• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.2.9.0 is a crap release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assumed it might be due to difficulties detecting/predicting whether Netflix content will be affected by the post-2minute corruption problem. Reverting to SD for the time being does seem like a safer option. A toggle to allow attempting HD downloads would be nice in the future.

On the bright side, I've finally been able to get a few older, obscure documentaries from AP that had been inaccessible since early December. HD AP downloads would've been nice, but I'm happy to see some progress being made.
I have 1.2.8.4 and 1.2.9.0 installed and am currently downloading a TV series in 1080p via Amazon Prime using AnyStream 1.2.8.4. No issues with the video after the 2 minute mark as I encountering with a couple Netflix downloads I tried the other day. Just making the point again here. RedFox isn't forcing anyone to use 1.2.9.0. If 1.2.8.4 continues to produce the optimal result for certain streams it makes no sense to download those same streams at half resolution instead using 1.2.9.0. Muliple versions of AnyStream can be installed at the same time. Different installation directories just need to be used.

Last edited:
Where can I download 1.2.8.4 or other older versions? The only version I see available is 1.2.9.0. Thanks.

Where can I download 1.2.8.4 or other older versions? The only version I see available is 1.2.9.0. Thanks.
I just checked. The URL I have for 1.2.8.4 no longer works. Send me a PM and I'll hook you up.

Good deal. I was going to provide that URL. I tested it first and it didn't work. I assumed the file was taken down. I must have done something wrong I guess. Tried the URL again just now and it works so. Go figure. Guess I'll delete the same file from my web space that I just uploaded for you. Enjoy! (y)

For your example of Hanna (the picture you attached). Maybe you have that earlier "45%" load issue. Try doing a search for Hanna, then hit the "Play Now" button. Should get a pop-up error box...close it and the screen and download button (green near the top) should load.

Thanks. I downgraded to 1.2.8.4 so I could download in HD on Netflix while waiting for them to fix HD in 1.2.9.0.

I tried to download Amazon for a TV show of Hannah, Season 1, Episode 6 which gave me a decrypt error before.

When I pressed play it came up with the below error

upload_2022-1-8_0-44-30.png

But after Pressing X it came up like it should so thanks!

But after trying to download I got the below error.

Netflix works great downloading in HD though.

upload_2022-1-8_0-42-41.png

Good deal. I was going to provide that URL. I tested it first and it didn't work. I assumed the file was taken down. I must have done something wrong I guess. Tried the URL again just now and it works so. Go figure. Guess I'll delete the same file from my web space that I just uploaded for you. Enjoy! (y)
Appreciate it. They might have been doing maintenance or restarted something.

Thanks. I downgraded to 1.2.8.4 so I could download in HD on Netflix while waiting for them to fix HD in 1.2.9.0.

I tried to download Amazon for a TV show of Hannah, Season 1, Episode 6 which gave me a decrypt error before.

When I pressed play it came up with the below error

View attachment 62522

But after Pressing X it came up like it should so thanks!

But after trying to download I got the below error.

Netflix works great downloading in HD though.

View attachment 62521

AnyStream doesn't support playing the actual stream, so if you press "Play" you'll get that digital rights error. As for AnyStream 1.2.8.4 and Netlix, just be careful. While HD may be available many including myself would download a Netflix stream only to find that there was no video after the 2 minute mark. I believe some may have exprienced the same with other providers as well. As such, I'd stick with downloading one stream at a time and checking the end result to confirm before downloading the next stream.

Please feel free to rattle off the list of software companies you know of that give you support at all hours with an active strong community , actual employees and direct access to developers. The only times I know of where that is the case in today's world (outside of RedFox) is if it is something you pay through the arse for at an Enterprise level. That is my experience and opinion on it.

Vipre Anti-Virus
Media Centre Master
ExpressVPN

All of them provide the support you state. But their support is active and delivers results almost immediately.

But I think you need to define "support" a bit more.
We all know that the moderators here are NOT support. The only support they tend to give is: 1) Leave a logfile and 2) Be patient, the developers are working 24/7 (which is impossible for any person, and be belief is that there are only one or possibly two actual developers who work on the DRM. There might be other developers, but their expertise would likely be in other areas than what is needed for this DRM situation.
And if you mean that with "support" the developers listen to their customers, then I have to respectfully disagree with you. We are constantly told that the developers will NOT give ETAs for anything - even a feature request which has apparently been "approved".

That is not really good support. The message I perceive when issues are raised are: "Wait!, be patient. We will get to it whenever we think it appropriate, do not ask us again".
In fact how many of the "acolytes/supporters" have not commented to posters saying: "It has been requested" "It is a know issue, use the search function"? - with the implication of - "don't ask that". I bet a the vast majority of these supporters has said that to customers detailing issues on this forum.

So you created a false impression with this post of yous. That is my experience and opinion on it.

Why do I get the feeling that NOBODY here has told their content provider to shove it & end their billing. They made the undocumented system change. But, if they keep getting their money, they will continue to abuse us.

I don't know if this is a sarcastic post of if you genuinely think that people should complain to providers?
If the former, then "Ok, bit weird, but OK." If the latter, then in my view it is a bit of a silly comment. The providers and Redfox are different entities. The providers don't want anyone to download their content and strip the DRM away.
And even if AS cannot download the content, a subscriber can still enjoy the content in glorious HD/4K on their TVs (or browsers for those who enjoy it that way).

And "undocumented change" for whom? The providers surely knew what they are implemented and they undoubtedly have proper Change Control procedures in place and advanced testing before they deploy to the general public.
Anystream on the other hand then has to play catch-up to figure out what the providers changed and how that can be circumvented.

Well I was talking about the idea of installing an L3 CDM for AP instead of sending out decryption errors almost a month ago. Nice it has been finally realized. But:
  1. Why the HD resolution has disappeared for old existing material? Don't tell me it's so complicated to combine old L1 keys with new L3 keys into one DB! *)
  2. The "Audio degrade bug" is still existing. E01 in EAC3, from E02 audio degraded to AAC.
I'm really disappointed. :(

*) UPD: The existing HD keys are still in place, AS 1.2.9.0 is just forcing to download SD. By reverting this request to HD (don't ask me how) old existing material can still be downloaded in HD. Anyway, bad job done by AS, this could have been combined into the program.

Last edited:
....nah, nah... These guys work on this ON TOP of their fullsize regular jobs. Most people just don't understand.....

Please explain. As a moderator you are stating that the developers have "fullsize regular jobs"? Then how can they be working on fixes 24/7 as stated at various locations?
Make your choice.

If it is the former, then the implication is that this is a side-job for them and they want people to pay money for a premium application, but only work on it whenever they can. That would make the assertion of 24/7 a blatant lie too (in any case, it is physically not possible for someone to work 24/7 for over a month, they would be dead after a couple of days as the human body simply cannot survive without sleep, but if it is as a hyperbole, then they should make that clearer as you moderators like to throw that out).

If the developers do not have "fullsize regular jobs", then please don't use that ever again as an explanation of why things are taking long.

Just keeping you and the other moderators on here honest.

I downgraded to 1.2.8.0. The problem of lost token is to force the 540p... ok I prefer to lose tokens with my 1.2.8.0 version :p

True. I boggles my mind that in this day and age of Large Screen TV's and projectors which can do 4K/8K resolution that people are happy with 540p. Maybe the younger generation is so used to watching things on their phones/tablets/laptops that they are satisfied with that.

For me a movie/show must be immersive. You escape from your current surroundings into the show. For that you need a large screen TV, high resolution and a decent sound system. Anything less is worse than second best.

I don‘t join these kind of conversations usually, but I really don‘t get it here. Yes, I‘m also frustrated that AS does not yet work properly again. However, the new version allows downloading new titles, which had DRM problems before. Yes, in SD but at least it downloads if you need. Any yes, everything else is limited to SD as well, but it is clearly stated in the release notes. So you know what you install. And if you don‘t like it - just stay with 1284. There you can get a lot of content in HD but some fail. At this stage, you guys complained that you cannot download some titles. Now, the devs went a step forward and you dan download these titles. So it is a progress. Not the end of the road, but an intermediate step. And nobody forces you to use this version. Just stay with 1284 if you don't like SD. So everybody needs to calm down a bit.

I don‘t join these kind of conversations usually, but I really don‘t get it here. Yes, I‘m also frustrated that AS does not yet work properly again. However, the new version allows downloading new titles, which had DRM problems before. Yes, in SD but at least it downloads if you need. Any yes, everything else is limited to SD as well, but it is clearly stated in the release notes. So you know what you install. And if you don‘t like it - just stay with 1284. There you can get a lot of content in HD but some fail. At this stage, you guys complained that you cannot download some titles. Now, the devs went a step forward and you dan download these titles. So it is a progress. Not the end of the road, but an intermediate step. And nobody forces you to use this version. Just stay with 1284 if you don't like SD. So everybody needs to calm down a bit.

I think we are mostly calm. Some members are very frustrated and express themselves as they may.

I also think what annoys a lot is that you need to come to the forum to actually see the Release notes to understand the SD situation. But the program pops up with "Your version is too old, please upgrade to 1.2.9.0". That is really, really annoying.

Also, step forward would be to actually fix the program to allow 1080p on all titles in Amazon. This is a downgrade, not an upgrade. A step back, not a step forward. They could have released a "sandbox/beta" version and made it clear that if you really want to download the shows, albeit in 540p, then you can install that. A general release which takes everyone back is not progress.

I think we are mostly calm. Some members are very frustrated and express themselves as they may.

I also think what annoys a lot is that you need to come to the forum to actually see the Release notes to understand the SD situation. But the program pops up with "Your version is too old, please upgrade to 1.2.9.0". That is really, really annoying.

Also, step forward would be to actually fix the program to allow 1080p on all titles in Amazon. This is a downgrade, not an upgrade. A step back, not a step forward. They could have released a "sandbox/beta" version and made it clear that if you really want to download the shows, albeit in 540p, then you can install that. A general release which takes everyone back is not progress.

i agree that it might be better, to have released it as a beta. However, since it is the first version which allows downloads for all contents, it is also valid to call it a real release. I actually don‘t care about beta or not, just different versions for me.

As far as I know, the message that a new version is ready to download, links you to the RF homepage. There you can download the new version. But you can also find the release notes next to the download button on the webpage. So no need to check the forum.

Yes it depends of the need of each of us, sure.
I bought AS because I can't find in stores the blu ray of some tv shows in my language, only in english and on Amazon it exists in 1080p in my language, so I'll wait because in 540p I can buy the DVD it's the same thing.

Got an issue with AS 1.2.9.0 64-bit
when trying to download yellowstone season 4 (that I own) on AP
Just going to the page for season 4 episodes stops at 45% before any download button presentation. That tab is then locked so home, back and forward buttons do not activate.
It is a consistent issue.
Not sure if it had been reported. I can provide logs if necessary.
Happened of previous beta version also.

Keep up the good work guys. This stuff is not easy and I and mine appreciate the developers efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back