• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dvd Shrink Anydvd 6.1.8.2

reed88

Just wondering will dvd shrink work with this new version just wondering since it has the new AI scanner thanks

Webslinger or anyone can you confirm or deny any of the titles listed in the thread posted above can now be opened directly w\Shrink\Recode using the latest beta 6.1.8.2?

Webslinger or anyone can you confirm or deny any of the titles listed in the thread posted above can now be opened directly w\Shrink\Recode using the latest beta 6.1.8.2?

No you have to use anydvd first to rip to the hard drive then process with dvd shrink or nero recode.

Some can, for example, Stranger Than Fiction R1 can, which uses Arcoss protection. And this is one of those really nasty discs with 99 .ifos. However, you will get a bunch of 0 size selections under "audio" and "subpicture". Selecting "no compression" and ripping produces two error messages:

1. size is too big
2. R.C.E. protection found (choose not to set it)

Both of those messages can be ignored, and the rip will work. I didn't bother removing any of the 0 size selections under audio or subpicture. I also didn't bother compressing to a single layer disc (I rarely, if ever, compress video).

Now, for most people, that can't handle getting those weird error messages (and will ask a million questions about them), it seems to me they should simply use Anydvd ripper first. The thing is Anydvd 6.17.4 couldn't directly open Stranger than Fiction in Shrink. You can with 6.1.8.2, but you need to know what you're doing. If you don't, then just use Anydvd ripper first.

So chances are, many of the Sony/Lionsgate discs can be directly imported. Again, if you don't know what you're doing, I recommend using Anydvd ripper first.

Discs, such as, Blade House of C., should not be directly imported. Use Anydvd ripper.

You're going to find me recommending people use Anydvd ripper first with many of the discs that are listed in that thread, since it will simply save headaches when troubleshooting.

Last edited:
Does the AnyDVD ripper take out unreferenced material? When opening DVD Shrink, it will show unreferenced material if there is any.

Does the AnyDVD ripper take out unreferenced material? When opening DVD Shrink, it will show unreferenced material if there is any.

With Anydvd ripper, for Stranger Than Fiction, the 0 size stuff is still listed under Audio and Subpicture. And you will still get the R.C.E. error message (which you can simply ignore). However, the error message about the disc size being too big disappears.

That's not what I was referring to. If there is unreferenced material in a ripped DVD, DVD Shrink will show it as "unreferenced material" and show the size. Was just curious if the AnyDVD ripper removed it. DVDFab does not remove it (at least when I have used DVDFab, sometimes DVD Shrink still showed "unreferenced material") and RipIt4Me did. Sometimes the unreferenced material can be quite large in size (I've seen it as low as a couple mbs and as large as 300 or 400 mbs) and sometimes a DVD player can have problems with it.

Last edited:
That's not what I was referring to. If there is unreferenced material in a ripped DVD, DVD Shrink will show it as "unreferenced material" and show the size.

I felt I answered your question, but looking over it again, I suppose my answer wasn't clear. The answer to your question is yes; Anydvd ripper removes unreferenced material--at least with Stranger Than Fiction R1. This is the read the the error message about the disc size being too big disappears when you use Anydvd ripper. However, the 0 size stuff is still listed under Audio and Subpicture. And you will still get the R.C.E. error message (which you can simply ignore)

A direct disc import will show unreferenced material (in this case, title menus 0.2, and vts1 48mb).

Back