• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

saw 3 unrated won't backup

sabie

has anyone had any luck backing up this one yet i am using clonedvd2 or nero --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used anydvd plus clonedvd2 and made a flawless backup. What is the error(s) you're getting with clonedvd2?

Saw3

I was successful backing up saw3 by selecting the movie only using anydvd and clonedvd2

Last edited:
Saw 3 is old news

As its been almost a week since this troublesome dvd was released, we should all by now know that the latest anydvd update,along with Clonedvd will have no problem. Forget the stange combo of all the different programs that people have mentioned. Stick with the 2 still best progs from Slysoft for backing up all your original dvds.

Saw3

I corrected an error on my post,I mistakenly wrote dvdclone instead of clonedvd by slysoft.

same problem saw3

Hey, I am having the same trouble backing up Saw3,which is the latest update you are talking about 6.1.1.3? will help?or 6.1.0.7..I`m confused,I thought i was current with the updates and left town for a week and now can`t back up Saw 3... any help will be appreciated.

Saw 3 should work with clonedvd 2.9.0.3 and anydvd 6.1.1.3, which came out yesterday.

Saw III

I'm having the same problem, I can't back up the move. When I go to DVD shink, it gives me an error message and stops. This is the first movie that I've had problems with. I have the latest version of ANYDVD.

I'm having the same problem, I can't back up the move. When I go to DVD shink, it gives me an error message and stops. This is the first movie that I've had problems with. I have the latest version of ANYDVD.

Download clonedvd. It has a 21- day trial.

to make a backup of saw III
look for the forum backing up the prestige and follow those instructions.

saw 3 copy protection

I understand the studios copy protecting their movies, but this one had such thorny copy protection that even my dvd player wouldn't play it. It also wouldn't play on my computer with AnyDvd 6.1.0.7 active (and therefore, I'm sure, wouldn't copy, either). I mean, come on! Anyone know exactly what the copy protection scheme is?

I understand the studios copy protecting their movies, but this one had such thorny copy protection that even my dvd player wouldn't play it. It also wouldn't play on my computer with AnyDvd 6.1.0.7 active (and therefore, I'm sure, wouldn't copy, either). I mean, come on! Anyone know exactly what the copy protection scheme is?

It is SONY arccos protection, i think.

Saw 3

Guess I am behind the times reading on these forums, I have the latest versions of AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 and CloneDVD2 and was unable to copy Saw 3 , till I just copied the movie title . It wouldn't clone the movie and kept giving me a "CRC Video_TS_VTS_07_1.VOB read error". This was my only work around for the problem.

I knew this post was inevitable! The studios (read SONY) have now gone so far in the direction of copy protection that some stand alone DVD players can't even PLAY thier ----ing movies anymore. Yep - thier protected alright! :D

In the short run, this will turn even more "honest" people onto DVD copy software - you now have to make an unprotected copy of your DVD just to play it! Not only that... but it bodes ill-will for Sony and thier new Blu-Ray standard. I sincerely hope that HD-DVD beats out Blu-Ray, just to teach Sony the same old lesson again.

Thanks to my home theater setup, I *have* to be able to rip a DVD to the hard drive just to play it.... and Sony is really starting to piss me off.

As for "what it is" - im speculating (just GUESSING) that it's got to do with an overwheming AMOUNT of protections, errors, bogus titles etc etc.

To channel Samual L. Jackson:
I've had it with these mother----ing protections on this mother----ing disk!!

-W

Last edited:
Guess I am behind the times reading on these forums, I have the latest versions of AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 and CloneDVD2 and was unable to copy Saw 3 , till I just copied the movie title . It wouldn't clone the movie and kept giving me a "CRC Video_TS_VTS_07_1.VOB read error". This was my only work around for the problem.

You had a bad original disc that needs to be exchanged or cleaned.

???

I keep reading the different threads on Saw 3 and keep seeing people say that if you have clonedvd2 and the latest AnyDVD (1.4) that it will work. I have both of these and have tried 3 times and it has not worked. It says does it successfuly, but then when I stick the DVD in a player, it just freezes up the player and I have to power it down and back up again just to get the DVD out.
This has happened in both my standalone player and my Laptop.

Is there anything else one needs to do to get this to backup other than having CloneDVD2 and the latest AnyDVD???

thanks!

Back