• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD region protection using virtual machine?

wardh

Hi,

If I use AnyDVD in a virtual virtual machine (Vmware workstation).

Now is when I change regions in the DVD / Blu-Ray does it disable region protection on my host machine.

So that means if I change disks between multiple regions and not region lock my blu ray drive.

Thanks,

Ward

I don't exactly understand what you are trying to say but AnyDVD is there to bypass the protection of your discs, including region lock. Only make sure to set the region if your drive is Region 0 (not set!) and you have problems. Exit AnyDVD before doing that.

I don't exactly understand what you are trying to say but AnyDVD is there to bypass the protection of your discs, including region lock. Only make sure to set the region if your drive is Region 0 (not set!) and you have problems. Exit AnyDVD before doing that.

This is the BD section, just for clarity drive region only affects DVD's. Not BD's

It's good pratice to set the DVD region in general. Now we won't get picky in which section it's posted.

Last edited:
Hi,

If I use AnyDVD in a virtual virtual machine (Vmware workstation).

Now is when I change regions in the DVD / Blu-Ray does it disable region protection on my host machine.
No.

Back