• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unforgotten Season 4 to big to fit on DVD

Dave45

DVD: Unforgotten Season 04 Disc 1

Using AnyDVD 8.5.7.0 and CloneDVD2936

Reading a standard DVD Disc, at Disc Size DVD+/-R DL quality reported as 62% before
ripping

Changed To Custom Size 15,500 MB

Completed File Size was 11.3 GB (12,158,816,256 bytes)

DVD: Unforgotten Season 04 Disc 2

Reading a standard DVD Disc, at Disc Size DVD+/-R DL quality reported as 45% before
ripping

Completed File Size was 14.0 GB (15,070,099,456 bytes)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.7.0_Info_D_Unforgotten S4 Disc 1.ziplog
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.5.7.0_Info_D_Unforgotten S4 Disc 2.ziplog
    766.1 KB · Views: 3
AnyDVD reports 8144MB = 8.1GB per your discs according to your logs. You should not change to custom size in CloneDVD but set to DVD -DL which is roughly 9.4 GB and therefore sufficient to hold each disc content.

Moved to CloneDVD.

Last edited:
DVD: Unforgotten Season 04 Disc 1

Reading a standard DVD Disc, at Disc Size DVD+/-R DL quality reported as 62% before
ripping

Completed File Size was 11.3 GB (12,158,816,256 bytes)

DVD: Unforgotten Season 04 Disc 2

Reading a standard DVD Disc, at Disc Size DVD+/-R DL quality reported as 45% before
ripping

Completed File Size was 14.0 GB (15,070,099,456 bytes)
I suggest you create an .iso with AnyDVD and burn it with CloneDVD using the function "write existing data".

Another method, if you don't care for menus, is to deselect "keep menus" in CloneDVD, select the desired episodes (leaving out duplicates), write to disc. You could use two single layer discs, too.

I don't want to create an ISO image and burn to a DVD, I just want to keep it on my Hard drive. I also want to maintain the Menus, and not have
the files compressed by the Transcoder in CloneDVD.

I don't want to create an ISO image and burn to a DVD, I just want to keep it on my Hard drive. I also want to maintain the Menus, and not have
the files compressed by the Transcoder in CloneDVD.
Well, in this case create an iso image and do not burn it on DVD. If you need file access, Virtual CloneDrive will do this in seconds.
If you don't mind the required hardisk space, you can use CloneDVD to create files and manually set a custom size, like you did before.

I created an ISO image and I can play it from that on my PC, but I can not play it on my Western Digital TV device.
I can use CloneDVD on the ISO image but it will either give me the large file sizes or I have to Trancode it and loose image quality.
Isn't there any way to copy it and have Menus without loosing image quality or having an oversize group of files??

I created an ISO image and I can play it from that on my PC, but I can not play it on my Western Digital TV device.
Again: Mount the iso with e.g. Virtual CloneDrive. Share the drive with the WD.
EDIT: E.g. by mounting it as a folder on your "movies" drives.

I can use CloneDVD on the ISO image but it will either give me the large file sizes or I have to Trancode it and loose image quality.
Isn't there any way to copy it and have Menus without loosing image quality or having an oversize group of files??
No, there is not. I would have told you.
The reason is, that Sony DADC's copy protection puts the same episode in multiple title sets (files). The sector location on the disc is identical. If you copy the files to harddisk, the size suddenly doubles. To prevent AnyDVD from beeing clever, different title sets of the same title are accesible via the menu. e.g. "play episode" will play the episode from titleset x, "play all episodes" from titleset y. Just an example.
AnyDVD usually can remaster a disc, that only a single titleset is used. This works quite well for movies. It doesn't work well for series, because of multiple "movies" (episodes) on a single disc.

Thank you for all of the assistance. I had already figured out the title set problem. Are there any third party IFO file editors that will allow someone to point menu selections to one title set only?

Back