• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

blocked at startup with vista

bdee1

i love anydvd but HATE that every time i reboot in vista i have to go right click the icon in the system tray and say run blocked programs in order for anydvd to run. is there any workaround for this?

i love anydvd but HATE that every time i reboot in vista i have to go right click the icon in the system tray and say run blocked programs in order for anydvd to run. is there any workaround for this?

Have you tried disabling User Account Control?

anydvd blocked at startup

I am runnign vista ultimate and when i boot up, i get a bubble from the system tray tellign me that some programsd were blocked at startup....when i click on it i see that it was anydvd and i have to click on it and tell it to unblock before i can use it.

i knwo that this was a known issue when i forst got it (right around when vista was released) but has anyone been able to find a fix for this? it is soooo annoying to havew to do this every time.

there has to be some other way around this - i do not want to disable UAC and my system is set to auto-login (its a media center pc hooked up to my tv so i dont want to have to log in when i reboot).

its just so annoying to have to go and grab the mouse to enable anydvd every time i reboot.

I am runnign vista ultimate and when i boot up, i get a bubble from the system tray tellign me that some programsd were blocked at startup....when i click on it i see that it was anydvd and i have to click on it and tell it to unblock before i can use it.

i knwo that this was a known issue when i forst got it (right around when vista was released) but has anyone been able to find a fix for this? it is soooo annoying to havew to do this every time.

I'd try disabling User Account Control.

Do not 1) create multiple threads about the exact same issue nor 2) post in other threads about the exact same issue.

Also, do not crosspost.

Thank you. :policeman:

Hi :)
I am surprised this is still an issue.
On a recent clean install (using Vista Ultimate 64 bit) with the last couple of versions of AnyDVD. I have encountered no problems re startup. Have not needed to disable UAC or Run as administrator.
The above applies to Vista Ultimate 32 bit.
Versions of AnyDVD 6.1.7.3 & 6.1.7.4.
So give that a try.
Uninstall (completely) then reinstall. Making sure key is kept safe.

Who or what is creating this "bubble"?

On a recent clean install (using Vista Ultimate 64 bit) with the last couple of versions of AnyDVD. I have encountered no problems re startup. Have not needed to disable UAC or Run as administrator.
The above applies to Vista Ultimate 32 bit.
Versions of AnyDVD 6.1.7.3 & 6.1.7.4.

I suspect this issue is a result of people telling UAC "no" or "block" or whatever at some point without realizing they should have selected "allow" or "yes" . . .

I don't think it is. This "bubble" is probably created by some Anti-whatever-tool, like TeaTimer.

I suspect this issue is a result of people telling UAC "no" or "block" or whatever at some point.
AnyDVD should work fine with UAC enabled (or disabled).

I don't think it is. This "bubble" is probably created by some Anti-whatever-tool, like TeaTimer.

No. It's something in Vista. And I think it's UAC.

I had the same issue with some other program I blocked once.
I hate UAC so much (which is why I disabled it), but to each, his or her own.

UAC will ask if you want to grant permission with Anydvd to install/run, etc. If at any point you say "no" or "block" or whatever (I forget), UAC then causes nothing but problems for the user. So I agree with you in that I don't feel this is an issue with Anydvd.

Possibly right clicking on something and selecting "unblock" may work. Zebadee would know.

Last edited:

I have this running without any probs on Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

I agree, certainly the last two 'official' releases have shown no probs for me. Regardless of 32 or 64 bit.

UAC will ask if you want to grant permission with Anydvd to install/run, etc. If at any point you say "no" or "block" or whatever (I forget), UAC then causes nothing but problems for the user. So I agree with you in that I don't feel this is an issue with Anydvd.

Possibly right clicking on something and selecting "unblock" may work. Zebadee would know.

You shouldn't need to do anything now.
I haven't, although difficult to prove.
On a truly clean install of AnyDVD programs like Spybot or the Comodo beta 64 bit firewall are more likely to give probs.

You shouldn't need to do anything now.
I haven't, although difficult to prove.
On a truly clean install of AnyDVD programs like Spybot or the Comodo beta 64 bit firewall are more likely to give probs.

What happens if the user accidentally told UAC or Windows firewall or another vista security program "No" in the past when installing Anydvd? I suspect this might be what happened.

Last edited:
Yes this bubble is created by windows. But Zebadee is right the latest releases did not have this problem anymore. But when I had this problem I clickt on run it as admin an it never showed up. He could also disable an autostart of anydvd than it does not show up when it starts vista and hey could just execute Anydvd when he needs it?!But i guess he does not like it. So I would try what webslinger said UAC could be the reason for the problem

What happens if the user accidentally told UAC or Windows firewall or another vista security program "No" in the past when installing Anydvd? I suspect this might be what happened.

A clean install should start with setting reset. (If uninstall was handled correctly or no interference from other programs).
I am running at this moment in time Vista Ultimate with UAC enabled & AnyDVD is in my startup.
Here note not set to Run as administrator.

Here note that AnyDVD is a Trusted program in my startup.

Here showing UAC enabled.

Last edited:
Back