• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is this a new protection or an old one rehashed?

lostinlodos

Found this on a new DVD. Not sure what it is. At first I thought it was a registry mod, but it's not.
File desktop.ini

[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21815

Can't find it on the internet; any ideas?

Um, not quite the right thing there; I don't think. This was on a brand new store bought DVD. No reason to have unless it's a security feature of some sort. My guess is it is designed to reset the region setting on your player or in windows. You?

Um, not quite the right thing there; I don't think. This was on a brand new store bought DVD. No reason to have unless it's a security feature of some sort. My guess is it is designed to reset the region setting on your player or in windows. You?

What dvd is that from? Can you provide the Anydvd status window?

Last edited:
That file is nothing to worry about. It's just setting up stuff for the folder it's in (icons, etc.). It has nothing to do with protection.

I know it's been a while, but this is not a windows ini file as in the system is just making it up; i looked at the disc in Linux as well now and it's still there, it's ON THE DISC and not a virtual file created by the system.

I know it's been a while, but this is not a windows ini file as in the system is just making it up; i looked at the disc in Linux as well now and it's still there, it's ON THE DISC and not a virtual file created by the system.

Yes, I know it's on the disc. What I wrote previously still applies.

Yes, I know it's on the disc. What I wrote previously still applies.
Yes, exactly. The file may be there as the result of an authoring error, but at any rate it will not affect the DVD-Video in any way.

Back