• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature Request: Export/Import Download Queue

zero269

Now that we have an amazing Download Queue for AnyStreamPlus, I think having the ability to both export and import the entire Download Queue would be extremely valuable.

If you support this feature, "Like" this post to show you would like this feature added to the approved list.

Thanks (y)

Hi @Don922

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the request you're alluding to. I did see @Zuriel Seven Save/Load Request after seeing your reply. So, in that sense I would definitely agree that it's been requested.

Considering you replied to that post that the feature was already requested, I looked deeper into the trackers...

I took a look at the Summary List and Beta Requests, but they do not include the Download Queue.
These two relate to customizable AnyStream Settings, and no mention of the Download Queue in these feature requests.

Hi @zero269,

It has been requested in the forums but not made it to any of the AS lists as a request that they are going to work on.

what is the benefit of exporting/importing it?
I think more interesting would be that AS saves the download queue between restarts/crashes.

I'm thinking by export/import he's really asking for a way for the Queue to persist.

That would definitely come in handy if it crashes, that the Queue appear as before when bringing AS back up - without any importing on the Users part though, just automatically.

But it would also be good if you pause the Queue and after any running downloads complete, close AS and/or shutdown/reboot your computer.

When AS comes back up, the paused Queue is, voila, still there!. :=)

I can see that as a great add-on during a second set of enhancements -- after the current (excellent) basic Queue set-up is completely reliable, stable, all bugs worked out.

Just my two cents.

T

It is a nice feature idea but not without issues. You don't have control over how long someone "pauses" a queue. Let's say you stop the queue and don't come back to it for many days or even weeks. What's in the queue may have changed in the service you're downloading from. So AS would need to validate each entry in the queue and flag the ones that are no longer valid or have changed. What if it's valid but the stream options changed? Etc etc. There's a lot of little gotcha scenarios in there that they'd have to cater for. So while it seems like a logically easy thing to add, it has a lot of nuance to it. IOW, if they choose to add it, it's going to take time.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

keep it simple and small...first step...if AS crashes....it would be nice if reopened the list stays there.
but hey...this is a nice-to-have feature. so if there is time...they can think about it.

I think more important would be that netflix will support 1920x1080 again...or if disney could make this step to 1920x1080, too <-- but this is related to DRM...
because netflix....yeah it's working but with those small resolutions it's not worth it.

It is a nice feature idea but not without issues. You don't have control over how long someone "pauses" a queue. Let's say you stop the queue and don't come back to it for many days or even weeks. What's in the queue may have changed in the service you're downloading from. So AS would need to validate each entry in the queue and flag the ones that are no longer valid or have changed. What if it's valid but the stream options changed? Etc etc. There's a lot of little gotcha scenarios in there that they'd have to cater for. So while it seems like a logically easy thing to add, it has a lot of nuance to it. IOW, if they choose to add it, it's going to take time.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I personally never thought it would be an easy task.

May be a nightmare to implement in fact, and possibly not even feasible for many reasons -- including some you mention.

But there's no doubt it would be good to have, from a User perspective.

I know a couple of times on this latest release, I've had AS crash early on while processing a fairly lengthy Queue.

Understandable as there are still issues to iron out. But the chore was remembering everything I had on the Queue so I could restore it and try again.

Starting this time after the title that caused the issue of course. :=)

Anyway, just thoughts on down-the-road enhancements.

keep it simple and small...first step...if AS crashes....it would be nice if reopened the list stays there.

In my way of thinking it would probably be the same mechanism.

It would take "snapshots" of the Queue so to speak as it's being built and use that to restore it - whether on return from a crash or from the User himself terminating AS.

But I agree, between the two, the recovery from crash with Queue intact is the most important one.

T

I personally never thought it would be an easy task.

May be a nightmare to implement in fact, and possibly not even feasible for many reasons -- including some you mention.

But there's no doubt it would be good to have, from a User perspective.

I know a couple of times on this latest release, I've had AS crash early on while processing a fairly lengthy Queue.

Understandable as there are still issues to iron out. But the chore was remembering everything I had on the Queue so I could restore it and try again.

Starting this time after the title that caused the issue of course. :=)

Anyway, just thoughts on down-the-road enhancements.

Right I wasn't saying it couldn't be done only that there are considerations to take into account and that it'd take a lot of work to implement. At the very moment there are more pressing issues to worry about. But future enhancement once things are good, more providers are added, etc? Sure I could see them doing it.

Hi @SamuriHL

You raise some valid points about the complexities of implementing a feature like this into AnyStreamPlus. Personally, I think everything with software development is complex, but absolutely amazing to say the least. I wish I had that skill, but I know where my level of patience lies… :cool:

One thing I've learned over my years working in IT is that solutions come from discussions just like these; from a basic level of understanding that helps the experts see things in a different light and helps them look for solutions outside their normal scope and understanding.

For this reason, I'd like to highlight a few points that you've made - that I admittedly did not think of - in hopes they aide the dev team with this being a potential future enhancement when the time is right.
You don't have control over how long someone "pauses" a queue. Let's say you stop the queue and don't come back to it for many days or even weeks. What's in the queue may have changed in the service you're downloading from. So AS would need to validate each entry in the queue and flag the ones that are no longer valid or have changed. What if it's valid but the stream options changed? Etc etc.
Pausing the Download Queue is a current and wonderful feature. Considering titles expire overnight - often at midnight - there will be occasions that our queue will see a title that is not downloaded prior to its scheduled expiration date/time; especially for those who run an overnight queue. Although many Providers have titles scheduled to be removed, they are still notorious for removing titles on very short notice, or no notice at all. So, avoiding these types of situations is very unlikely.

Although I have not verified this, I think AS is currently capable of responding to these types of situations. Title not downloadable? AS responds with an error and moves on regardless of the underlying reason the title was not downloadable.

For example, Knives Out is scheduled to expire at 9PM Pacific Daylight Time tonight.

upload_2021-12-11_11-34-52.png

I would test this out this evening, but the drm issues currently prevent that test from being performed. I would need to ensure this title was added to my queue prior to expiration and not attempt the download until after the title expires. This would certainly be a great test to see how AS currently responds to a title that expired while it was in the queue.

Now I'm thinking about how it would respond if the title expired during the download… interesting.

Yea, this is why they took time to implement the queue in the first place. It seems like an easy thing to do but there are tons of ramifications and they may even be different provider to provider. Now you see why what seems easy often isn't. I only threw out a couple of different possible issues. There are many more.

My two cents:
There's another group that offers a queue save/export/import.
Their queue saving is super simple, a plain text file that uses the url to the video. Providers won't use a same value for a different show in the future.

Example of their queue file (removed actual numbers just in case):
Big N URL here/watch/(file number here)
Big N URL here/watch/(file number here)
AP URL here/detail/(long file number here)/

You can see these same URL's when putting mouse over the play button.
To -me- it seems rather simple. The only thing that I can't know is how AS is grabbing the URL's on the back end.

Last edited:
Or perhaps something like an option to Print Download Queue List to file or paper.

+1 on this. Just had a power outage that killed a queue with a couple dozen titles.

As an aside: v1.2.8.0 has downloaded from Amazon Prime and HBOMax just fine - Great work there!

Back