• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Best BDR Media

Bruce Wakefield

I always considered myself to purchase the best media. I have owned CloneBD for a number of years, but decided to burn a blu ray for the first time, and I keep getting a message media incompatible.

I have a Verbatim 50 pkg or BD-R 25GB, disc. These aren't working. I do see something that concerns me and that is it say 16x speed and on 6X speed.

Is there a better media, and am I using a wrong media.

I always considered myself to purchase the best media. I have owned CloneBD for a number of years, but decided to burn a blu ray for the first time, and I keep getting a message media incompatible.

I have a Verbatim 50 pkg or BD-R 25GB, disc. These aren't working. I do see something that concerns me and that is it say 16x speed and on 6X speed.

Is there a better media, and am I using a wrong media.
Are you sure it is BD media? With the 16x and 6x, it sounds more like DVD.

Are you sure it is BD media? With the 16x and 6x, it sounds more like DVD.

Nope, i burn plenty of my BR's on 12x. Packaging says 6x, but speed descriptors (drive firmware and discs themselves) go upto at least 12x. But its hard to say without the MID if they're "real verbatims". If they were DVD's cloneBD wouldn't able to burn on them.

I have burned maybe 2 thousand movies with regulary AnyDVDHD and CloneDvd. I purchased AnyDVDhd and CloneBD when they change was
made from Slysoft. Yes the disc are legitimate Verbatim 16x speed 25GB BD-R.

Clone Bd does the copying fine, it is just when it want to do the burn. Of course I wait until AnyDvd has done it's decrypting...

I have burned maybe 2 thousand movies with regulary AnyDVDHD and CloneDvd. I purchased AnyDVDhd and CloneBD when they change was
made from Slysoft. Yes the disc are legitimate Verbatim 16x speed 25GB BD-R.

Do you have IMGBurn or DVDInfo installed? If IMGBurn, insert a blank disc, go into explore mode and copy the contents here or look for a line that said MID or DID (Media Identifier, Disc Identifier)

I don't feel I want to buy IMGBurn until I find out an outcome of CloneBD. Shame to leave Redfox, as I have been with them for over 10 years

When I went to the imgburn site, the product is not free. They want money and it is only good for 3 months. Of
course you can buy it for life, but I am not going to do that when I don't know how and if it will work for me.

From: https://imgburn.com/ (The Official ImgBurn Website, btw)

And I quote....
Oh and let's not forget the best thing about it.... it's 100% FREE ;-)

So whatever website you saw that demanded payment for ImgBurn it wasn't the Official ImgBurn Website.

Sure, the creator would like people to make donations, but paying for the software has NEVER been required.

When I went to the imgburn site, the product is not free. They want money and it is only good for 3 months. Of
course you can buy it for life, but I am not going to do that when I don't know how and if it will work for me.

What do you mean? I was able to download it in seconds, here you have the direct link:
https://download.imgburn.com/SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe
Also I cannot see any purchase button or licence stuff at all.

Edit: I used Ch3vr0ns link, so I assume you used it as well.

I cannot see any purchase button or licence stuff at all.
Look at the bottom of the ImgBurn main webpage, there is licensing information:
First and foremost, ImgBurn is a freeware tool. You cannot bundle it with your own commercial application and you cannot sell it in any way, shape or form.

As an individual, you're allowed to use it anywhere you like - be it at home or at work (assuming they don't mind of course!).

I'm not against it being rolled out in a corporate environment, just make sure the users know they are supposed to contact you with any support type issues and not me - I'm not an extension of your helpdesk!

I agree.
IMGBurn has always not only been free, but LightningUK - the developer - has created perhaps the single best burn utility I have ever seen - it is streets ahead of Poxio, Toast and all the other garbage filled rubbish.
It will set the layer break for you on DVD, it creates great Blu and you should always, ALWAYS burn at the lowest speed your burner & media combination will allow. Failure to do this will result in more coasters than needs be, because what you must always remember is that writeable discs use a vegetable dye in place of the foil layer sandwiched between the substrate layers of a pressed disc.
Burn too fast & your disc will not last - if it even loads at all.

Look at the bottom of the ImgBurn main webpage, there is licensing information:
I only looked at the top of the site and the... side of the site. Because if I want to place a purchase or buy button, it would be the top of the site.

I only looked at the top of the site and the... side of the site. Because if I want to place a purchase or buy button, it would be the top of the site.
I'm ornery and obnoxious enough that I look over an entire webpage/site before I consider making a purchase. :Þ

before I consider making a purchase
This is good and I should've done this as well before spending thousand of € to a unknown fakeshop but in this case it was only to confirm if the program is for free or not. I never used it, but I know the name.

I learnt that lesson the hard way myself, even though I had faint warning bells ringing in my head at the time of purchase.

8 years since there's been an update of ImgBurn, and the software still works flawlessly for what I need and want it to do.

The only change I could recommend is the program detect I'm on Windows 10, not Windows 8. :cool:

I learnt that lesson the hard way myself, even though I had faint warning bells ringing in my head at the time of purchase.
I was also thinking about should I do it or not. I even recieved a mail that the payment has been done (BTC of course, so no bank to inform...) At the end I realised that it was a fakeshop. I don't want to mention a number in this forum but I could've bought a new (small) car from it. Or a new gaming computer for every family member. You can imagine the moment I realised that I wasted a whole year of going to work with this... It is not only because of the money or the scam but also about the time that is gone now. A whole year and than in addition to that I could've used the money for something useful or invest it in the new currency I recently found (of course month after the scam happend). But know I not only have to wait till I worked the money back, but also I cannot do anything because I have to wait till I can invest in said currency.

Back