• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any DVD wont recognise my blu ray drive?

Sliceman

Hi im having some problems ripping my blu ray disc. When i open the AnyDVD icon it recognises that theres a blue ray disc inserted:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
HL-DT-ST BD-REGBW-H10N GL05 001121061C68AG1129
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 11826176 sectors (23098 MBytes)

However when i try to rip video DVD to hardisk it gives me the message Drive G:i is not ready!

Does anyone get similar problems or please advise me on this situation?

Thanks
Sliceman

Last edited:
Hi I'm having some problems ripping my blu ray disc. When i open the AnyDVD icon it recognises that theres a blue ray disc inserted:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
HL-DT-ST BD-REGBW-H10N GL05 001121061C68AG1129
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 11826176 sectors (23098 MBytes)

However when i try to rip video DVD to hardisk it gives me the message Drive G:i is not ready!

Does anyone get similar problems or please advise me on this situation?

Thanks
Sliceman

I don't know witch movie your trying to rip but it sounds like to me you got one of them newer BDs that cant be riped yet, when I try to rip surfs up fantastic 4 2 I also get the same error some also say 28 weeks also can't be riped havent tryed myself that one and theres a few others,
All I can advise is try a different BD disc thats all I can advise of my experience! perhaps a older BD movie one thats been around a lil while
I have backed like 40 so far and only the last two weeks have been problems
for me,
also the beta version witch is newer may help you also u may wanna try it
below was posted by James origionally
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6182.exe
This is a major rewrite (which is always a little scary), but it has been well tested, so I don't expect any major problems.

Here are the changes:

6.1.8.1 2007 10 09
- New (DVD): New "AI Scanner(tm)" copy protection removal
- New (DVD): Added support for new copy protections
- New (DVD): CSS brute force cracking (region code mismatch) works
now much better with Arccos/RipGuard/ProtectDVD/FluxDVD ...
protected discs
- New (DVD): UDF remastering of .IFO and .BUP files
- New (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Support for new titles
- Fix (DVD) AnyDVD ripper could complain, that the destination
directory has insufficient space
- Fix (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Large I/O requests could cause the
"Magic File Replacement(tm)" to malfunction
- Fix: Integrity check could issue a false alarm
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

also
this is what my status window looks like I don't know but it looks like you left out some info on urs

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 24438784 sectors (47732 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: FANTASTIC4_2
Media is AACS protected!
Failed to send host key!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

Hope it helps
Starz

new beta version doesn't do anyhting for new AACS or BD+ yet

Thanks for your answer.

Actually it is not a BD Video but a BD-R someone has burnt for me. Does that change anything in the process? I really need to rip the containt!

Let me know,

Cheers

new beta version doesn't do anyhting for new AACS or BD+ yet
This isn't entirely true, at least you can use old titles if you have accidentally "blacklisted" your drive by trying to play a new one.

Thanks for your answer.

Actually it is not a BD Video but a BD-R someone has burnt for me. Does that change anything in the process? I really need to rip the containt!

Let me know,

Cheers

If it is a BD-R just try copying and pasting the contents to your hard drive-if you can look at the contents of the disc that is-you would need a UDF 2.5 driver if you are using windows XP.

This isn't entirely true, at least you can use old titles if you have accidentally "blacklisted" your drive by trying to play a new one.
But like I said it still doesn't do new AACS or BD+ so it was true

thanks for help so far. Actually my aim is to convert the video into a different video format such as avi or capture screenshots of the video every 1 second?? any suggestions on how this could be done??

Thanks
Sliceman

if you have accidentally "blacklisted" your drive

It hasn't happened to me yet and I don't see how it could be possible, but does reinstalling Vista remove the blacklisting?

It hasn't happened to me yet and I don't see how it could be possible, but does reinstalling Vista remove the blacklisting?

No. The revocation list is stored in nonvolatile memory inside your drive.

You probably mean host certificate(s)? Blacklisting a drive is probably much worse, if such thing exists at all.

You're right, I meant that the drive has blacklisted the host certificate.

You're right, I meant that the drive has blacklisted the host certificate.

Does this render the drive useless? Is it separate write-once non-volatile memory or part of the firmware memory? If it's write-once, do you think it might be possible to fill it with data that prevents the blacklisting mechanism from working? If it's part of the firmware then couldn't it be fixed by rewriting to it.

Last edited:
Does this render the drive useless?

No, it will render useless those programs (e.g. PowerDVD) which use blacklisted host certificate to communicate with drive.

AnyDVD HD, even if it is not updated to use some new certificate, will not be rendered completely useless, as it uses a database of keys as a backup solution, so it does not need to communicate with drive to decrypt known titles.

Back