• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please help me!

PeaceWing

I installed the trial anydvd and clone dvd but when I inserted the a dvd it would not play. I then unisntalled anydvd and clone dvd but now everytime I insert a dvd, they do not work. I have windows xp can anyone help me?

Does your optical drive show up in Device Manager?

I installed anydvd version 6.1.1.4 and clone dvd version2.9.0. My dvd drive is Pioneer DVDRW DVR-K17. My OS is windows XP Professional. I haven't tried to copy or burn the dvd's yet. I've only tried to play them. I uninstalled any DVD and clone DVD and tried to play the DVD's again. If I use windows media player 10 I just get a black screen with no sound. If I try to use realplayer 10 or intervideo winDVD 5 I'm told to lower the screen resolution (which does not work). When I tried using inter actual player 2.0 it says that no DVD navigator was detected. The DVDs I've tried to play so far are:

-Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl, (Disk 1) region 2 (UK)
-Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Complete Collection 1 (Disk1), region 1(USA), released 2000
-Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Endless Waltz, region 2 (UK)
-Teen Titans: Divide and Conquer region 1 (USA), released 2004

I looked at the thread http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=792 but I don't know what a IDE/SATA Busmaster driver is?

Does your optical drive show up in Device Manager?

Yes, it's still there

*Oh and I also forgot that my optical drive is set to region 2 (I don't know if that makes a difference)

Last edited:
I installed the trial anydvd and clone dvd but when I inserted the a dvd it would not play. I then unisntalled anydvd and clone dvd but now everytime I insert a dvd, they do not work. I have windows xp can anyone help me?

1) Did the discs play before you ever installed Slysoft products?
If not, then this isn't an Anydvd issue.

2) I wouldn't expect Region 1 discs to play in a Region 2 drive--unless Anydvd was running.

1) Did the discs play before you ever installed Slysoft products?
If not, then this isn't an Anydvd issue.

2) I wouldn't expect Region 1 discs to play in a Region 2 drive--unless Anydvd was running.

The region 2 discs worked perfectly before I installed any slysoft products. I tried both region 1 and 2 discs while anyDVD was running but they did not work. After uninstalling anyDVD and cloneDVD, I tried the region 2 discs but they did not work.

The region 2 discs worked perfectly before I installed any slysoft products. I tried both region 1 and 2 discs while anyDVD was running but they did not work. After uninstalling anyDVD and cloneDVD, I tried the region 2 discs but they did not work.

Try http://www.ccleaner.com/

Run the registry cleaner portion of that program

And do this please:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=86829

If you didn't download the Slysoft programs from http://www.slysoft.com/download.html
then that was your problem.

When running Anydvd, please ensure your firewall/antivirus/antispyware software is granting anydvd permission to run.

Last edited:
Since I've uninstalled the program, to I need to reinstall it to play DVDs normally?

For the ones that aren't in your region, yes. Otherwise, no.

If you get the message about lowering your resolution, I would probably expect that when going from PAL (region 2) to NTSC (region 1). These are two different video formats, with PAL offering more resolution.

Remember to change your region settings when playing these discs on whatever software you're using, so the software can recognize that it needs to output NTSC if you're playing region 1 discs. Or there may be a NTSC output setting within the playback software itself.

The more I think about this problem, the more I think it's due to regional settings in playback software (for NTSC playback) than anything with anydvd.

Last edited:
I think region protection is thier way to market a DVD for $0.28 in a third world country, and $14.99 in the US for the same DVD :D

Kinda like the way a 2L bottle of Coke costs $1.39 in McAllen TX, and $0.10 over the border in Mexico.

-W

I think region protection is thier way to market a DVD for $0.28 in a third world country, and $14.99 in the US for the same DVD :D

Kinda like the way a 2L bottle of Coke costs $1.39 in McAllen TX, and $0.10 over the border in Mexico.

-W
Probably true.

Back