• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hulu Video capped at 720p and Audio Locked down to stereo. Is there anything I can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalone

I recently upgraded to AS Plus 1.2.5.0. I have never used AS Plus before but have used the non plus version to download content from Amazon Prime with great success. I have a hulu with ads subscription and wanted to add it to my content so I upped and purchased AS Plus.

I have been downloaded various content and I noticed a trend was to block any resolution higher than 720p and not allow any 1080p content. Additional thing I noticed right off the bat was that none of the audio choices were available. Every content I download is stuck around 68 to 77 kbps AAC-SBR stereo. This all happens with any content even hulu originals which are at least dd+ 5.1 and 1080p while streaming. I have a show for example called Wild Crime and season 1 episode 1 which were locked down to a specific resolution an audio option. The 1280 x 720 seems to be the best I can select and I am attaching a pic to show the rest. Audio is not only locked but quite low. If this is how hulu works in AS then please let me know otherwise I would like to try and fix what is happening. I am attaching a log file as well. I know some content due to source limitations is locked to a lower res and audio such as St. Elsewhere. That is why I opted to use a hulu original file as my test case since they are generally higher quality sound and video.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Wild Crime.JPG
    Wild Crime.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 14
  • hulu-Wild Crime_S01E01_She Had a Bad Fall.astlog
    857.4 KB · Views: 3
Unfortunately both Hulu and Disney+ cap at 720p on windows browsers

You can't compare AnyStream navigation with a full featured browser, yes they both get capped at 720p, but the reasons why are different.

You can't compare AnyStream navigation with a full featured browser, yes they both get capped at 720p, but the reasons why are different.
The reason is the same, it’s widevine L3. You can only get higher res on Safari on Mac and the native apps

Lmao. You bring up something just to be pedantic, and then resort to this. Yikes
You again, no. Those are standing orders by forum admins. Like it or not, that's the way it is. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

You again, no. Those are standing orders by forum admins. Like it or not, that's the way it is. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Lol you make 0 logical sense, you were the one who brought it up to begin with.

you still butthurt you’re not a mod anymore? You’ll be ok haha

Lol you make 0 logical sense, you were the one who brought it up to begin with.

you still butthurt you’re not a mod anymore? You’ll be ok haha

Apparently it affects you more than he since you are the one that brought it up. And while I only speak for myself, I think it's safe to say this sort of nonsense no one wants to see here.

Apparently it affects you more than he since you are the one that brought it up. And while I only speak for myself, I think it's safe to say this sort of nonsense no one wants to see here.
What exactly did I bring up? I literally answered the original poster’s question correctly and was told I was wrong by chevron, who brought up how anystream can’t be compared to a browser and the reason is different

What exactly did I bring up? I literally answered the original poster’s question correctly and was told I was wrong by chevron, who brought up how anystream can’t be compared to a browser and the reason is different

I am not going to enter into a fight with you but you are going out of your way to be a jerk. No one wants to see it. Things can be discussed without being a jerk in my opinion.

Because you are. Guess i'll need to repeat it again, since you don't seem to understand it. Whatever the exact reason is (whether you're right or wrong) is irrelevant, it falls under proprietary AnyStream information and technical details about how it works. As per forum admin policy, those are not discussed here. End of story.

Because you are. Guess i'll need to repeat it again, since you don't seem to understand it. Whatever the exact reason is (whether you're right or wrong) is irrelevant, it falls under proprietary AnyStream information and technical details about how it works. As per forum admin policy, those are not discussed here. End of story.
Not wrong, you’re not a mod anymore, and you’re the one who even mentioned the technical aspect to begin with.

Not wrong, you’re not a mod anymore, and you’re the one who even mentioned the technical aspect to begin with.

Not being a mod anymore doesn't change the fact that it's standing policy such details aren't discussed here. Period. And yes i did mention that it falls under technical aspect, but i also said

technical details not discussed on this forum.

Something you blatantly continue to disregard.

Whilest I agree that this technical information is not to be discussed in this forum, I think that the L3 stuff and that you can only get higher resolutions with some apps etc is common knowledge. It even has been mention various times in this forum, also by myself.
So even though Ch3vr0n is correct, I can see no problem here.

I am not going to enter into a fight with you but you are going out of your way to be a jerk. No one wants to see it. Things can be discussed without being a jerk in my opinion.
You're right, I should just be passive aggressive like chevron. He without fail always has to say something against me because a few months ago I said he shouldn’t be a mod anymore.

Not being a mod anymore doesn't change the fact that it's standing policy such details aren't discussed here. Period. And yes i did mention that it falls under technical aspect, but i also said

Something you blatantly continue to disregard.

1. I mention how there is a limitation to the resolution offered, which answers OPs question and they are satisfied.
2. You come out of nowhere, and bring up a technical reason for saying I’m wrong.
3. I reply to you
4. You essentially say “Haha, no technical conversations allowed”

You’re the one who brought it up in the first place for no reason, so why are you telling me off for replying to you? Was this some sort of bait? It’s just so obvious you reply to anything I say because you’re salty that I cheered when you were no longer a mod.

And even though you’re no longer a mod, you’re still power tripping.

Oh please, what you think of me I can't uod care less. Don't try to change the subject or point this on me. You were told repeatedly by me and others including @Pete in the past and present that

Discussion of technical details is not allowed on this forum.

Yet you keep doing it, what part of the above don't you understand? The fact that a certain DRM implementation by providers is common knowledge to some, is irrelevant. No discussion is no discussion. Plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back