• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Uops protection

The Fly

Hi there,

Can someone tell me what a 'Uops protection' is?
I have back up a DVD-movie the my hard drive with CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD in the background.
Back up was succesfully also when you burn it afterwards it's working fine.
But i'm just a little curious what that protection is and why AnyDVD doesn't delete it.

I think it has something to do with region code i'm not sure.
So i'm asking it here

O yes when you scan VIDEO_TS the folder that CloneDVD2 made on your harddrive with FREE DVD (a free product of DVDidle) it says

UopsProtection.jpg

Free DVD download if you wanna test it: http://dvdidle.com/download/FreeDVD.exe

Hope this helps.

The user operation prohibition (abbreviated UOP) is a form of digital rights management used on video DVD discs. Most DVD players prohibit the viewer from performing a large majority of actions during sections of a DVD that are protected by this feature, and will display the no symbol or a message to that effect if any of these actions are attempted. It was intended for copyright notices and the ubiquitous (at least in the United States) FBI warning. Some publishers run protected commercials on their DVDs, which is widely seen as an abuse of the feature.

Last edited:
In short you are forced to watch some crap before you can enjoy the movie you bought.

In short you are forced to watch some crap before you can enjoy the movie you bought.

And AnyDVD removes it if you want. No idea what this "free dvd" program is talking about.

And AnyDVD removes it if you want. No idea what this "free dvd" program is talking about.

"Free DVD removes several protections from a DVD folder on the hard disk. It removes region code (RC), region code enhancement (RCE), analog copy protection, and user operation prohibitions (UOPs). You can use it to get a free DVD before you burn the DVD folder. It's only 44K."

It's a freeware program put out by dvdfab.

But I almost guarantee Freedvd is buggy, if it's reporting Uops on a Clonedvd rip.

Last edited:
Menu on backup not working

I have backup a DVD-9 movie to harddrive with CloneDVD and AnyDVD running in the background.
I have scan that folder with FREE DVD , program found Uops protection in that folder so i removed it with that program.
I've burnt those video's files to a DVD+R DL.
Burn was succesfully but the menu isn't working like it should be.
When i go to special features for example you see the tittles but you can't select them. On the original disc they become red if select them with your remote control , with the backup it doesn't.
I have copied the movie with AnyDVD en CloneCD (1:1) all is working fine.
But if you can the Video_TS folder of the disc that Oups protection is also there.
All other protections are gone and disc is media free
My brother go often to Bali (Indonesia) and only the backups without that Oups protection are playing there on a standalone player.
How can i get these backups work there also.

I'm not sure about CloneDVD but does AnyDVD remove PUO from the VOBs or only the IFOs?

I presume it is only the IFOs as it would take a lot longer to run through the VOBs on-the-fly. If this is true, wouldn't the program, FreeDVD (buggy or not) be telling the truth?

Thanks for the reply. I thought it would take too much time to scan the VOBs on-the-fly?

Thanks for the reply. I thought it would take too much time to scan the VOBs on-the-fly?
They aren't scanned, the driver changes them they very moment they are read by the OS or any program. Just the way it decrypts CSS, AACS, makes subtitles transparent, ... "on the fly".

Very smart. Thanks for the replies. I'm always curious at how this program works.

Yes this is definatly a revamped anydvd and looking good :D

I think it might have already worked like that Charlie.

How much wood can a wood chuck, chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Scanning Video_TS folder (with FreeDVD) of DVD drive with original movie in it:

1.Movie 'Blade II' R2
With AnyDVD disable
Program says : Found RC,Oups protection in folder Video_TS
With AnyDVD enabled
Programs says : Found Oups protection in folder Video_TS

2.Movie 'Highlander' R2
With AnyDVD disable
With AnyDVD enabled
Programs says : There isn't any protection in folder Video_TS

So it seems deleting it doesn't work all the time :disagree:

Scanning Video_TS folder (with FreeDVD) of DVD drive with original movie in it:

1.Movie 'Blade II' R2
With AnyDVD disable
With AnyDVD enabled
Programs says : Found Oups protection in folder Video_TS

2.Movie 'Highlander' R2
With AnyDVD disable
With AnyDVD enabled
Programs says : There isn't any protection in folder Video_TS

So it seems deleting it doesn't work all the time :disagree:

Hmm, never experienced any UPS related problem with AnyDVD running, so I don't know if FreeDVD is right or wrong, I don't care as I don't see any difference.

Back