• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to burn the disc properly?

Kunjer

Hello all,

This is my first messages on these forums. I hope someone can assist me.

I've used the software to make copies of my Blu-ray and 4k collection.

I burned a movie that's 20-25GB (East is East) on a triple layer disc, but when I inserted it in to my Blu-ray drive (Sony UBP-X800M2), it wouldn't even read the disc?

Is it because I didn't burn it properly (just burnt the ISO file as is) or I should've burn it on a single layer disc? I'm assuming my Blu-ray drive (Sony UBP-X800M2) can play triple layer discs because it can play The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings - each disc is close to 100GB.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:
At first I can tell you : The bigger your blank the bigger are the problems in playback. For best results you should use a Pioneer drive for burning. Burn as slow as possible with the blank. Use only media that are linked here: https://forum.redfox.bz/forums/cd-dvd-bd-blanks.26/
Look for this in the section BLANKS. If you want to make playable backups you should read about blanks and drives. Your Sony 800 will be fine for playback if the disc is burned as recommended.
@coopervid and me did really a lot of testing with this.
I would suggest to shrink your films with CloneBD to max 46,6 GB - So it will fit on a BD DL.

At first I can tell you : The bigger your blank the bigger are the problems in playback. For best results you should use a Pioneer drive for burning. Burn as slow as possible with the blank. Use only media that are linked here: https://forum.redfox.bz/forums/cd-dvd-bd-blanks.26/
Look for this in the section BLANKS. If you want to make playable backups you should read about blanks and drives. Your Sony 800 will be fine for playback if the disc is burned as recommended.
@coopervid and me did really a lot of testing with this.
I would suggest to shrink your films with CloneBD to max 46,6 GB - So it will fit on a BD DL.

Hello Kufo,

Thank for your response and kindly bear with me.

I use Asus BW-16D1HT to burn ISOs to disc. Is this drive acceptable based on your research?

I've browsed the thread you recommended, but I can't find the recommended programs to burn?

Ah sorry for this :whistle: I should have been more specifiic. I would suggest to use Imgburn because it is freeware. I'm using it for about 12 years now.
The important point is the layer break of the disc. Burning issues mostly happen here. This can be be a slight stuttering while playback up to stop play there. @coopervid did many test to analyse this and posted graphics of the whole disc content. You can clearly see a rising up of errors in the layer break.
Asus is good for reading and Pioneer is the drive for writing.
I will look for the information when I'm at home again and link them here.

@Kunjer

I´m talkink about burning BD-DL 50 GB with a Pioneer 206/209 burner.

My problem was a stuttering during playback in the middle of the film caused by high burn speed. Since I reduced to 2x everything was fine. Normal BD 50 burned 6x played fine for me. I tested several brands but for UHD backup I really recomand this:

716zdf-arol-_ac_aa180_-jpg.55596
https://www.amazon.de/Verbatim-Doub...629736747&sprefix=verbatim+bd,aps,170&sr=8-20

Several spindels whithout fails. Current media code is:MEI-T02-001. Makwe sure they look the same as shown. Otherwise it may be that you buy Verbatim, but with a different media code.

See the diffrent blank brands with speed/burner in comparison here on page 9+10: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/bd-50gb.80418/page-9
There is nothing more annoying than when a film gets stuck in the middle.Do you agree?
I think this combination of burner, blank disc and burn speed is optimal and the results from @coopervid prove me right.
Better to say goodbye to the thought of burning to BD100 or larger - you will be out of luck with it. There are some users here in the forum who say that they can play the burned BD XL on their player, but I haven't seen any facts about it yet.

As @coopervid said: BD-50 is cheaper anyway.

MEI-T02-001 is likely fake verbatim, havent used BD-DL in ages. That MID is shared by at least Panasonic and Verbatim

Verbatim stopped making BD-DL discs. The MEI media code stands for Matshita Electric the mother company of Panasonic. The discs are sold both under the Panasonic and Verbatim brand name.

Since i can't/havent used them in years, i can't/won't make a call on the burn quality/readback ability over the years. I have no personal experience with them. But i do vaguely remember them abandoning BD-DL production.

Last edited:
That´s right but the linked blanks in #8 are MEI-T02-001. I think they still have an ammount in stock there in Japan. I ordered there recently.
The spindle is becoming more expensive than 6 month ago. (~20€)

That´s right but the linked blanks in #8 are MEI-T02-001. I think they still have an ammount in stock there in Japan. I ordered there recently.
You slightly misunderstood. Verbatim will continue to sell the discs but they are now just re-branded Panasonic discs since some time. The same applies for the single layer discs sold under the Verbatim brand. These are made by CMC magnetics. Verbatim just stopped their own manufacturing.

You slightly misunderstood. Verbatim will continue to sell the discs but they are now just re-branded Panasonic discs since some time.
I heard about that but as I mentioned: They still have the good stuff in stock :D Let´s see what the the new mediacode will bring if time has come...

No. This media code is already around for some years under the Verbatim brand. No new media code expected.

No. This media code is already around for some years under the Verbatim brand. No new media code expected.
Okay, I didn't know that. It is possible that I have already received new goods. You know my throughput of blanks :p

Back