• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.2.9.0 is a crap release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an issue with AS 1.2.9.0 64-bit
when trying to download yellowstone season 4 (that I own) on AP
Just going to the page for season 4 episodes stops at 45% before any download button presentation.
It is a consistent issue.
Not sure if it had been reported. I can provide logs if necessary.

Keep up the good work guys. This stuff is not easy and I and mine appreciate the developer's efforts.
Yes, it has been reported but it's always a good idea to leave a log file with a post reporting an issue in case your issue might be related to something else. Thanks for your kind words to the developers, they do work very hard.

Just wanted to write a quick note of Thanks for the latest release. Quite honestly, most of the things I download don't have an HD option even in the best of times. The efforts by everyone at Red Fox are genuinely appreciated.

Just wanted to write a quick note of Thanks for the latest release. Quite honestly, most of the things I download don't have an HD option even in the best of times. The efforts by everyone at Red Fox are genuinely appreciated.
Thank you for your kind words. :thankyou:

Who elected you sheriff?

I see RedFox 1 likes your post.

So @RedFox 1 , @Pete, @Ivan, @DaveO88, @coopervid

I believe I have been respectful in my replies.
I laid out my views in as best a manner as I can without using foul language.
I used only logic and conclusions in my replies.
Would my input help make the program and forum better or worse?

This post from another user asking "Who elected you sheriff?" which was then liked by a Super Moderator.
Do you think the question "Who elected you sheriff" from one user to another who is engaging in providing constructive feedback on user experience is helpful? They don't quote any particular point I raised and didn't provide any counter argument at all. It is a straightforward "attack" on my input.
Do you think that any reply I give to this question would lead to anything other than "words being exchanged". (Hence I am not replying to that member directly, but calling on you the Administrators and Moderators to provide answers.)

So tell me what is your policy on abuse from one user to another on this forum?
Is abuse allowed? -
Is it encouraged?
Will it be policed?

As long as it is not an insult, it is only a question of a user and that is legal and you don't have to like it, but it is his view of things

This is an interesting step with 12.0.9. I’m wondering if the devs are setting up for a long term fix so that these types of things won’t be easy for Amazon to circumvent etc. also there was always a very small selection of content that couldn’t be downloaded in hd wondering if this whole process will fix that. Excited to see the .10 release. Red Fox #1

This is an interesting step with 12.0.9. I’m wondering if the devs are setting up for a long term fix so that these types of things won’t be easy for Amazon to circumvent etc. also there was always a very small selection of content that couldn’t be downloaded in hd wondering if this whole process will fix that. Excited to see the .10 release. Red Fox #1

That would be great but honestly I don't see how? I'd be really interested to know your thinking on that.

No you didn't. You proclaimed that you were keeping the moderators honest. That's not logic, nor is it a conclusion.

Do you think the question "Who elected you sheriff" from one user to another who is engaging in providing constructive feedback on user experience is helpful? They don't quote any particular point I raised and didn't provide any counter argument at all. It is a straightforward "attack" on my input.
Triggered much? :cautious:

That would be great but honestly I don't see how? I'd be really interested to know your thinking on that.
I know it's been a while for a great HD fix, but please guys, don't lose faith. We never let you down, and from my point of view, we won't.

Well my thinking is that there was some drm restriction that was causing those very few pieces to only come up as SD even though streaming them was in HD. I’m wondering if digging deeper into the drm restrictions for this long may have triggered something. Let me give an example, prior to the 12.0.8 release on nf the “mitchels vs the machines” movie would only download in standard def. After I was able to at least see the 1080 version and download even though it didn’t decrypt correctly which I would assume was part of this ongoing drm issue. Hopefully when this is solved in the next few days some of not all of these movies/tv shows will be able to download in full hd.

Well my thinking is that there was some drm restriction that was causing those very few pieces to only come up as SD even though streaming them was in HD. I’m wondering if digging deeper into the drm restrictions for this long may have triggered something. Let me give an example, prior to the 12.0.8 release on nf the “mitchels vs the machines” movie would only download in standard def. After I was able to at least see the 1080 version and download even though it didn’t decrypt correctly which I would assume was part of this ongoing drm issue. Hopefully when this is solved in the next few days some of not all of these movies/tv shows will be able to download in full hd.
I need to believe me that our developers are working their tails off trying to fix this so that it wont happen again, I am sure they could just use another L1 but that would also be revoked, there are other ways but they take time. Please, bear with us,, we are doing our best and the developers have not stopped here. I know how it looks but 1we have a plan, it just takes time. We are sorry about this.

I’m excited for the prospect honestly because I think we are going to gain this functionality once it’s finally fixed.

I don't understand why other software can download (not record) from Amazon just fine in HD the exact shows that this software cannot. I did that back in the middle of December and they've been working on this since November I think. So its been over 2 months now. It would be more understandable to me if other companies were having the same issues but they are not. However, I am not using other software because it doesn't download in surround 5.1 which is important to me. Their user interface is also crap and full of bugs. So I'm really rooting for this software to work.

I also don't understand why it has issues with only a few episodes in a season when they all should have the same protection on them?

Below is 1.2.8.4 downloading in 1920 x 1080 in surround 5.1. Hanna the first season it couldn't download E6 so I tried that again after downgrading.

upload_2022-1-8_12-34-53.png

I have 1.2.8.4 and 1.2.9.0 installed and am currently downloading a TV series in 1080p via Amazon Prime using AnyStream 1.2.8.4.

@Lowpro: stupid question, but how do you have both versions installed simultaneously? I'm currently running 1.2.8.4 so I have HD and am focusing on older stuff. There are a couple of new things (like S4 of Cobra Kai) that I'd like to get in HD. When I upgrade, it throws out the old version in place of the new. Thanks for whatever help you can provide.

I see RedFox 1 likes your post.

So @RedFox 1 , @Pete, @Ivan, @DaveO88, @coopervid

I believe I have been respectful in my replies.
I laid out my views in as best a manner as I can without using foul language.
Would my input help make the program and forum better or worse?

This post from another user asking "Who elected you sheriff?" which was then liked by a Super Moderator.
Do you think that any reply I give to this question would lead to anything other than "words being exchanged". (Hence I am not replying to that member directly, but calling on you the Administrators and Moderators to provide answers.)

So tell me what is your policy on abuse from one user to another on this forum?
Is abuse allowed? -
Is it encouraged?
Will it be policed?

OMG, if you think a quip like "Who elected you sheriff?" is abuse and hurts your feelings, how do you even survive the real world?

I don't understand why other software can download (not record) from Amazon just fine in HD the exact shows that this software cannot. I did that back in the middle of December and they've been working on this since November I think. So its been over 2 months now. It would be more understandable to me if other companies were having the same issues but they are not. However, I am not using other software because it doesn't download in surround 5.1 which is important to me. Their user interface is also crap and full of bugs. So I'm really rooting for this software to work.

I also don't understand why it has issues with only a few episodes in a season when they all should have the same protection on them?

Below is 1.2.8.4 downloading in 1920 x 1080 in surround 5.1. Hanna the first season it couldn't download E6 so I tried that again after downgrading.

View attachment 62534
JoeyZ, first welcome to the forum. I believe you are a new member. This has been going on for a while, they have ways of revoking keys to let us download at 1080p. We are doing our best, and we will be successful.

@Lowpro: stupid question, but how do you have both versions installed simultaneously? I'm currently running 1.2.8.4 so I have HD and am focusing on older stuff. There are a couple of new things (like S4 of Cobra Kai) that I'd like to get in HD. When I upgrade, it throws out the old version in place of the new. Thanks for whatever help you can provide.
Two separate computers I assume, but he gets no more tokens that way, just able to install 2 versions. I am also doing that for testing purposes.

The important point is that the DRM issues have been resolved, and hopefully the next stage is upping the resolution. Let's not forget that you can actually download stuff now that you couldn't before.
im not crazy about it but i also get that that it is most def a step in the right directon and at least we are able to download stuff thats the most inportent thing right ? lol

im not crazy about it but i also get that that it is most def a step in the right directon and at least we are able to download stuff that's the most important thing right ? lol
Thank you for your understanding. :thankyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back