• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

List of BD+ Discs/Revocation Issues

Halloween Has No BD+

Just wanted everyone to know that Halloween backed up fine-I am going to stay away from Fox titles and be very cautious of the discs that I try to rip-try to find out on the net first if they have BD+ on them.

Just wanted everyone to know that Halloween backed up fine-I am going to stay away from Fox titles and be very cautious of the discs that I try to rip-try to find out on the net first if they have BD+ on them.

Why are you so frightend by BD+? BD+ can not stop your pc from working or something like that. BD+ also can not revoke your drive only AACS can. The only thing Peer said yesterday BD+ can load somthing but I think it is unrealistic because they can not say that a BD is played back on a pc so I think they cannot put a trojan on there and spy your private documents and send them if your pc has internet connection to Sony... You could also playback the the BD in a standalone player ok what is sony going to find in a standalone player the firmware?

I tried turning off AnyDvd Hd and taking a look at the file structure of some of my older BD's and my system doesn't even recognize that there is a disc in the tray. When I click on "my computer" the drive shows up as DVD-RAM drive and when I click on "Explore" it says "inset a disc". I don't know what this means, does anyone. When I turned AnyDVD back on, then the disc showed up and I could explore the disc's folders. Theoretically, I don't think I should need anydvd on my system to play a blu ray disc.

it's an udf 2.5 .iso, i have had some success with that Tosh HD driver on some computers, others...not

same thing happens if you put a ps3 game disc in a pc, yet on a ps3 in linux, it reads it fine...

Why are you so frightend by BD+? BD+ can not stop your pc from working or something like that. BD+ also can not revoke your drive only AACS can. The only thing Peer said yesterday BD+ can load somthing but I think it is unrealistic because they can not say that a BD is played back on a pc so I think they cannot put a trojan on there and spy your private documents and send them if your pc has internet connection to Sony... You could also playback the the BD in a standalone player ok what is sony going to find in a standalone player the firmware?

I simply don't want to put a BD+ disc in there and then not be able to rip future blu ray discs.

I simply don't want to put a BD+ disc in there and then not be able to rip future blu ray discs.

It will never happen like that because BD+ is simply a programm which encrypts the content and checks while you are playing the disc back what you do with it nothing more. After you stop the playback BD+ is gone.And that is what they want to do BD+ because if it would stay on your Pc James' and peer's job would be much easier to crack it.The only thing were you should be frightend of is that the new HDDVDs and BD update the revocation lists inside the drives so no old host can playback/rip the discs but that has nothing to do with BD+.

Here you can roughly see how BD+ works:

http://www.breakitdownblog.com/2007/06/21/bd-drm-released/

And here even better:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070620-blu-ray-content-protection-agency-certifies-bd.html

Last edited:
Why are you so frightend by BD+? BD+ can not stop your pc from working or something like that. BD+ also can not revoke your drive only AACS can. The only thing Peer said yesterday BD+ can load somthing but I think it is unrealistic because they can not say that a BD is played back on a pc so I think they cannot put a trojan on there and spy your private documents and send them if your pc has internet connection to Sony...

They can and - I'm sorry to scare you - they will. They will not use BD+ to actually phone home to Sony with your personal data, because that is plain illegal (though BD+ would have the potential, shouldn't this be enough to make you boycott that crap?).
The thought behind allowing BD+ to run native code is to let "standard" BD+ determine whether you are using (potentially) compromised equipment and fix that right away without being tied to the limitations of BD+ itself.
This can be a lot of stuff like auto-updating your drive's FW or removing patches that were made to your favorite player (hardware or software).

It could also be shutting down your PC for fun, whatever.

And it is highly probable that at some point that BD+ will mistakenly detect an "evil crack" where there is none and send your system or drive directly to the junkyard.

Whether or not these things are actually going to cause this trouble is not really the point though. By supporting Blu-Ray you are effectively allowing a company to lay their hands on your personal belongings without you even knowing when and how they misuse (to some point they will) this questionable privilege.
And on top of that: you're doing this without much pressure, after all there is a much more friendly format available.

These things always happen in small steps. Today you get to opt into the BD+ scenario, you shrug and accept. Next thing will be, that you agree to phone Sony headquarters each time you want permission to watch your movie ("...and have you been a good boy too?..."). And someday someone asks you why you do such stupid things and you'll answer: "why? it's always been like that".

Excellent ruminations on the matter, Peer. All the more reason for SlySoft to crack and get rid of that POS protection. I won't be buying any Fox releases until BD+ is no longer an issue.

Why are you so frightend by BD+? BD+ can not stop your pc from working or something like that.
Whatever you believe. But BD+ *can* execute native code on the target machine. I don't know if studios will use this possibility or not.
But don't say you haven't been warned.

I have told people to stay away from Blu-ray right from the start of this stupid format battle.

Excellent ruminations on the matter, Peer. All the more reason for SlySoft to crack and get rid of that POS protection. I won't be buying any Fox releases until BD+ is no longer an issue.
You have a point. But this is not the right approach. You will buy (this means *pay*) for this crap as soon as we are able to remove BD+?
How will this teach the Blu-ray folks a lesson?
The right thing(tm) is not to buy Blu-ray discs at all. Let the Fox, Sony and Disney movies gather dust on the shelves. Watch Matrix, Transformers or Shrek instead.

*Money* is the only argument business people listen to.

I see. I also support Blu ray and HDDVD and I have more movies on HDDVD. Because I am a professional Photograph I use BD discs to make backups of my picutres. It has advantateges in more space. Don't say HDDVD has 51GB there never will be a burner for triple layer HDDVDs.

Ok you warned me fine but I think there are much bigger risks I have to accept. For example I have to use POWERDVD this installs direct on my system and just runs native code it could do it. And I think this is a bigger risk than get a very smal native code from a BD disk or lets go on.....if this is your way of thinking I shouldn't use Windows because this can really do what it wants and microsoft did install updates without asking the user. I think the only thing which could stop this misstrust is an open source code. So everyone can check what the programm really does right?!So we shlould use a linux disrtibution.....

Ok you warned me fine but I think there are much bigger risks I have to accept. For example I have to use POWERDVD this installs direct on my system and just runs native code it could do it. And I think this is a bigger risk than get a very smal native code from a BD disk or lets go on.....if this is your way of thinking I shouldn't use Windows because this can really do what it wants and microsoft did install updates without asking the user. I think the only thing which could stop this misstrust is an open source code. So everyone can check what the programm really does right?!So we shlould use a linux disrtibution.....

That logic doesn't work here.

a) Cyberlink has no reason to put up a fight with you - you are their customer, they want you to trust them in the future. Their reputation is at stake. And they don't really care if you crack AACS or BD+, they do what they can to prevent their own software from being compromised, because they signed to do so (and only because of that).
Blu-Ray/BD+ on the other hand sees every customer as a potential thief and this mistrust (paranoia) leads to irrational measures taken.

b) at some point in near future, there will be alternatives to PowerDVD, the customer would then walk away from Cyberlink if they'd do stuff, the customer doesn't like.
Blu-Ray/BD+ will have no competition to fear, once HD-DVD is gone.

And also you're gonna be taking a risk anew with each and every new BD you buy. While PowerDVD will remain the same (except for AACS updates that we all have to thank the AACS LA for).

So you have a lot of reason to trust that Cyberlink treats you with respect while the Blu-Ray consortium couldn't care less.

And to go on I really like linux based systems and use Kubuntu myself. I have Windows on my system and kubuntu. I use windows to backup my DVDS HDDVDS and BDS an watch the HD movies there. The rest I do with my pc I do in Kubuntu. I really would appriciate to be able to use the slysoft products on linux based system but I understand slysoft why they don't offer this possibility becuase there aren't enough people out there which use linux. And I really like the slysoft products.

I certainly don't want to offend Slysoft, you guys have worked miracles for all of us; however, what I am sensing is that Slysoft doesn't want to or can't break BD+. And that is fine, but just tell us and we will move on from trying to rip our BD discs. You are certainly right that HD DVD is much more consumer friendly and I always purchase HD DVD when there is an option. But I think everyone knows that Blu Ray is not going away, and people are not going to boycott blu ray discs. A very small percentage of us like to play these movies from our PC's (I personally like to play them through my Tvix media streamer), therefore our small boycott would not work. Sony is here to stay, Fox is here to stay, Disney is here to stay and sorry to say all the crap that goes with them.

I certainly don't want to offend Slysoft, you guys have worked miracles for all of us; however, what I am sensing is that Slysoft doesn't want to or can't break BD+.
You're sensing wrong.
EDIT: Although I dislike Blu-ray as movie playback format - mostly for "political reasons", this doesn't mean we won't break it. :)

Last edited:

a) Cyberlink has no reason to put up a fight with you - you are their customer, they want you to trust them in the future. Their reputation is at stake. And they don't really care if you crack AACS or BD+, they do what they can to prevent their own software from being compromised, because they signed to do so (and only because of that).
Blu-Ray/BD+ on the other hand sees every customer as a potential thief and this mistrust (paranoia) leads to irrational measures taken.

b) at some point in near future, there will be alternatives to PowerDVD, the customer would then walk away from Cyberlink if they'd do stuff, the customer doesn't like.

And also you're gonna be taking a risk anew with each and every new BD you buy. While PowerDVD will remain the same (except for AACS updates that we all have to thank the AACS LA for).

So you have a lot of reason to trust that Cyberlink treats you with respect while the Blu-Ray consortium couldn't care less.
Another point: You install PowerDVD (or whatever application) on your PC, so you are aware that there is a program on the PC you allow to run.
You insert a Blu-ray disc with BD+ executing native code which is run without your consent. This is a whole different story. Does the term "trojan horse" ring a bell?
Everyone can do whatever she/he wants, but again, don't say we didn't warn you.

I just don't want to argue with you peer or something like that because I have very much respect from you or james but actually cyberlink started a fight with me today. I asked for the new patch and got the link today downloaded it and installed it. I know you are german peer so perhaps you know the anti virus software Antivir from avira I don't know perhaps it is also more known here in the forum. It is updated every day and and has good ruputation. I check my pc with after I installed the patch and it found a trojan. Perhaps it is false warning but this made a little bit confused....
If you want more information say it than i reconstruct it and can say the name of the trojan and file where it is in.

And Powerdvd was an examlpe form me the most im am scared of is that microsoft does anything what they shouldn't do.

Last edited:
I see. I also support Blu ray and HDDVD and I have more movies on HDDVD. Because I am a professional Photograph I use BD discs to make backups of my picutres. It has advantateges in more space. Don't say HDDVD has 51GB there never will be a burner for triple layer HDDVDs.
Don't get me wrong, Blu-ray was designed from the start as a recordable format for HDTV on Japan, so it is definitely better suited for recording data. HD DVD in its current state doesn't even come close.
I was referring to Blu-ray as a movie playback format.

You have a point. But this is not the right approach. You will buy (this means *pay*) for this crap as soon as we are able to remove BD+?
How will this teach the Blu-ray folks a lesson? The right thing(tm) is not to buy Blu-ray discs at all.
That is very true. Actually, I won't be buying anything with BD+ on it - ever. I'm counting on SlySoft or someone else to provide the community with means of ripping BD+ protected discs and sharing the decrypted data on the 'net. Yes, I know it's wrong, but so is BD+.

Back