• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu Ray Discs That Won't Rip

mick2006

Updated list of Blu Ray discs that won't rip. Hopefully we can make this a sticky as well.

1) Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer (Fox)
2) Day After Tomorrow (Fox)
3) Surf's Up (Sony)
4) 28 Days and Weeks Later (Fox)
5) Troy (Warner)
6) AC/DC: Live at Donington (Sony)
7) Reign Over Me (Sony)
8) The Reaping (Warner)
(Note-The HD DVD version is rippable)
(Note-The European BD is rippable)
9) Oceans 13 (Warner)
10) Meet the Robinsons (Disney)
11) Return to House on Haunted Hill (Warner)
12) Hostel 2 (Sony)
13) Mr. Brooks (MGM/Fox)
14) King of New York (Lionsgate)
15) Pixar Short Films Collecion (German Disc)
16) Eyes Wide Shut (Warner) Can assume none of the other Kubrick releases will rip either
17) Twilight Zone The Movie (Warner)

General Rule- ALL FOX/MGM TITLES LISTED ON/AFTER OCTOBER 2nd are not rippable

Last edited:
All Fox Titles

All Fox titles going forward (Starting with FF4:RoSS and TDAT) will have BD+ and AACS. Fox has once again stopped me from experiencing DTS-HD Master Audio on my PC (Only thing that can decode full DTS-HD MA in my home).

:(
-dad

blu-ray BD+ titles

with the onset of this new copy protection do you think slysoft will ever be-able to overcome it it seems a very difficult protection just read this as well --------The BD+ deployment includes three phases:

- Transform code (can be included on any title)

It swaps a part of AV data with separately prepared AV data. For example, such a part of AV data on the disc may be corrupted and will not be useful without corrections with BD+ content code running in the BD+ security VM. This same process can be used for forensic marking purpose, which may be used to identify the source of content that has been illegally distributed.

- Basic Countermeasure (when a hack has been confirmed)

When a hack is suspected, content provider can enter into a hack study. Once a hack is confirmed by the manufacturer of suspected Player, then Content Provider can have developed and release BD+ Content Protection code that detects and responds to the hack.

- Advanced Countermeasure (when basic countermeasure code does not work

BD+ includes the ability to load native code (code that runs directly on the player's host process). It is allowed to deploy it only after it is proven that basic countermeasure code cannot address the hack.

According to the BDA, to successfully attack the BD+ system, pirates would have to overcome the AV content security system (e.g. extract AACS keys) and also overcome title-specific security code (e.g. reverse engineer security code).

As a last note, the BD+ Content Code works only while Disc with the code is loaded. After its ejection, the BD player will return to its state before the code is loaded.

In addition, the BD+ Key is available to cryptographically differentiate the target, hacked player from non-hacked, legitimate players so that BD+ Content Code can work on such hacked player identified with BD+ Key.

The BDA Association believes that the BD+ content code should be included by Studios on a title-by-title basis.

Last edited:
Ouch. Sounds like a nasty protection. Forgive the noob question, but does BD+ prevent a video capture card from doing its work? I know slysoft usually removes the HDCP protection, so the handshake protection is moot, but this new BD+ thing...I'm not so sure. If it would still work, I'd consider getting this and a video capture card. Sorry if this is in the wrong place...

And another BD+ example

AC/DC: Live at Donington (Blu-ray)

Transformers "the movie" 1986
won't rip or play

VerifyMediaKey failed. Please update AnyDVD!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

Last edited:
I m haviing a problem playing any blu-ray at all right now. They use to all work, but now when I put one in it says that it has to update a critical component, and when it does so, it refuses to play.It does this with all my blu-rays, even the ones that used to work and do not have the latest encryption. And yes I am using the latest powerdvd and anydvd hd software.

I m haviing a problem playing any blu-ray at all right now. They use to all work, but now when I put one in it says that it has to update a critical component, and when it does so, it refuses to play.It does this with all my blu-rays, even the ones that used to work and do not have the latest encryption. And yes I am using the latest powerdvd and anydvd hd software.

I suspect you have an incompatability on your system somewhere. I'm running 3319 and so far everything I throw at it works, although I havn't tried any BD+ discs yet, Surf's up and Troy (Blu-ray) both work in it fine as well as all my older Blu-ray and HD DVD discs

Back