• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.2.9.0 is a crap release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also most of my DRM error issues was with Hulu when queuing episodes from more than one show at a time.

Netflix only gave issues when items were in the queue too long

Never had a single problem with Amazon Prime even with 1.2.7.0

Then, @VonB., if you rolled back successfully, why your criticism? I've been using RedFox software/tools (even back to Slysoft days) for many years! These guys deserve better treatment than this. They deserve multiple rounds of applause for placating the numerous DRM challenges AnyStream has been faced with lately as well as for the other exceptional media tools they provide us.

My experience has NEVER been a disappointment as I've seen this stellar team pull things "out of the mud" numerous times with fly colors. These guys in my estimation are "unsung heroes" giving us access to what many, if not most of us, have legitimate rights to in terms of media access. Having worked in IT (including software development) myself for many years I know that when things don't go the way the user wants things to go, their first thought is to whack "the hand that feeds them." When the support team pulls things out of the abyss, they rarely receive immediate praise, but are the first to get punched in the nose for a temporary glitch.

Let's give them the time, space and respect they deserve and stop acting like whining, wailing brats! They definitely deserve better.

Hats off to the Anystream team members for your dedicated, relentless efforts and all the times you pull things up from a tailspin for the user community! This user praises your efforts and knows and appreciates all you do in the face of challenges and inappreciative users.

:thankyou:

Forcing AP and NF to 540p is a piss-poor way of placating complaints of errors on the downloads as it obstructs us from being able to download titles that are actually available in 1080p.

For example, I was downloading a batch from NF, all in 1080p and working, and got the notice about 1.2.9.0 being available, so I paused my queue, updated the software, and went back in to add the titles, only to see that I could only select 540p or lower resolution.

I reinstalled the old version (1.2.8.4) and was able to resume downloading the titles in 1080p.

RedFox making a decision to do something like that seems ridiculous.

540p can only be an emergency workaround, every screenrecorder does a better job quality wise atm... but i'm pretty sure the devs are aware of it.

540p can only be an emergency workaround, every screenrecorder does a better job quality wise atm... but i'm pretty sure the devs are aware of it.

The 540 workaround is so they can say the product that you paid for has been delivered. Nobody wants to add 540 content to their collection. There's no doubt that the devs are talented people that don't deserve to be abused but it shouldn't be forgotten that somebody is making money on AS and that people are going to act accordingly.

The 540 workaround is so they can say the product that you paid for has been delivered. Nobody wants to add 540 content to their collection. There's no doubt that the devs are talented people that don't deserve to be abused but it shouldn't be forgotten that somebody is making money on AS and that people are going to act accordingly.

1.2.0.9 was released with SD so that users could download all content. Its been said numerous times by the moderators. No need to invent snide reasons.

1.2.0.9 was released with SD so that users could download all content. Its been said numerous times by the moderators. No need to invent snide reasons.

Who needs AS to download SD content which was already made available by warez groups in the past ?
If I want SD stuff I don't need AS. Which defies whole purpose of the program.
Your argumentation is like someone purchased sport car and after a week you tell him he can drive 50km/h max because internal computer broke and can't go any faster.
What's the point of purchase then?

Saying something multiple times still does not make it right....
No offense, but 540 is only acceptable for content that is not available in any higher resolution.
I rented/bought multiple movies/shows off AZ just to upgrade the crappy SD resolution to 1080 of old DVD's I own and that were not available as BluRay.

As also mentioned multiple times before, not everyone watches movies on their cell - some people have 80inch TV's and projectors with 150 inch screens ;)

I just sit back and wait for a fix while meanwhile using the monkey/sloth before downloading stuff in inferior quality.

That's almost 200 dollars here in the U.S. and yeah, you have every right to be mad and speak your mind. As of today, NO downloads on Amazon at all and SD only downloads on HULU and NetFlix with the new version. The older version doesn't work on any sites now (attempts to download using it fail and bring a "Your version is out of date" pop-up into view). I guess they're "working on it" but I wish I'd looked over these forums carefully before spending my money.

Version 1.2.9.1 has been released. Fixes some HD issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This story smells like a damp squib.
It is almost certain that devs will never be able to crack an L1 key. If they want to get one, since the rippers keep them to themselves because they fear not to have the exclusivity of ripping anymore; they'll never find one.

It is almost certain that devs will never be able to crack an L1 key. If they want to get one, since the rippers keep them to themselves because they fear not to have the exclusivity of ripping anymore; they'll never find one.

and you base that assumption on what exactly?

You don't really think the deadbolt keeps thieves out do you? There is no such thing as un-crackable. Microsoft learned a very hard lesson stating that a while back with their Windows OS. A teenage girl cracked it in less than a hour.

You don't really think the deadbolt keeps thieves out do you? There is no such thing as un-crackable. Microsoft learned a very hard lesson stating that a while back with their Windows OS. A teenage girl cracked it in less than a hour.
Deadbolts are only to keep the honest people out, a thief will gain access no matter what you do ;)

Interesting post for someone like me who went from MS-Dos to Windows 11 using all 32- and 64-bits Windows versions using old architecture or New Technology (do you remember Windows-NT?), doing software development, manipulating 3D images whose sizes were around 26Gb. I never complained when using assembler/fortran/C or C++ with MS libraries I obtained blue-screens due to hidden/unshared information by MS. And I am pretty sure that 99% of the people in this forum never complained to MS. They lived and still living with MS flaws (OS or applications). And I am not talking about the investment that you are doing every year to maintain your computer up to date.
In this forum, we have the possibility to improve an innovative product which is impacted right now by streaming companies which want to protect their content.
if someone has the magic solution, please share with the developers to expedite the new version. Otherwise, try to be patient.

Last edited:
The older version doesn't work on any sites now (attempts to download using it fail and bring a "Your version is out of date" pop-up into view). I guess they're "working on it" but I wish I'd looked over these forums carefully before spending my money.
What are you smoking? Just downloaded a movie and a series from NF while browsing this thread. Older version of 1.2.8.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back