to the black screen freeze issue of powerdvd with POTC (BD-J) when DEP is enabled for powerdvd? Sounds quite similar? Is that caused by a memoryleak or similar when PowerDVD is accessing the LAN? Or is this an AnyDVD HD issue with PowerDVD (quick and dirty trick doing something illegal to DEP?)?

James,

is that black screen issue related to the black screen freeze issue of powerdvd with POTC (BD-J) when DEP is enabled for powerdvd? Sounds quite similar? Is that caused by a memoryleak or similar when PowerDVD is accessing the LAN? Or is this an AnyDVD HD issue with PowerDVD (quick and dirty trick doing something illegal to DEP?)?
I don't know, but it is *not* an AnyDVD HD issue (AnyDVD doesn't do anything quick and dirty, and POTC with DEP problems happen even when AnyDVD isn't installed)

@colinhunt

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. At the moment I have no idea how to disable network on Vista, but I'm sure I'll find out =)

Pull the plug? :)
Heh, yeah, that's certainly one way to skin the rabbit.

Well, I tried the Network trick in a couple of different ways and none made any difference. Silver Spidey flashes on screen and that's the end of it. Since Digital Theatre 2 plays the disc, it's obviously an issue with PDVD. I'm using the latest version, 3319.

Heh, yeah, that's certainly one way to skin the rabbit.

Well, I tried the Network trick in a couple of different ways and none made any difference. Silver Spidey flashes on screen and that's the end of it. Since Digital Theatre 2 plays the disc, it's obviously an issue with PDVD. I'm using the latest version, 3319.

That sucks. Sorry that didn't work. Have you tried messing with DEP settings at all?

That sucks. Sorry that didn't work. Have you tried messing with DEP settings at all?
Uh, no. I haven't been reading every thread on this forum and had no idea this could have something to do with DEP. Also, all my other PCs have XP Pro; this laptop came with Vista Home Premium, and I'm still learning my way round the darned thing. I don't want to format the HDD and install XP Pro just quite yet :)

Uh, no. I haven't been reading every thread on this forum and had no idea this could have something to do with DEP. Also, all my other PCs have XP Pro; this laptop came with Vista Home Premium, and I'm still learning my way round the darned thing. I don't want to format the HDD and install XP Pro just quite yet :)

It's POSSIBLE. System properties, advanced, performance settings, Data Execution Protection tab. By default it's enabled for everything. Add PowerDVD as an exclusion and see if it helps.

It's POSSIBLE. System properties, advanced, performance settings, Data Execution Protection tab. By default it's enabled for everything. Add PowerDVD as an exclusion and see if it helps.
I disabled DEP completely by doing the command prompt trick. Didn't help. I then tried the Network disabled trick again, just to be sure. Didn't help. Oh well, I'll wait for another PDVD patch and/or Vista upgrades to fix this. And heaven knows Spider-Man 3 is no big loss... ;)

I disabled DEP completely by doing the command prompt trick. Didn't help. I then tried the Network disabled trick again, just to be sure. Didn't help. Oh well, I'll wait for another PDVD patch and/or Vista upgrades to fix this. And heaven knows Spider-Man 3 is no big loss... ;)

I haven't seen it yet. I'm getting it for my son, though. He saw it on an IMAX theater and loved it. Nonetheless, that's not surprising that it didn't work. PowerDVD just isn't very good. I used to LOVE their products, but, now, yuck. I'm not impressed at all.

This won't help (for reasons, I do not understand). You must disable DEP system wide (requires a reboot). Excluding PowerDVD doesn't help, probably because they try to hide the running process from applications (will say, hackers, har, har... as if this would make any difference), but I don't know.
(I did these tests on XP, but I assume Vista wouldn't make much of a difference).

This won't help (for reasons, I do not understand). You must disable DEP system wide (requires a reboot). Excluding PowerDVD doesn't help, probably because they try to hide the running process from applications (will say, hackers, har, har... as if this would make any difference), but I don't know.
(I did these tests on XP, but I assume Vista wouldn't make much of a difference).

Interesting. DEP somewhat annoys me anyway. colinhunt, did you reboot after you disabled DEP?

Back