• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Always 100%

jaymac

Recently noticed the quality is showing 100% for every dvd I'm sure it used to vary depending on what compression was needed and its only taking 16mins to copy

So? PCs have now far more computing power and DVDs are obsolete regarding video quality. BD and UHD are far better regarding video quality.

I'm not an expert for CloneDVD. Always used a competitor program. Sorry!

...and DVDs are obsolete like VHS tapes in my opinion. We have BDs and UHDs now.

Recently noticed the quality is showing 100% for every dvd I'm sure it used to vary depending on what compression was needed and its only taking 16mins to copy
More than likely, on the Title Configuration page, you have the Quality bar set to DVD +/- R. That means no compression, so everything will be 100%. Changing the Quality bar drop down to DVD-5, you will then see the compression changing.

If your output is to a single layer disc, you would want it set to DVD-5. If a double layer disc, then DVD +/- R. If you are just ripping to a hard drive, then DVD +/- R uses more space but has better quality. DVD-5 uses less space, but quality will be lower.

Wrong I already checked all that before I posted i'm not new to the forum

Wrong I already checked all that before I posted i'm not new to the forum
If it is set to DVD-5 and the Quality bar stays at 100%, then your source discs are single layer discs, so they would be at 100%. There is no other option.

...and DVDs are obsolete like VHS tapes in my opinion. We have BDs and UHDs now.
There is considerable content only available on DVD. Not on Blu-ray, not for streaming.

Older movies/TV shows for example. Newer movies and TV shows are where BDs "rule".

The constant pronouncements of the death of DVDs is exaggerated, predicted for years and years.

DVDs may be heading for obsolescence, as happened to video tapes, the format ain't there just yet. Some day it will be a memory only appreciated by a select few.

CDs were supposed to kill vinyl records. Audiophiles have given them a new lease on life because of the quality of the recording and playback.

My foray into Blu-ray happened only a couple of years ago. When buying content on Blu-ray became cost effective that rivaled DVDs. And some content I wanted was only available on BDs.

Back