• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I Could Just SCREAM...

Clams

Well... We all know I FINALLY got Saw3 ripped over the course of the past week. So, yesterday I copied it over to the HTPC and it was lined up to be last nights movie. Until I saw the 1st 30 seconds of it. <sigh>

Seems my wife bought the FULLSCREEN version. ARRRRRRGH!!!!!
Thanks to my noob status with Nero-Recode - I didn't catch it during the rip.

I REFUSE to watch a hacked up pan/scan version of the film, not on my 102" sceen - it's not happening!!

So.... today... she has to go exchange it. And I get to rip the sucker -again!

-W (had to vent)

Clams Canino said:

-W (had to vent)

Ugh.

Since it seems you just want the main movie (based on what I've read), this time when using Recode I would suggest using "Recode Main Movie to DVD". But you probably already knew that.

Ugh.

Since it seems you just want the main movie (based on what I've read), this time when using Recode I would suggest using "Recode Main Movie to DVD". But you probably already knew that.

As a rule, bonus material doesn't interest me unless the movie is truely spectacular or innovative. I do tend to browse the bonus tracks looking for cool trailers to rip for the home Theater. But as a general rule, I just rip the main movie to a drive (uncompressed with only AC3-5.1 audio) and then ship it into the theater via the network. Then if it doesn't suck, it may get compressed to 4.35 (yes, with Shrink :D ) and allowed to hang out somewhere on the network for another viewing. The only time I actually have to burn hard copy of a DVD is if my elderly mother in NH wants to see it (this is rare). She can't deal with menus, so the 4.35 redux is a perfect "pop and play" for her.

But I never do a rip/redux/burn in the same sitting.. it's more like rip/move/view/move/redux/store/move/burn. Heh... movies go through a lot here. :D

-W

PS... I see Muttly up there snickering at me. <adds Iocoeng to my list>

Well... We all know I FINALLY got Saw3 ripped over the course of the past week. So, yesterday I copied it over to the HTPC and it was lined up to be last nights movie. Until I saw the 1st 30 seconds of it. <sigh>

Seems my wife bought the FULLSCREEN version. ARRRRRRGH!!!!!
Thanks to my noob status with Nero-Recode - I didn't catch it during the rip.

I REFUSE to watch a hacked up pan/scan version of the film, not on my 102" sceen - it's not happening!!

-W (had to vent)
You have a 102 inch screen?

You have a 102 inch screen?

Ya... I'm using an InFocus DLP projector driven by a little HTPC with an Nvidia card. I drive it 1/1 pixel mapped over a DVI/M1 connection. Really nice picture.

-W

Ya... I'm using an InFocus DLP projector driven by a little HTPC with an Nvidia card. I drive it 1/1 pixel mapped over a DVI/M1 connection. Really nice picture.

-W
When you have to move your head to watch a movie, there's a problem. Some televisions are so big that you actually have to move your head.

When you have to move your head to watch a movie, there's a problem. Some televisions are so big that you actually have to move your head.
Home Theatre at its best. I have a few friend that actually have viewing rooms, small theatres in their house. Most have seating for about 30 people and it is best to sit in the back about 30 ft from the screen when viewing such a large picture.

Home Theatre at its best. I have a few friend that actually have viewing rooms, small theatres in their house. Most have seating for about 30 people and it is best to sit in the back about 30 ft from the screen when viewing such a large picture.
Yeah, but usually people get monster televisions for smaller rooms and then they are only about 6-10 feet away from it and have to move their head to watch it, which is silly. I have a 43 inch in my front room and it's perfect from about 8 feet back.

We sit about 12 feet back from the 102". Think about your viewing position/angle if you're sitting about 1/2 way back in a theater is all. I'm not doing any head turning. When the bulb was new I had to put a Hoya ND2 over the front of the PJ to cut the light output in half because it was just TOO much brightness (lumen wise). It was brighter than a new plasma, and it kinda hurt to watch it that bright. Now that the bulb has 1900 hours on it, I could remove the filter. (they dim a bit with age).

-W

Back