• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.2.9.0 is a crap release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree that reducing the quality of the video and forcing that said reduction is NOT a “DRM fix”. It’s a half ass workaround, that literally solves nothing at all. I said this regarding the “other” product, and I’ll say it here too.

As far as criticism? This thread isn’t criticism, it’s intent was to rip a product, and developers .

The world has moved on from 480p. While I’m sure that the AS staff are working on fixing this for good, this is a step in the wrong direction
Its a quick fix but not a solution. I agree.

I have to agree that reducing the quality of the video and forcing that said reduction is NOT a “DRM fix”. It’s a half ass workaround, that literally solves nothing at all. I said this regarding the “other” product, and I’ll say it here too.

As far as criticism? This thread isn’t criticism, it’s intent was to rip a product, and developers .

The world has moved on from 480p. While I’m sure that the AS staff are working on fixing this for good, this is a step in the wrong direction
I have to admit its not ideal but its not the final product. If this was the final product and the devs , said this it. I would agree 100%. Before it didn't work at all. Now its downloading but at a lower res. I hope soon HD will be back, and I know you do also, so lets be looking forward. Some people that use AS use it on their phones and tablet, and low res doesn't matter there. But for all of the pro guys, its not good enough I admit that. But they are doing the best they can, the way some people talk we ought to shoot the devs.;)

I have to admit, it is confusing, I am not a developer but you make a good point.

This isn't necessarily an issue with "different' encryption. Could be the same issue I had posted about regarding 1.2.8.4 where I think AS is just trying to access and decrypt too fast? I had crashes due to back to back to back to back decryption errors. It was literally trying several next files within 1-2 seconds of an issue.

It was literally trying several next files within 1-2 seconds of an issue.
This gets back to a post/thread/feature request I stumbled upon a few weeks back.
IF this is caught or detected, THEN that provider should be paused in order to prevent mass token depletion.
This logic really should have been implemented by now

I have a feeling that RedFox 1 is working hard to get the other moderators/admins to agree to have me banned. He even stated that I don't belong here in a recent reply.
And I realize that RedFox 1 has been a moderator for 20 years, so he is really in the power seat here. I am not. I know that. So why would I stick my neck out when I know that I would most likely come off worst?
I know that I am not the same person I was 20 years ago, maybe I became less tolerant of absolute power. RedFox 1, you must also have 'grown/changed" over this period, so maybe think about that for a bit.

But also think about this folks:
If a troll is classified as someone who actually spends $100's of dollars on a companies products, then that must be the dumbest troll in the history of trolling.
Stupid is paying money for a product - repeatedly. In fact - all the products available here, just to be able to troll? Really? I don't think that is plausible.

If on the other hand it is really a customer who gives feedback both on the program in order to make the development team think about factors they might not have considered. And really, who can consider all angles, that is why you use focus groups and forums, to get feedback. A two-way street. That is how products develop and improves. Otherwise we would all still have old 32" CRT TV's in our homes and there would not even have been a need for AnyDVD-HD (with emphasis on the HD).
Also, as someone who sees how a forum is being manged and how genuine complaints is being pushed under a rug, or blatant lies being told to customers, and then points out those inconsistencies are then called a "sherif and troll", then there is more issues with the forum that people think.

I do have hope that the devs will find a way to re-enable HD and even 4K in future, that is also why I have not spend money on the competitions products which are also downloaders and NOT screen recorders. (Yes, one of them mentioned frequently can in fact do screen recording as a stop-gap for when DRM issues disables the downloading portion. That is actually quite nifty and might account for the increased price).

Also, as you might have seen from my profile: South Africa. Whilst Euro159 might not be a significant amount in the USA or Europe, it is a significant amount where I am from.
So by me spending money on this product, just to troll, is painting me with an unfair brush.

This must be the weirdest gathering of Trolls then in the history of trolling. So many people who spend money on the product, just to be classified as trolls when they dare complain. It is not right and moderators should not be biased and open to disagreements. I hope that this is something which will happen at some stage, whether I am here or not.

@Zoidberg. Hope you enjoyed the popcorn. Would have been a waste to make so much and be able to enjoy it.
I'm not biased, and I'm not saying anyone is a troll or a sheriff.
I just don't like that you complain about things that were clearly communicated and it was also made clear that the current state will not remain.
There will always be problems because the providers will always try to protect their content and AS developers will always chase after this and I am sure that the current problems will also be fixed.

This gets back to a post/thread/feature request I stumbled upon a few weeks back.
IF this is caught or detected, THEN that provider should be paused in order to prevent mass token depletion.
This logic really should have been implemented by now
Hi tw, I agree there are a few issues that would have been implemented had this other issue had not come up, when they have the time and the more important things are fixed, I promise I will bring that suggestion to them again.

@Lowpro: stupid question, but how do you have both versions installed simultaneously? I'm currently running 1.2.8.4 so I have HD and am focusing on older stuff. There are a couple of new things (like S4 of Cobra Kai) that I'd like to get in HD. When I upgrade, it throws out the old version in place of the new. Thanks for whatever help you can provide.
Install 1.2.9.0 to a different folder location than where 1.2.8.4 is installed. It’s that easy. (y)

Last edited:
I have a feeling that RedFox 1 is working hard to get the other moderators/admins to agree to have me banned. He even stated that I don't belong here in a recent reply.
And I realize that RedFox 1 has been a moderator for 20 years, so he is really in the power seat here. I am not. I know that. So why would I stick my neck out when I know that I would most likely come off worst?
I know that I am not the same person I was 20 years ago, maybe I became less tolerant of absolute power. RedFox 1, you must also have 'grown/changed" over this period, so maybe think about that for a bit.

But also think about this folks:
If a troll is classified as someone who actually spends $100's of dollars on a companies products, then that must be the dumbest troll in the history of trolling.
Stupid is paying money for a product - repeatedly. In fact - all the products available here, just to be able to troll? Really? I don't think that is plausible.

If on the other hand it is really a customer who gives feedback both on the program in order to make the development team think about factors they might not have considered. And really, who can consider all angles, that is why you use focus groups and forums, to get feedback. A two-way street. That is how products develop and improves. Otherwise we would all still have old 32" CRT TV's in our homes and there would not even have been a need for AnyDVD-HD (with emphasis on the HD).
Also, as someone who sees how a forum is being manged and how genuine complaints is being pushed under a rug, or blatant lies being told to customers, and then points out those inconsistencies are then called a "sherif and troll", then there is more issues with the forum that people think.

I do have hope that the devs will find a way to re-enable HD and even 4K in future, that is also why I have not spend money on the competitions products which are also downloaders and NOT screen recorders. (Yes, one of them mentioned frequently can in fact do screen recording as a stop-gap for when DRM issues disables the downloading portion. That is actually quite nifty and might account for the increased price).

Also, as you might have seen from my profile: South Africa. Whilst Euro159 might not be a significant amount in the USA or Europe, it is a significant amount where I am from.
So by me spending money on this product, just to troll, is painting me with an unfair brush.

This must be the weirdest gathering of Trolls then in the history of trolling. So many people who spend money on the product, just to be classified as trolls when they dare complain. It is not right and moderators should not be biased and open to disagreements. I hope that this is something which will happen at some stage, whether I am here or not.

@Zoidberg. Hope you enjoyed the popcorn. Would have been a waste to make so much and be able to enjoy it.

When is enough complaining enough?
At what point does it become tiresome and ridiculous?
How many times can you get away with complaining to your boss about the same thing over and over?
What about your kids - how many times will you listen to them complain about the same thing?

You act as if the devs are hiding the fix from you, and you feel if you keep crying they will eventually give in and release the fix.
That's not what's happening here.
We get it. Good god do we get it. You are not happy and you want it fixed - see, we understand what you're trying to say.
No reason to keep stating the obvious like a broken record, or a spoiled brat crying in the grocery store until you get the toy in the checkout line.

How many times can you get away with complaining to your boss about the same thing over and over?
What about your kids - how many times will you listen to them complain about the same thing?

You act as if the devs are hiding the fix from you, and you feel if you keep crying they will eventually give in and release the fix.
That's not what's happening here.
We get it. Good god do we get it. You are not happy and you want it fixed - see, we understand what you're trying to say.
No reason to keep stating the obvious like a broken record, or a spoiled brat crying in the grocery store until you get the toy in the checkout line.

While I agree pretty much with what you said, ask yourself what it contributes to the situation or thread? How does it help?

I totally get the frustration on both sides, but antagonizing things like this doesn’t help either

Dont know if any work has been done with the queu issues, but i grabbed 40 eps from HBO with correct resolution, correct audio language and Bitrate / channels.

Can someone make it clear what version to grab to get HD downloads working again? And maybe give context of the issue? I have waded through maybe three pages of this thread. When I goo to the download page, there is no version available except the one that forces everything to SD.

Can someone make it clear what version to grab to get HD downloads working again? And maybe give context of the issue? I have waded through maybe three pages of this thread. When I goo to the download page, there is no version available except the one that forces everything to SD.

1.2.8.4 will get SOME of Amazon in HD. From my understanding, it’s a crapshoot though. More not than will, again as I understand it

Look through the thread list, there’s a thread with download links in there somewhere

We past those marks long ago. Though I don't mind complaining nearly as much as I do the attitude and rudeness with which many of those folks complain.

Last edited:
<<I reinstalled the old version (1.2.8.4) and was able to resume downloading the titles in 1080p.>>

Thank goodness this still works! I also feel that this is a big step backward. Also a lot of videos are being removed for the new year so will no longer be available. I wish I had a working alternative as a backup until all of this is fixed.

I think there is altogether too much being said about a situation that we ALL know. Hopefully, the devs get the kinks out soon. In the meantime, I have both versions installed, on two different PC's. I use 1.2.8.4 if I can download something in HD that I want in HD. But after looking at some of the 960x540 stuff, I don't mind it at all when looking at it on a small screen. And it is better looking than some of my DVD's on a larger screen. If anything is going away that you simply must have - take it in the lower resolution. Also, since I am on a metered connection, the movies that I'm downloading in lower res saves that as well as storage. So not everything is bad. While not what we would all like to see, it is not really all that bad.

Thank goodness this still works! I also feel that this is a big step backward. Also a lot of videos are being removed for the new year so will no longer be available. I wish I had a working alternative as a backup until all of this is fixed.

This may work for some content, but not all. There are titles in AP that I'm still unable to download in previous versions of AS at 720p, though I can download them in version 1.2.9.0 in SD.

For instance, this one (attached log file).

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.8.4.astlog
    1,003.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
<<I reinstalled the old version (1.2.8.4) and was able to resume downloading the titles in 1080p.>> Thankfully this still works.
This is definitely a step backward! Also many of the videos are going to b removed for the new year and replaced by other videos. How is this considered good news!
I wish I had a working backup replacement until all the DRM problems are resolved . I will not be upgrading to a version that only supports SD.

This is definitely a step backward! Also many of the videos are going to b removed for the new year and replaced by other videos. How is this considered good news! I wish I had a working backup replacement until all the DRM problems are resolved . I will not be upgrading to a version that only supports SD.

You have, and have had throughout this entire period, the ability to screen record. You needn't wait for a full fix from AS if you're worried about missing content. Its less convenient, sure, but it works.

For me a movie/show must be immersive. You escape from your current surroundings into the show. For that you need a large screen TV, high resolution and a decent sound system. Anything less is worse than second best.

I agree for most movies, especially older movies that were specifically shot to have larger-than life impact on the audience. These days the best way to experience a movie is at an IMAX theater (or equivalent). At home it's pretty cool to watch a movie using an Oculus Quest headset, it comes pretty damn close to having the same large screen theater experience, but it does have some drawbacks, such as only one person can view the movie..... Someday, well beyond our life time, VR experiences will be something like in the 1983 movie Brainstorm where a person wears a simple headset (ie earbuds) that transmits recorded brainwave signals directly into mind and the person experiences exactly what was recorded. There are other movies that have variations of the VR theme (Strange Days, The Matrix, Ready Player One, Tron, Total Recall, Vanilla Sky\Open your eyes, etc) and then there is ST:TNG's Holodeck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back