• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cheech and Chong: Still Smokin'

Manogos

When I try to rip this there is an issue with playlists because the copied folder is more than 200 GB in size!

I managed to load with AnyDVD and rip to ISO with ImgBurn. The ISO is the correct size but if I try to re-rip the image or even unzip with WinRar the target folder will be very large.

Logfile attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.7.0_Info_B_CHEECH_AND_CHONG_STILL_SMOKIN_E3308422_00000000.ziplog
    864.2 KB · Views: 13
First off, I applaud your movie choice.

As far as the issue, why would you use ImgBurn AND AnyDVD? Why not just use AnyDVD to RIP to ISO directly? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for the replies. I do want the full disc ripped to folder and not ISO. The reason I used ImgBurn was that when ripping to ISO with AnyDVD it had some disc errors and I was trying to avoid that with ImgBurn.

Anyway, the main issue remains: how can I rip full disc to folder with AnyDVD and don't end up with a BD folder, 200 GB in size?

Can the issue be because of the bad sectors detected by AnyDVD ISO ripper and ImgBurn? Or is this an authoring issue? Or maybe AnyDVD can't crack the playlists? Or... maybe... I've been smokin' somethin''??

Here is the error log when ripping to ISO with AnyDVD:
Error reading from drive B:!
Read Error Sectors: 10080-10094
Read Error Sectors: 10095-10109
Read Error Sectors: 10110-10124
Read Error Sectors: 46905-46919
Read Error Sectors: 46920-46934
Read Error Sectors: 46935-46949
Read Error Sectors: 14055135-14055149
Read Error Sectors: 14055150-14055164
Read Error Sectors: 14055165-14055179

Looks like a copy protection to me. Maybe @Pete can take a look.

Please post a screenshot of the AnyDVD status after reading in the disc. It‘s possible that. there is encryption with bad sectors.
On the other hand you will also always end up with huge file sizes using folders. The playlists mimick several versions of the movie and then all of them end up using these 200GB space.

Please post a screenshot of the AnyDVD status after reading in the disc.
Why?
On the other hand you will also always end up with huge file sizes using folders. The playlists mimick several versions of the movie and then all of them end up using these 200GB space.
This is called "copy protection". ;)

I was just wondering if so and then take the next step to set the options in AnyDVD based on bad sectors. Of course this will not help with the second part of his problem.

Here is the screenshot:

Attachments

• anyDVD_smokin.jpg
    anyDVD_smokin.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 22
There is no protection with bad sectors. I guess we need to wait for Pete having a look.

I was just wondering if so and then take the next step to set the options in AnyDVD based on bad sectors. Of course this will not help with the second part of his problem.
FYI, the "screenshot" is inside the logfile as "status.txt". There is no setting for "bad sectors" for Blu-ray discs, only for Video-DVDs. AnyDVD should detect & remove it for Blu-ray discs with Blu-lock, but apparently it does not in this case.

When I try to rip this there is an issue with playlists because the copied folder is more than 200 GB in size!

I managed to load with AnyDVD and rip to ISO with ImgBurn. The ISO is the correct size but if I try to re-rip the image or even unzip with WinRar the target folder will be very large.

Something is odd with this logfile. It is a BDROM without AACS? It contains an ANY! directory and a disc.inf file? Is this really a logfile created from an *original* disc?

Sorry for the delay @James Not sure what happened with the first log file. I made a new one making sure it's from the inserted disc and not any mounted ISO.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.7.0_Info_B_CHEECH_AND_CHONG_STILL_SMOKIN_E3308422_00000000.ziplog
    865.6 KB · Views: 4
Sorry for the delay @James Not sure what happened with the first log file. I made a new one making sure it's from the inserted disc and not any mounted ISO.
Amazing. It looks like the original disc contains disc.inf & the ANY! directory. Can you please disable AnyDVD and copy the files "disc.inf" and the "ANY!" directory to harddisk, zip them and post them here? Thank you.
Make sure to DISABLE / EXIT AnyDVD before copying the files.
Is this a pressed BD-ROM disc? Please check for barcode(s) between the hole and the data layer. Or is this an "manufactured on demand" disc written to a BD-R?
What puzzles me is, that your drive reports the disc type as BD-ROM and not BD-R. But BD-ROM is required to have AACS to play in standalone players, and your disc is not AACS protected. Very strange.
Where have you bought it? Can you post a link? Thank you.

You're right, there are ANY! directory and "disc.inf" on the disc. I exited AnyDVD and zipped them up (attached).

As for barcodes, I don't see any in the inner ring. But there is an alphanumeric code there. Not sure if this means burned on-demand.

As for where, I bought it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091WGHCGZ

Attachments

• ANYfiles.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
Thank you. Can you please post another logfile created with your Pioneer drive for comparison?
I want to check, if the Pioneer drive identifies the disc as a BD-ROM, too. Thank you.

Please try AnyDVD 8.5.7.1: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-hd-8-5-7-1-beta.82486/

Please let me know, if this fixes the problem. Thank you.

It worked like magic! Thank you so much!

As for the Pioneer drive, it's not working for BDs and I only use it for DVDs nowadays. Not sure what the issue is but if I resolve it I'll post the logfile.

It worked like magic! Thank you so much!
You are welcome!
As for the Pioneer drive, it's not working for BDs and I only use it for DVDs nowadays. Not sure what the issue is but if I resolve it I'll post the logfile.
Don't worry. In the meantime I found out, that LG drives are liars. I have some of these "on-demand" discs, and my LG drive claims they are BD-ROM. My Pioneer drive says they are BD-R, which is correct. Doesn't matter, it is just confusing for the poor soul looking at logfiles. ;)

Back