• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AS 1.2.8.0 DRM works, but no subtitles

DeepSpace

I was happy to see that you where able to make it work again and immediately went to NF to download the Witcher Season 2. Previously, I got an error message, but this time it worked!

But, although I selected both german and english subtitles, no file has been created. I double-checked to make sure that it is set to .srt.

Not important, but it was neccessary to relogin into NF after update.
Also, the subtitles are still showed as German and German, but I know that your main concern was to fix the DRM and you probably haven't done anything about that. So I only mention it.
2021-12-23_173747.png

So again, a big thank you for the update and have a nice christmas!

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.8.0 NF Witcher S2 no subtitles.astlog
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Logfile Information:
At first, I added the entire season to the queue.
At 00:03:36.980 I pressed download.

I think I found the issue.
Code:
00:03:37.097 - [Notice] [Mux:netflix] Start converting PNG subtitles to vobsub for German
00:03:37.110 - [Notice] [Mux:netflix] Start converting PNG subtitles to vobsub for German
00:03:37.140 - [Notice] [Mux:netflix] Start converting PNG subtitles to vobsub for English (unterstützend)
I heard that png subtitles cannot be stored as srt, right? So in that case, I would recommend that AS tells me about the issue, with the abillity to choose to merge them or to store them without converting them to .srt.

I'm seeing the same thing. The Witcher downloads fine, but no subtitles (English, embedded).

It is fine for me as well, 4 episodes already.
Will post the entire logfile when the season is done.

Arcane also has no subtitles, but AS again tells me png subtitles.
Then I went to Amz to test Ep 5 and 6 of Solos. I already have the other episodes, but these two gave me an error message, along with a dumpfile (and a dump is anything but common at the current state for me, only at the beginning of AS).
But even with 1.2.8.0, I got the error again (we are unable...) and a dump as well.

I also cannot get subtitles anymore (on Netflix). I really want them. Thanks.

P.S. I tried it on a movie and on a TV series. Both times subtitles was checked, but the subtitles did not download.

I also cannot get subtitles anymore (on Netflix). I really want them. Thanks.

P.S. I tried it on a movie and on a TV series. Both times subtitles was checked, but the subtitles did not download.
Maybe it will work when you select them to be embedded. I haven't tried that yet, my first goal was to check the two series and Amz.

First, thank you to the team for resolving the DRM issue!

Unfortunately I can also confirm that downloading the video is fine but no subtitle file was created even though English was selected when I resumed my downloading of The Uncanny Counter on Netflix. I have it set to store the subtitles as SRT.

In the meantime, this seems like a handy alternative to quickly download Netflix subtitles. There will be a rectangular pop-up at the top of the screen for you to download the subtitles, and once your selected subtitles are finished downloading, a window to download the zip with all the files will come up. The subs are VTT format but you can use an online converter to convert them to SRT.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.8.0.astlog
    77.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Unfortunately I can also confirm that downloading the video is fine but no subtitle file was created even though English was selected when I resumed my downloading of The Uncanny Counter on Netflix. I have it set to store the subtitles as SRT.
The log tells me that it is also png. So we have to see if the devs tell us whats the issue or release a new version.
Code:
00:01:28.706 - [Notice] [Mux:netflix] Start converting PNG subtitles to vobsub for English
00:01:28.707 - [Notice] [Mux:netflix] Selected subtitles format: SRT

But thanks for the link, I will try it and report back if it worked for me.

I was happy to see that you where able to make it work again and immediately went to NF to download the Witcher Season 2. Previously, I got an error message, but this time it worked!

But, although I selected both german and english subtitles, no file has been created. I double-checked to make sure that it is set to .srt.

Not important, but it was neccessary to relogin into NF after update.
Also, the subtitles are still showed as German and German, but I know that your main concern was to fix the DRM and you probably haven't done anything about that. So I only mention it.
View attachment 61879

So again, a big thank you for the update and have a nice christmas!

Same here to everything, right down to the login. I realized there were no subtitles embedded in my dl right after your earlier post. I tried two selections, and subtitles for both are stripped out of the download. Logs attached.

UPDATE: After the first two minutes or so, the video on Jumanji is corrupted, so it's not even worth my trying to dl anything else on Netflix with this version of AS.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.8.0 chocolat.astlog
    45.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Netflix dl - Chocolat subtitles selected.jpg
    Netflix dl - Chocolat subtitles selected.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Chocolat - no subtitle tracks.png
    Chocolat - no subtitle tracks.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 12
  • netflix-Jumanji.astlog
    158.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Same here, realized it right after your earlier post. I tried two selections, and subtitles for both are stripped out of the download. Log attached for the 2nd one.
Thanks for your post, even though you also have png subtitles, you use embedded subtitles. So this should confirm there is a general subtitle issue, regardless if srt or embedded.
Code:
00:00:36.889 - [Notice] [Mux:netflix] Start converting PNG subtitles to vobsub for English (assistive)
00:00:36.889 - [Notice] [Mux:netflix] Selected subtitles format: embedded

In the meantime, this seems like a handy alternative to quickly download Netflix subtitles.
I just installed it and let in run through The Witcher Season 2 and it is working. So everyone who needs subtitles can use this in the meantime.
Although the german forced subtitles for the first Ep didn't contain anything useful, it is neccessary for Ep 2 since they speak another language at 4:13.

In the meantime, this seems like a handy alternative to quickly download Netflix subtitles..

can confirm no subs on NF. AP and HMAX for now no subtitle problems with 1280.

in the meantime, until NF subtitles in AS are fixed, theres a greasemonkey script for firefox useres as well. after installing it, do not refresh netflix tab, but rather close it and reopen. i already had the script installed (but not updated) and opened netflix, no subtitle download popup. ok, went and updated the script, refreshed netflix tab, still no popup. closed netflix tab, reopened it and subtitle download popup appeared and works (at least for single season).

the only downside, it opens every episode, then downloads its subtitle, and when all episodes in season are done it puts everything in a zip file. so, for NF alternative solution works.

also, there is AP greasemonkey script as well, and it works when youre on season page and it wraps evertyhing nicely in a zip file, much better implementation than script for NF.

Last edited:
for firefox users, theres a greasemonkey script as well
there is AP greasemonkey script as well, and it works when youre on season page and it wraps evertyhing nicely in a zip file, much better implementation than script for NF
Maybe it's only me, but your post is a bit convoluted.

still no popup. closed netflix tab, reopened and subtitle download popup appeared and works
Try Shift+F5 or Shift+R next time, maybe it only works if you reload the page completely, not if you just refresh it.

Maybe it's only me, but your post is a bit convoluted.

lel. there are greasemonkey scripts for firefox users: one for NF subtitles, the other one for AP subtitles. theres also a HULU script, but i dont think it works.

Thanks for script suggestion, that will do fine for now and had no idea you could do this (y)

in the meantime, until NF subtitles in AS are fixed, theres a greasemonkey script for firefox useres as well.
Thanks a lot! I confirm the script works even in an outdated Chrome browser (which cannot play videos). Exactly what I needed.
VFubalR.png

Same here, download works but no subtitle in SRT. Thanks for fixing the DRM problem guys!

Tested 1.2.8.0 with Netflix (movie: The Unforgivable) and I also have issues with subtitles.
Test 1: I selected "English (assistive) and the first of the two "German" entries. The result was a file without any subtitles.
Test 2: I selected "English (assistive), German, German, Croation, Czech, Czech, Danish, Arabic". The result was a file with only "Arabic" subtitles.
As far as I can tell, there are no issues with subtitles with Amazon Prime.

Back