• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.2.9.0 is a crap release

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you smoking? Just downloaded a movie and a series from NF while browsing this thread. Older version of 1.2.8.0.

i posted that a couple of days ago but regardless how it works for YOU, the older version stopped working for me on ALL SITES. PERIOD. your smart-alecky bull isn't going to make it work again for me, though i am glad to hear it is working for you.

I do agree that this is not the optimal resolution. I was in the middle of downloading AnmlKng and now cannot finish as I'm not going to tax my drive or my network with 540p content I will never watch given the low quality, nor do I want to take the time to redownload it again later.

Is there a reason we couldn't have just received an overall warning that some content may fail to download above 540p? Or test the content after download and when it does fail for said content, save that info on the users PC to disable the higher qualities for that movie/series and alert the user as to why---set it to not try higher quality again until after the next update? I personally am a developer and I always find it extremely frustrating when other devs completely disable options for simplicity as opposed to giving users information or options. I understand the average user prefers simplicity but there is always room for middle ground IMO.

Since I am new to AnyStream I am not 100% on what the issues with the DRM were. I was having a minor issue with trying to download multiple episodes in a row at 1080p. It would fail to get the license after the first episode, skip one or two, and then continue on the fourth. So I just downloaded one at a time. My suggestion for this--given knowing nothing about how A.S works, would be to re-initiate the connection before each download, or add a setting to pause between each download for x seconds (which I think would be a good setting option regardless, for those of us that are paranoid about getting our accounts banned). After about a week it started working CORRECTLY on its own, no update needed, so I had assumed the issue was on Azn's side and had been corrected.

Last edited:
I do agree that this is not the optimal resolution. I was in the middle of downloading AnmlKng and now cannot finish as I'm not going to tax my drive or my network with 540p content I will never watch given the low quality, nor do I want to take the time to redownload it again later.

Is there a reason we couldn't have just received an overall warning that some content may fail to download above 540p? Or when it does fail for said content, save that data on the users PC to disable the higher qualities for that movie/series and alert the user as to why---set it not try higher quality again until after the next update? I personally am a developer and I always find it extremely frustrating when other devs completely disable options for simplicity as opposed to giving users information or options. I understand the average user prefers simplicity but there is always room for middle ground IMO.

Since I am new to AnyStream I am not 100% on what the issues with the DRM were. I was having a minor issue with trying to download multiple episodes in a row at 1080p. It would fail to get the license after the first episode, skip one or two, and then continue on the fourth. So I just downloaded one at a time. My suggestion for this--given knowing nothing about how A.S works, would be to re-initiate the connection before each download, or add a setting to pause between each download for x seconds (which I think would be a good setting option regardless, for those of us that are paranoid about getting our accounts banned). After about a week it started working CORRECTLY on its own, no update needed, so I had assumed the issue was on Azn's side and had been corrected.
The queue issue is a known issue, that a search would have revealed, that has been reported many times and that the devs are aware of. They are busy working on DRM issues at the moment.

The queue issue is a known issue, that a search would have revealed, that has been reported many times and that the devs are aware of. They are busy working on DRM issues at the moment.

Good to know. Wasn't really worried about it, hence I did not search it. I have no problem starting one download while I'm working and starting the next manually when I see it is done. It is only a minor nuisance. Just wasn't sure if it was related.

....nah, nah... These guys work on this ON TOP of their fullsize regular jobs. Most people just don't understand.....
I can only assume, that this was meant as a joke.
Just to clarify to anyone who now thinks, that we're doing this "on the side" on our "spare time": the whole team is working exclusively on these products.
The last few weeks some of us spent an average of 14h per day and additionally some weekends on this and we're still at it. Full time. As always.
I think, it is important to clarify this.

I can only assume, that this was meant as a joke.
Just to clarify to anyone who now thinks, that we're doing this "on the side" on our "spare time": the whole team is working exclusively on these products.
The last few weeks some of us spent an average of 14h per day and additionally some weekends on this and we're still at it. Full time. As always.
I think, it is important to clarify this.
Thanks for the clarification, Pete. It was only an assumption / wild guess as I don't know anything about your professional and personal life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back