• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping with AnyDVD.

zebadee

Hi :)
Do folk feel that AnyDVD is a better tool to use than CloneDVD2. When ripping to the HD. I am referring to just bog standard ripping of DVDs.
For a long time AnyDVD ripper was seen as something to try if CloneDVD2 was having trouble.
So basically I am asking has this changed at all?

Hi :)
Do folk feel that AnyDVD is a better tool to use than CloneDVD2. When ripping to the HD. I am referring to just bog standard ripping of DVDs.
For a long time AnyDVD ripper was seen as something to try if CloneDVD2 was having trouble.
So basically I am asking has this changed at all?

Clonedvd rips faster (and of course, you can remove unwanted titlesets before ripping with Clonedvd).

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=49454&postcount=13
and
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=49607&postcount=18

Last edited:
The AnyDVD ripper is only good if you don't own CloneDVD so you can still have a ripper.

Clonedvd rips faster (and of course, you can remove unwanted titlesets before ripping with Clonedvd).

Indeed.

Decrypting = AnyDVD
Ripping selective titlesets = CloneDVD
Further removals = VobBlanker
DVD-9 to DVD-5 = DVD-RB Pro with CCE

The AnyDVD ripper is great for those who wish to use DVD Shrink, on some tough titles. That should be a thing of the past sometime soon, hopefully.

CloneDVD2 or DNC Pro here as they both are just as powerful as the other on ripping for me.

I do all of my preprocessing with CloneDVD set to DVD DL mode. Then I use Recode to compress. But as far as ripping goes, yea, CloneDVD indeed. The AnyDVD Ripper uses a subset of the CloneDVD code, so, if you own both, you should absolutely be using CloneDVD and not the Ripper.

Back