• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

20% discount on AnyStream Plus license upgrade?

BillyBob49

I have a lifetime license for AnyStream. I missed the original chance to upgrade to Plus at a discount. I see there is a 20% discount currently on any purchase. However when I click upgrade to AnyStream Plus within AnyStream, it doesn't appear that there is a discount for the license upgrade.

Is it possible to get a discount on a license upgrade?

Thanks

I noticed the same thing but only caught it after the fact. I thought the discount would be applied, but it was not. I am assuming this is an oversight.

I noticed the same thing but only caught it after the fact. I thought the discount would be applied, but it was not. I am assuming this is an oversight.
The 20% discount does not apply to the upgrade. Sorry fellas.

Yep, RedFox 1 is right. Promotion discounts apply not to upgrades and renewals. For AnyStream plus upgrade we had a special discount when plus was released...

Yep, RedFox 1 is right. Promotion discounts apply not to upgrades and renewals. For AnyStream plus upgrade we had a special discount when plus was released...

Yeah, afterward I thought it through, and I understand the math. Hypothetically a person could buy the base version at 20% off and then buy the upgrade at 20% off. Ideally, the 20% special would have been extended to those who paid full price for the base version. I missed the previous special discount because I don't spend much time watching movies\TV during the spring-summer months busy doing stuff outside, etc. But overall, no big deal.

Yeah, afterward I thought it through, and I understand the math. Hypothetically a person could buy the base version at 20% off and then buy the upgrade at 20% off. Ideally, the 20% special would have been extended to those who paid full price for the base version. I missed the previous special discount because I don't spend much time watching movies\TV during the spring-summer months busy doing stuff outside, etc. But overall, no big deal.
Thank you for understanding. :)

According to your website the upgrade is supposed to be included in the discount price.

In the below image we have it saying "Redfox is offering a discount of 20% on all products, valid until Monday, December 6, 2021.

Then below if you add just the Plus to the cart it shows the upgrade. So I'm not sure why it wouldn't apply if you click the link in the app. As for the "promotion" that was offered when it came out that one still has salt in the wounds since it was never advertised as such and the only way to find out was when the program eventually forced me to upgrade (after the promotion). Never once received any promotion about it or anything and I don't have time to constantly browse forums.

So when I saw this 20% discount I was going to grab it, but now you are mentioning that it isn't going to be honored? That just adds more salt to the wound and really hinders my decision on if I'll ever grab it.

elDen0y.png

In the below image we have it saying "Redfox is offering a discount of 20% on all products, valid until Monday, December 6, 2021.
That's correct, an upgrade is not a new product. If you would like to buy a second license we can give you 20% off. But promotional discounts do not apply to upgrades and renewals.

That's correct, an upgrade is not a new product. If you would like to buy a second license we can give you 20% off. But promotional discounts do not apply to upgrades and renewals.
Again, it does not say that. It says ALL products. Not new licenses or excluding current. On top of that they are both called AnyStream Plus. The information you are giving contradicts exactly what the banner says and what it displays.

Well Aceso, most of the wording is based on times before Anystream and Anystream Plus existed. But you can find this on the purchasing page:

Upgrade to AnyStream Plus
To upgrade your AnyStream license to AnyStream Plus, please use the upgrade button within the AnyStream application.

The price for upgrading AnyStream to AnyStream Plus is 60 EUR, no matter if your license is a 1 year, 2 year, 3 year, or lifetime license. This is a one-time purchase and will permanently upgrade your existing license and future renewals to AnyStream Plus.

Upgrading to AnyStream plus does not affect or extend the expiration date of your current AnyStream license. The upgrade does not renew your license.

An expired license cannot be upgraded. If your license is expired, please renew before upgrading.

Our shop system does currently not support upgrade and renewal in one single step, so this has to be done by two separate purchases.

So- upgrading to Plus is 60 Euro w/o the discount.

Again, it does not say that. It says ALL products. Not new licenses or excluding current. On top of that they are both called AnyStream Plus. The information you are giving contradicts exactly what the banner says and what it displays.
Sorry you feel that way. But an upgrade or renewal does not apply. I think we have discussed this enough. Thank you for your interest in our products.

Shame on me, I've updated the website with "This discount does not apply to renewals or upgrades."

@Aceso: please check your PM for a candy...

Thank you so much! I love everything you all do with these products and look forward to the future. You all do amazing work and respond promptly from my experience. Hopefully everyone has a happy and safe holiday season!

@RedFox 1 - Wanted to apologize if I came off as rude or anything. Wasn't my intention and just wanted to bring to light how confusing it might be for some people who are unaware and don't browse the forums. When I'm passionate about things I tend to go a little overboard at times without even realizing it.

Back