• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Power DVD 17 WILL NOT PLAY HEVC [ SOLVED ]

Wheatley

I downloaded Labyrinth in HEVC on HBO Max but Power DVD 17 will not play the file. It says it supports HEVC and H.265 and H.264. on the website. I downloaded Point Break on HBO Max In AV and that plays fine. Movies And TV and Windows Media Center Play the file fine. Do I have to upgrade Power DVD? I have converted files to HEVC with uniconverter and they play. Can you tell me why it will not play the file. Here is a link https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19880 . I will upload the log files. Power DVD opens up and then just closes again when I use open with .

Attachments

• Labyrinth.astlog
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Point Break.astlog
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Microsoft media player Plays these.mp4 files As good as any.

The codec is not present in the file? I downloaded it in HEVC. Do I have to change settings?

The codec is not present in the file? I downloaded it in HEVC. Do I have to change settings?
The codec is not present in Windows. For PowerDVD, it depends on the version.

I use the KLiteCodec pack with the MPC (MediaPlayerClassic) inside the pack, to watch videos.

I used uniconverter to convert from 1920 816 to 1920 1080 and made it full screen and now it plays but I lose DD+. It does not have the option for DD+ I get AAC. I have 5.1 speakers hooked to my computer. I also lose the description of the movie.

I have version 17. It says at the website it supports HEVC. The files are smaller but look the same.

Sorry I meant Windows Media Player. I have Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 build 19043.1237 and Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 SP1 X 64 ENU installed. It plays in Media player Movies and TV and Nero 9. I have Cyberlink Media Suite 15. I used a updated version of uniconverter. I was able to get AC3 audio and that plays in HEVC. Why won't the file?

Last edited:
I guess the downloaded file is with EAC3 audio, maybe P-DVD has a problem with that?
I convert all my downloaded files from EAC3 to AC3 audio for compatibility reasons

yeah, you also have an option for ac3 on HMAX. i use a HTPC so no problem with EAC3, but if its available i go for ac3 for wider compatibility. yes, its an additional step when downloading therefore i use it for movies on HMAX, tv series i go for EAC3 since among other things AS doesnt remember last selection for audio and it would be a pain to have to select AC3 for every single episode in a 6 season series. so, try downloading same video, same resolution but with ac3 audio track and see if thats solves your current predicament.

Labyrinth is not available anymore.I downloaded the fugitive in HEVC and AC3 audio and Power DVD just opens and closes again.It does not even play. Do you know why it won't even play?

AnyStream is doing exactly what AnyStream is suppose to do, Download a file.

If PowerDVD cannot play that file it most likely is not an AnyStream issue. Sure, it is possible that the file was corrupted during download. If the file won't play even in another Player (ex. VLC or MPC) then the file maybe corrupt. If the file will play in ... say, VLC (or any other player software) .. but not in PowerDVD then the issue is with PowerDVD (or maybe in this case HBOMax).

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be much joy in contacting Cyberlink about it since the version of PowerDVD is older. But it wouldn't hurt to ask your questions in a Cyberlink PowerDVD forum.

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19880

The link indicates that PowerDVD 17 supports HEVC* (asterix indicates not all versions are supported - I take that as not all PowerDVD 17 versions)

You indicate that your using the "Play With" context menu option to play the file. Have you tried starting PowerDVD first and then navigating to the file thru PowerDVD to start it? I would not expect it to work any better but you may get some kind of message as to why it doesn't work (or maybe not ... just a suggestion).

What is strange is when I convert it to the same format HEVC with uniconverter and AC3 audio it plays with the Power DVD 17. I didn't have any playback issues until I updated my operating system to version 21H1. Now I have weird audio issues. The backround music is loud but the voices are low on some titles.I have 6 speaker 5.1 but I have to set it to 4 speakers to get audio right.

I just downloaded Tom & Jerry in 4K DD+ in HEVC format and it plays fine.Plays fine with Power DVD 17. It is strang some of the issues I am having.

Last edited:
yeah, you also have an option for ac3 on HMAX. i use a HTPC so no problem with EAC3, but if its available i go for ac3 for wider compatibility. yes, its an additional step when downloading therefore i use it for movies on HMAX, tv series i go for EAC3 since among other things AS doesnt remember last selection for audio and it would be a pain to have to select AC3 for every single episode in a 6 season series. so, try downloading same video, same resolution but with ac3 audio track and see if thats solves your current predicament.

If PowerDVD cannot play that file it most likely is not an AnyStream issue. Sure, it is possible that the file was corrupted during download. If the file won't play even in another Player (ex. VLC or MPC) then the file maybe corrupt. If the file will play in ... say, VLC (or any other player software) .. but not in PowerDVD then the issue is with PowerDVD (or maybe in this case HBOMax).

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be much joy in contacting Cyberlink about it since the version of PowerDVD is older. But it wouldn't hurt to ask your questions in a Cyberlink PowerDVD forum.

The link indicates that PowerDVD 17 supports HEVC* (asterix indicates not all versions are supported - I take that as not all PowerDVD 17 versions)

You indicate that your using the "Play With" context menu option to play the file. Have you tried starting PowerDVD first and then navigating to the file thru PowerDVD to start it? I would not expect it to work any better but you may get some
I guess the downloaded file is with EAC3 audio, maybe P-DVD has a problem with that?
I convert all my downloaded files from EAC3 to AC3 audio for compatibility reasons
Thanks for you suggestion!
kind of message as to why it doesn't work (or maybe not ... just a suggestion).

You indicate that your using the "Play With" context menu option to play the file. Have you tried starting PowerDVD first and then navigating to the file thru PowerDVD to start it? I would not expect it to work any better but you may get some kind of message as to why it doesn't work (or maybe not ... just a suggestion).

No I don't get a message it just closes. Yes you are right I tried VLC and it does play the file. Thank You very much!

I think you are right the audio is the problem!

Back