• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ASUS BW-16D1HT burning questions.

I can understand your annoyance about the compatibility with BD XL.
The meaning behind it is probably as follows: They don't want you to make playable copies ( At least uncompressed UHD copy)
The same thing happened with Sony in the DVD era. Their players could not play a burned DVD. Current Sony players such as the UBP X700, on the other hand are able to play all common formats. Unfortunately this device fails with BD XL.
Apart from the old Oppo, I am not aware of any device that is capable of doing this. :(:(

i do not think they do that on purpose to prevent us to play copies. if the purpose was so, they would prevent us to play even BD-R dual layer discs, or even single one discs. each standalone player can indentify burned discs as each manufacturers of BD media put a code on them. on many countries there is laws that authorize copies.

i think the purpose is more economical or physical, maybe the ub900 has a more efficient lazer to penetrate more layers with different sizes that all. they simply want to do more benefits with putting only good quality lazers, not excellent ones ! the price does not matter for me, but they want to screw us, by putting new models that are expensive and worse than the formers one. it makes me mad :p

if oneday you are aware of new 2021 model that can read bd-xl disc, i will be glad of your help in this thread.

maybe the new Playstastion 5 can read bd-xl discs ? who knows ?

i do not think they do that on purpose to prevent us to play copies. if the purpose was so, they would prevent us to play even BD-R dual layer discs, or even single one discs. each standalone player can indentify burned discs as each manufacturers of BD media put a code on them. on many countries there is laws that authorize copies.

i think the purpose is more economical or physical, maybe the ub900 has a more efficient lazer to penetrate more layers with different sizes that all. they simply want to do more benefits with putting only good quality lazers, not excellent ones ! the price does not matter for me, but they want to screw us, by putting new models that are expensive and worse than the formers one. it makes me mad :p

if oneday you are aware of new 2021 model that can read bd-xl disc, i will be glad of your help in this thread.

maybe the new Playstastion 5 can read bd-xl discs ? who knows ?
Maybe you should change strategies. Me for instance do full size backups on hard disk and play them with an Oppo clone media player. The cost of storage is also way lower than these expensive XL optical discs. Search for Oppo clone M9702 etc. if you are interested.

Good point @coopervid (y)
In spite of his idea in burning this could be an option. At the end it's @th3dud3 decission.

good point :) in fact i like physical media like the japanese do. i like the fact to put something inside a standalone player.

i do not like streaming or this kind of things. old school is always better. that is why i bought anydvd hd, in order to do physical backups to keep my stuff safe and clean

i prefer doing backup and scratch my BD-R copies, you know children they scratch everything
that scratching the original disc :) BD-XL are not expensive in japan .

buy the ways i know there is raspeberry pi4 with libreelec kodi can read ultra hd iso files, but the big issue is that the software cannot play java well, so the 4k bluray menus do not show up.

both ways physical or virtual perfect copies, have always something wrong that keeps you very frustrated folks :p

Got your point. kufo also wants to stay with discs. But you are on the wrong track with raspi. The perfect players are these Oppo clones. I suggest you do some research.

good point :) in fact i like physical media like the japanese do. i like the fact to put something inside a standalone player.
As coopervid said: I'm not the for streaming. I also like it to Insert a disc in my player (y) In opposite to you here are no kids that can disturb my discs. I also though about burning BD XL a few years ago. This idea went away with my first shrinked UHD copy fitting on BD 50. Only left out some useless language files and I was near by 46,6 GB. Compression was lower 5% to the original. I homestly saw no difference to the original here.
If you are intrested in the Oppo clone you can find a lot here by research about this.

As coopervid said: I'm not the for streaming. I also like it to Insert a disc in my player (y) In opposite to you here are no kids that can disturb my discs. I also though about burning BD XL a few years ago. This idea went away with my first shrinked UHD copy fitting on BD 50. Only left out some useless language files and I was near by 46,6 GB. Compression was lower 5% to the original. I homestly saw no difference to the original here.
If you are intrested in the Oppo clone you can find a lot here by research about this.

i have not found any oppo clone bluray 4k standalone players nor on ebay or internet.

For this you should ask coopervid. I'm not familar with the Oppo Clone. Links to the german forum section wouldn't help you I bet.

Back