• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Download all" or selecting multiple episodes results in lower quality on AMZN

priixx

Hey so I've noticed that ever since 1.2.7.0 and the DRM problems occured the queueing system does not work as intended.
I mostly download SD content from Amazon and the highest resolution stream for 4:3 is 768x576 (by the way 720x576 streams are larger in file size but actually look worse, they lose a lot of detail).
However since 1.2.7.0 when I select a show and press "Download all" or select multiple episodes it only remembers the resolution choice for the first episode.
The second, third, fourth, etc. episode however download in 640x480 as opposed to 768x576. This only happens when using AnyStreams built-in batch downloader.

Currently the only fix is to manually click Download on each episode, just like the good old days before we had batch download. But now we can at least queue them and not have to wait for the download to finish to select other episodes.

I doubt it has anything to do with the DRM changes made lately, so is there a fix coming or is the team at least aware of this issue?

It's not just you, I have the same issue here. I noticed that subsequent items in the download queue would have a lower resolution than the first download, but this was not the case when the queue was first implemented in AS+. The issues started (in my particular case) a few days before AP changed their DRM and bricked downloading. I was actually curious if AP was trolling us, but whatever the reason, I'm sure it will get fixed in time. I suspect, not likely before the current DRM issues.

Yes, this is a known issue - Like you already noticed, the current work around is to put each episode individually in the DL queue

I understand everyone's frustration with this and I am sure it will be addressed or explained when their new version is out and working well. You can believe me when I say that I too am frustrated with the way things are right now, but I have faith in our team, I believe the reason it's taking so long is that they want it to be right the first time, and I do not know that for a fact, but I do know the developers and they are very good. They won't put a version out there that is half-fixed. These are not things I have inside information on, just things I feel because I know these guys are good. Happy Holidays to all of you and have a wonderful new year.

Thanks for this. I didn't know and I just downloaded 15 episodes of a series from AP and nine of them had stereo instead of the 6.1 audio that they were supposed to have. It was a mix of single downloads and downloads using the queuing system so I assume that the ones that were not single are the ones with stereo. Good to know as i used a third of my monthly data cap just downloading those.

Is this just for Amazon or all the services? I’ve downloaded quite a few full shows from Disney and they’re all 5.1.

Is this just for Amazon or all the services? I’ve downloaded quite a few full shows from Disney and they’re all 5.1.
If you are asking about the issue with stereo, I can't say as I don't have Disney. I suspect it has something to do with the way the download que system is implemented. I think that if I downloaded each episode individually they would all be in 5.1.

If you are asking about the issue with stereo, I can't say as I don't have Disney. I suspect it has something to do with the way the download que system is implemented. I think that if I downloaded each episode individually they would all be in 5.1.

That’s what I mean. I queued Loki, WandaVision and Falcon and I checked and they’re all 1280x720 and 5.1. The people who are having this issue, is it just with Amazon?

That’s what I mean. I queued Loki, WandaVision and Falcon and I checked and they’re all 1280x720 and 5.1. The people who are having this issue, is it just with Amazon?
Disney+ works fine for me, I only had this problem with Amazon so far (I don't use Netflix, Hulu or HBO) that's why I put AMZN in the title.

Disney+ works fine for me, I only had this problem with Amazon so far (I don't use Netflix, Hulu or HBO) that's why I put AMZN in the title.

No, I mean I have seen others post it about lower resolution and lower audio. Wanted to just see if this is an Amazon problem and if I am still ok downloading full seasons with Disney with no issues.

My comment was only about AP.

Back