• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia question (sorry)

2-perf

Hi,

This has been on my todo for too long.
There's something I still don't understand about Cinavia even though I've read the "Audio suddenly muted (Cinavia)" part of the "Please READ THIS before you post!" thread a few times.

I'm not a native English speaking person so it might just be down to that.

I watch movies on my PC, I have a valid AnyDVD HD license and use MPC-HC as a player. I rip my movies to iso then mount them using Virtual CloneDrive and play them with MPC-HC. Recently, for the first time in over 500 iso I made, I stumbled upon a disc where the audio suddenly mute. I tried ripping it both with and without copy protection: the “with copy protection” with ImgBurn and the “without copy protection” with AnyDVD HD (Keep Protection unchecked). Mounting both iso with Virtual CloneDrive then playing them with and without AnyDVD HD active results in the audio suddenly muting or a blank MPC-HC playback.

I attached the log I made using AnyDVD HD. Please note that this is a log of the protected iso I made using ImgBurn.
Could someone help me understand what I might be missing.
Thank you,

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.7.0_Info_G_DEMONS V2.ziplog
    31.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
MPC-HC is not a licensed BD player, it doesn't care about the cinavia problem. When the audio cuts out, do you get an on-screen message?

It should say something like 'Cinavia Message code 3: Audio outputs temporarily muted...'

If you don't get such a message (the actual code number could be different), then it's not a cinavia problem. Nor can imgburn or anydvd remove it by themselves. Cinavia is a signal in the audio track of a video file. Removing that requires video processing of some kind, neither anydvd nor Imgburn can do that.

Anydvd can tap into CloneBD's video processing however to apply a removal method to the audio, but it's CloneBD that does the actual processing. It doesn't know anydvd is tapping into the encoding process.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hi Ch3vr0n, Thanks for your input!

When the audio cuts out, I don't get an on-screen message.

The title is Demons (Lamberto Bava, 1985) by the way, released by Arrow Video on February 2021.

This title uses seamless branching. The audio actually mute when I get to the 00007.m2ts (at 00:40:27 in the movie). Trying to playback the 00007.m2ts file by itself results in audio muting too. The audio doesn't mute when I watch it on my Sony standalone player.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DEMONS V2_BDInfo.png
    DEMONS V2_BDInfo.png
    295 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hi Ch3vr0n, Thanks for your input!

When the audio cuts out, I don't get an on-screen message.

The title is Demons (Lamberto Bava, 1985) by the way, released by Arrow Video on February 2021.

This title uses seamless branching. The audio actually mute when I get to the 00007.m2ts (at 00:40:27 in the movie). Trying to playback the 00007.m2ts file by itself results in audio muting too. The audio doesn't mute when I watch it on my Sony standalone player.

Any idea?

Thanks!
This could be a bug in your player software. You could try a licensed player like PowerDVD to check, if it has the same problem.

Thanks for your answer James, I will.

Should I try with the protected iso? With Any DVD HD active or inactive?

Thank you!

Thanks for your answer James, I will.

Should I try with the protected iso? With Any DVD HD active or inactive?

Thank you!
You could try the protected iso with PowerDVD, and AnyDVD active, and report back here what happens.

EDIT: You can also try to have SpeedMenu enabled and see if that works as well.

I tried the protected iso with PowerDVD and AnyDVD active and there's no audio muting.

Further information regarding the 00007.m2ts which is the one where the audio is muting :

- The audio muting occurs on 7 audio tracks out of 8. Only the DTS-HD MA 48000 Hz Mono track is unaffected. (please look at attached screenshot).

- Audio muting also occurs in VLC when doing a playback of the 00007.m2ts. (except for the Mono one that is unaffected by the muting.)

- Demuxing audio tracks with TSMuxer results in muted tracks. (except for the Mono one that is unaffected by the muting.)

I don't know much about that as opposed to you guys but to me it's seems like some kind of protection. No?

Thank you very much for your time!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-22 14.15.26.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-22 14.15.26.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I tried the protected iso with PowerDVD and AnyDVD active and there's no audio muting.

Further information regarding the 00007.m2ts which is the one where the audio is muting :

- The audio muting occurs on 7 audio tracks out of 8. Only the DTS-HD MA 48000 Hz Mono track is unaffected. (please look at attached screenshot).

- Audio muting also occurs in VLC when doing a playback of the 00007.m2ts.

- Demuxing audio tracks with TSMuxer results in muted tracks (except for the Mono one that is unaffected by the muting.)

I don't know much about that as opposed to you guys but to me it's seems like some kind of protection. No?

Thank you very much for your time!
You could use CloneBD to create a single file like .mkv to playback in "unofficial" software.

Thanks James, I'm taking notes of that but still would be interested in understanding what the issue is with this release.

Did you try to remux it with CloneBD, and did you have the audio problem with the converted file? If not then probably nothing is wrong with the release, but the Blu-ray libraries used by open source software have a problem handling it.
Best to report this issue to the VLC/libbluray project, or to the developer of LAV Filters that are used in MPC-HC.

CloneBD only offers the English mono track, that same and only track, out of 8, that MPC-HC can read in its entirety.

Please have a look at attached screenshots, one from CloneBD and a BDInfo one of the disc.

Attachments

• CloneBD.png
    CloneBD.png
    408 KB · Views: 21
  • BDInfo.png
    BDInfo.png
    298.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hi, el Filou, thanks for your input!

The 200 and 201 playlist are a different cut of the movie. This Blu-ray actually has 2 cuts of the movie : the full-length original cut in Italian and English, and the slightly trimmed US cut, featuring alternate dubbing and sound effects.

Playlist 200 : slightly trimmed US cut with English Credits
Playlist 201 : slightly trimmed US cut with Italian Credits
Playlist 202 : full-length original cut

Hi, el Filou, thanks for your input!

The 200 and 201 playlist are a different cut of the movie. This Blu-ray actually has 2 cuts of the movie : the full-length original cut in Italian and English, and the slightly trimmed US cut, featuring alternate dubbing and sound effects.

Playlist 200 : slightly trimmed US cut with English Credits
Playlist 201 : slightly trimmed US cut with Italian Credits
Playlist 202 : full-length original cut
The question is if 200 and 201 include the better audio tracks. Please check.

The better? I attached both screenshots.

Attachments

• 200.png
    200.png
    214.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 201.png
    201.png
    215.2 KB · Views: 5
You need to make a check in the checkbox for the play lists to show the associated audio streams. These two screan shots don't help.

Screenshots with the checkbox checked.

Attachments

• 200.png
    200.png
    214.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 201.png
    201.png
    215.4 KB · Views: 5
CloneBD screenshots.

Attachments

• CBD_200.png
    CBD_200.png