• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Feature Request] Add audio language to naming template

nochzunennen

Since you can only download the stream in one audio language, it would be helpful if the name of the file also contained the selected language.

Thanks

Surely it's easy enough to rename the file and append EN, FR or whatever.

I always rename my Film downloads to include the year of release eg Film name (2020).

I would like to politely inquire about the status of my request.

Of course, it is not a request for renaming the file, but it is explicitly about the name with which the file is created.
Currently you get a warning of a duplicate download, although you have chosen a different language.

Thanx

This is probably not going to happen, because multiple audio languages are probably going to be added at some point. And then we're sitting with a variable for the audio language that can't be filled in a reasonable sense anymore, but people have it in their settings.

Thank you for the feedback.
Multiple languages are also my preferred solution and I would stop using the variable.
However, you could then ignore the variable. But I understand that it might confuse some users.

+1

Bonjour, je ne sais pas si le multi-lingue va arriver bientôt. mais en attendant, une variable langue serrait bien pratique !
En particulier pour les séries maintenant qu'il y a le batch d'implémenté, il faut retélécharger la saison et d'abord changer le nom exporté ou renommer les fichier précédent..
ça serait vraiment pratique !

Yes this option will be great. I'm exactly in the same case. I have to rename manually before download in another language.

I was looking for this. I now download one language, rename the file after that (otherwise AS will overwrite the file) and re-download it again but then with a different language. After that I use mkvtoolnix to add the audio from one to the other file. It would be great if we could download multiple languages at the same time. It would save a lot of time ;)

I was looking for this. I now download one language, rename the file after that (otherwise AS will overwrite the file) and re-download it again but then with a different language. After that I use mkvtoolnix to add the audio from one to the other file. It would be great if we could download multiple languages at the same time. It would save a lot of time ;)
Same process for me for multiple language audio and subtitle streams.
I didn't have much hope simultaneous multiple languages would be considered as a future feature... but now sounds a little promising.
Thanks RedFox!

This is probably not going to happen, because multiple audio languages are probably going to be added at some point. And then we're sitting with a variable for the audio language that can't be filled in a reasonable sense anymore, but people have it in their settings.
Pete,

I support this. There are people who want e.g. German and English in their dowloaded files as an option. Right now they have to download these files twice and combine the languages in TSMuxer.

Hello, +1 on that, could be a quick win waiting the big feature "audio multi support"
thanks a lot !

Suggestion : I know the devs have a lot of works and this is not a priority but another fast solution can be just to add a third button to "rename" or "autorename" the new download file when you want to download again the same file, a dialog box ask us to overwrite or not, if we have "(auto)rename" button it will be faster to download without rename each old file manually each time. And with this you don't change all the settings menu.
It will work for redownload for other languages and also for those that sometimes download the show in another resolution.

This autorename can add the resolution and the language at the end of the file name for example.

Hum in term of dev... Just adding a %a for audio selection in name is quite nothing..

It's because I don't know what information have the software when we click on "save" if it's too complicated to search the language code to put in the name maybe just a "(2)" at the end it's enough. In the other case yes you're right it's also fast to add it in the naming template.

But when you select a language in download AS know what language it has to download so what value to put in name if add %a
this solution in term of dev is really quick
regarding the time consume to change it (in param) every time we have to re download in another language
comparing, the feature multi audio download is really bigger
so a quick win for everyone is to add a %a tag in naming feature

another fast solution can be just to add a third button to "rename"

I wish the ability to rename before download would be available for another reason that's similar...

I often download the AVC and the HEVC versions of a movie to compare them on my set-up.

But as it is now, without renaming whichever I download first, one overwrites the other.

... and also for a reason not so similar.

I was trying to download Borat before it left Amazon Prime end of last month.

However, AS kept giving me an error that it couldn't create the output file.

I looked and it wanted to name the file "Borat - Cultural Learnings of America For Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan". :confused:

In a folder of the same name (because that's how I have AS configured). :confused::confused:

Windows was apparently truncating the file name on creation -- and that caused the AS error.

Personally, I would have been happy to just call it Borat - LOL.

But since there is no way to rename beforehand, I was not able to capture the movie with AS at all since it would error out every time.

(It's still there on Prime but you have to pay extra now.)

Anyway, yeah being able to modify the AS file name before download if needed would be useful in a number of circumstances!

Not sure how that would work with a Series download though.

Maybe only have that option for single downloads to start off??...

T

Last edited:
Uhm, I was able to download "Borat: VHS Cassette of Material Deemed “Sub-acceptable” By Kazakhstan Ministry of Censorship and Circumcision" which is an even longer name, just fine.
The filename is truncated though:
"Borat- VHS Cassette of Material Deemed “Sub-acceptable” By Kazakhstan Ministr... - S01E01 - 101_.mp4"

Must have been one if the fixes in recent versions...

Back