• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rips that don’t read in media streamers

xtrips

Hello
Are there any previously heard occurrences of Anydvd Blu-ray rips that simply won’t allow any media streamers, and I tried a few different brands, to read their menus?
If so then is any solution to that? Maybe some files manipulation?

What brands have you tried ?
Dune HD Pro 4K II plays blu-ray menus from AnyDVD rips.

What have you tried and what menus won’t play.
I haven’t come across any menus that won’t play, no file manipulation required.
Need a bit more info.

There's plenty, and its not an anydvd problem. Its a playback problem. It's the streamers that usually don't support streaming the java based menu's on the discs/isos. That's not something anydvd can fix, the playback software needs to fix that.

It's one of the nice features of the Oppo 203 BD player, it will play menus; the experience is as if you were using the physical disc itself.

Ok. I have tried on a Dune HD Pro 4K II, a Zappiti Mini 4K, a eGreat A5 and a Zidoo Z9S. I have an Oppo 203 but it is not hacked and therefore I cannot read menus from BDMV folders. I only know these folders have been ripped with AnyDVD because they all have that ANY! folder alongside.
On all of them I simply cannot access the BD menu.
Any idea?

Yes get different player firmware that supports Java menu's, get a different player or try enabling anydvd's "speedmenu" option. Note: that last option may not work (properly) if the title has already been decrypted.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yes get different player firmware that supports Java menu's, get a different player or try enabling anydvd's "speedmenu" option. Note: that last option may not work (properly) if the title has already been decrypted.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I fear I didn't understand you at all. Nevertheless all the media streamers I listed run the latest available firmware. You suggest to get a different player, you mean 4 + the Oppo are not enough? And I guess your suggestion about speedmenu would be relevant if I was the one ripping those BDs.

Ok. I have tried on a Dune HD Pro 4K II, a Zappiti Mini 4K, a eGreat A5 and a Zidoo Z9S. I have an Oppo 203 but it is not hacked and therefore I cannot read menus from BDMV folders. I only know these folders have been ripped with AnyDVD because they all have that ANY! folder alongside.
On all of them I simply cannot access the BD menu.
Any idea?

Dune HD Pro 4K II definitely works.
Zidoo Z9s less reliable, glitchy on some menus.

For the Oppo 203, If you don’t want to jailbreak then…..
For HD Blu-Ray BDMV folder menus Google BDMV Modifier. It takes one parameter, modifies one file, then blu-ray menus will work.
For UHD Blu-ray BDMV folder menus, simply rename the folder as AVCHD. Menus will work.
Without the jailbreak you won’t get DVD menus.

For HD Blu-Ray BDMV folder menus Google BDMV Modifier. It takes one parameter, modifies one file, then blu-ray menus will work.
For UHD Blu-ray BDMV folder menus, simply rename the folder as AVCHD. Menus will work.

Never said I don't want to jailbreak the Oppo. In fact back then that was costly. And now thanks to your remark I found out that the jailbreak is free (www .avforums. com/ threads/ free-oppo-and-clones-jailbreak.2332399/). So if you recommend this one I will do it.
I found a BDMV Modifier 2.0 .... tried it on one of the folders. Said it was successfully modified. Same result. Trying to open the BD menus goes straight to a black screen. Nothing happens.

P.S: On my Dune it doesn't work.

Never said I don't want to jailbreak the Oppo. In fact back then that was costly. And now thanks to your remark I found out that the jailbreak is free (www .avforums. com/ threads/ free-oppo-and-clones-jailbreak.2332399/). So if you recommend this one I will do it.
I found a BDMV Modifier 2.0 .... tried it on one of the folders. Said it was successfully modified. Same result. Trying to open the BD menus goes straight to a black screen. Nothing happens.

It sounds like you have some issue with your folders.
BDMV Modifier 2.0 worked for me.
Also, it’s concerning that you mentioned the Dune Pro 4K II didn’t work, it’s very reliable.

I’d hold off the jailbreak until you determine if there is an issue with your blu-Ray folders.

Last edited:
It sounds like you have some issue with your folders.
BDMV Modifier 2.0 worked for me.
Also, it’s concerning that you mentioned the Dune Pro 4K II didn’t work, it’s very reliable.
Issues with my folders.... I don't know. Maybe....
I have about 48Tb of data on my NAS. They all work.

Issues with my folders.... I don't know. Maybe....
I have about 48Tb of data on my NAS. They all work.

If you have a 4K blu-ray folder, that will definitely work on the Oppo if you simply rename BDMV to AVCHD.

As far as I know I only have problems with regular BDs

I was unclear. That only BDs that I have a problem with have the ANY! folder alongside the BDMV folder. Moreover I also have some BDs with the ANY! folder that do work. So it's only a few of them.

I was unclear. That only BDs that I have a problem with have the ANY! folder alongside the BDMV folder. Moreover I also have some BDs with the ANY! folder that do work. So it's only a few of them.

The Any! folder Is irrelevant to BD blu-Ray menu playback.

The Any! folder Is irrelevant to BD blu-Ray menu playback.
I am sure of that. But if there weren't an ANY! folder in the folder structure I wouldn't have tried getting answers in this forum, would I?
It is only relevant because the people here have some knowledge about this ripping software and might help me. Which what what you do ;)

I have jailbroken my Oppo 203 and checked that it can read whatever I throw at it. It still does not read these specific folders. I now tend to think that there is problem with those specific folders but out of curiosity I wish to debug that, if I can. Can any one here point me in the right direction to learn a bit more about the working structure of BDs after being ripped so I can compare and maybe find the culprit. Maybe I won't be able to solve the problem because the ripping process failed for the "ripper" but at least I will learn something. BTW, where I downloaded these folders no one complained so that's weird.....

I've never just renamed the BDMV folder, I've always created another folder called AVCHD and just moved the BDMV folder into it. Your way saves that step, I'll have to try it that way next time.

And you're right, one doesn't have to jailbreak the Oppo to play rips with full menu; use BMDV Modifier for 2K rips and the AVCHD folder method for 4K rips, very easy and simple.

I have jailbroken my Oppo 203 and checked that it can read whatever I throw at it. It still does not read these specific folders. I now tend to think that there is problem with those specific folders but out of curiosity I wish to debug that, if I can. Can any one here point me in the right direction to learn a bit more about the working structure of BDs after being ripped so I can compare and maybe find the culprit. Maybe I won't be able to solve the problem because the ripping process failed for the "ripper" but at least I will learn something. BTW, where I downloaded these folders no one complained so that's weird.....
Re-rip the titles that don't play correctly.

Back