• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Incorrect Fuinction Error

LoadMasterC141

I am trying to create a personal backup of a DVD called Sporty's IFR Flight Training.

I must have the most current versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 because I just downloaded the trial versions this evening.

I did have NERO 8 Demo and DVD43 but uninstalled them. I still have ImgBurn, AoA DVDCopy, Roxio, and DVD Shrink installed though.

My computer is a DELL XPS 3.4 Dual Core, 2 gig Ram, WinXP latest greatest build, Twin 10kRPM 80 Gig Maxtors in RAID 0 config, and a burner and DVD-ROM. Names listed in ANYDvd Quotes below.

I went into CloneDVD2, Selected the D drive and next. Then I selected DVD-5, I can't use DVD+-R right?. Anyway, I hit next, selected 8X, then Next. Everything was checked so I just kept hitting next. I got the below error 4 times in a row, exactly at 18%

08ecb03c29.jpg

Here are my AnyDVD quotes:
For the disk to be burned FROM:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
TSSTCORP DVD-ROM TS-H352C DE02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1902544 sectors (3715 MBytes)
Total size: 3570032 sectors (6972 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Sporty's IFR Volume 5
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

For The Burner:
No Disc is present in Drive E:!
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B D108 05/07/14

I hope that is normal because there IS a blank SONY DVD+R V1.3 1-16X Blank Disc in there.

Try cleaning the disc and try a different drive if possible as some drives are more forgiving than others.

Unfortunately I just have the two drives. This disk is brand new though. It has never even been watched yet.

OK I put another DVD in there and it appears to be going past the magical 18 number now.

Next question....How come my DVD-RW says there is no disk in it?

Should the write section be "idle" during the whole creation process?

Should the write section be "idle" during the whole creation process?
yes.it is idle until creating dvd files reaches 100%.

have you tried anydvd to 'Rip Video DVD to Harddisk'?,the use clonedvd2 to burn them to dvd?
does that work?

RIPVIDEODVDTOHARDDISK.jpg

Last edited:
I did have NERO 8 Demo and DVD43 but uninstalled them. I still have ImgBurn, AoA DVDCopy, Roxio, and DVD Shrink installed though.

1) a) Uninstall dvd43 and ensure it's not running at the same time as Anydvd. dvd43 is completely useless if you own Anydvd

b) Ensure no packet writing software exists on your system (including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, etc.)

2) i. For XP with ide burners
Click this

Do what it says to do if you have XP and an ide burner/optical drive.

ii. For Vista with ide burners

Go into device manager, and check to ensure you're using standard Microsoft ide busmaster drivers.

Right click on your PCI IDE Bus Master controller, and remove it. Ensure that it also removes the driver for your DVD/CD rom. Reboot. Your system should find hardware. After your system is finished installing hardware, reboot again.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=48880&postcount=20 to get a better idea of what I'm asking for if you're using Vista.

3. a) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

b) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post (ctrl-v).

4) Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

5) The original disc has no protection at all on it. That means any program can handle that disc.

Last edited:
LoadMasterC141 said:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
TSSTCORP DVD-ROM TS-H352C DE02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

@ LoadMasterC141,

You do not have a Region set for your DVD device. For the AnyDVD software program to operate and function properly requires that the DVD device have a Region set.

For information on how to correctly set a DVD device Region suggest reviewing item #14 b ->

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091

Regards,
Coaster

Well apparently my specific burner is a piece of junk from Dell. $3700 for a top of the line system and my burner craps out. If you go to the Dell forums, you'll find it fairly common with the burner. Dell is sending me another. Thanks for all the advice, even though it was not the answer.

Back