• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1080P or 4K on HBO Max

I’ve been reading that Plex support is working on this and Infuse in the mean time works for 4K DV files on a Plex server. I don’t have Infuse Pro though to test it personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Works perfectly on Infuse

So I tried the 4K file on my iPhone 12 Pro Max through Plex, Plex web player on my Mac, and Insignia 4K Fire TV through Plex and all have color issues. I guess 4K just isn’t in the cards for me.
Huh, I didn't notice any issues with 4k through plex on my s6 Roku TV . My s4 had a few, but I expected that , as it's a few years old

That said:
Has anyone run across a list of 4k supported titles on HBO Max? I find it's hit and miss (more miss) where 4k is available

I've posted this in a couple of other threads, but will repeat here:

If you turn on the log messages, when you start to DL the movie, if you see the message

"[Debug] [Mux:hbomax] Setting original format hvc1"

then you may be able to watch the movie (I can watch them with VLC or KODI), in HDR on my 4K tv, and on PC's and 1080p plasma.

If the format starts with dv, such as in "Setting original format dvh1", then it'll be in Dolby Vision and you may have problems playing the file and see that green / pink tint if you don't have the proper hardware / software setup. Since these won't work for me, I just abort the download and move on.

Here's the HM 4k/UHD movies that I've had luck getting the hvc1 format of where the resolution is better than 1080p :

Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - 2560x1440
Space Jam A New Legacy - 3200x1800
The Matrix - 3800x1200
The Matrix Reloaded - 3840x2160
The Matrix Revolutions - 3840x2160
The Suicide Squad - 3840x2160
Tom & Jerry - 3200x1800
Wonder Woman (2017) - 3200x1800
Zack Snyder's Justice League - 2400x1800

Some movies I didn't bother with for UHD: The Little Things and No Sudden Move. I can't tell you whether UHD is worth the extra space for these or not, but movies with a lot of CGI seem to be worth it.

The other UHD movies or higher resolutions than listed above that are currently on HM seem to be in Dolby Vision (dvh1).

Where did you find The Matrix movies? Also I can find Blade and Blade Trinity but can't find Blade II. I have HBO thru Amazon Prime. not thru HBO directly. If I log into the HBOMAX app directly, these movies show up still.

Last edited:
Where did you find The Matrix movies? Also I can find Blade and Blade Trinity but can't find Blade II. I have HBO thru Amazon Prime. not thru HBO directly. If I log into the HBOMAX app directly, these movies show up still.

The search function in the BETA release for HBO Max is not working (see release notes).
So at this point you only get what the APP shows.

I sit in the same boat, there are stuff I want to grab before end of August (or whenever it is being taken off), but thus far can't get to it.

I am holding thumbs that with the next beta release the search function would be fixed, but that depends on what the developers are working on.
Remember, it is BETA.

Got the Matrix movies from back when the search function for HM worked.

The search function in the BETA release for HBO Max is not working (see release notes).
So at this point you only get what the APP shows.

I sit in the same boat, there are stuff I want to grab before end of August (or whenever it is being taken off), but thus far can't get to it.

I am holding thumbs that with the next beta release the search function would be fixed, but that depends on what the developers are working on.
Remember, it is BETA.

Is it possible to downgrade your beta to one where the search still worked?

Yes, just like with any other version, install over the top. Obviously fixes or functions that are only added in newer versions will no longer be present if you revert.

Yes, just like with any other version, install over the top. Obviously fixes or functions that are only added in newer versions will no longer be present if you revert.

So what was he last version where the search worked properly?

So what was he last version where the search worked properly?
AnyStream 1.1.5.8 is the version you seek. It's not a workaround in my case though as I'm only interested in TV series content, the TV series playlist issue having just been addressed with the latest version of AnyStream. So yeah, the proper episode will download now, but none of the TV series content I'm interested is accessible to me at present. Looking forward to the return of the full search feature.

Last edited:
AnyStream 1.1.5.8 is the version you seek. It's not a workaround in my case though as I'm only interested in TV series content, the TV series playlist issue having just been addressed with the latest version of AnyStream. So yeah, the proper episode will download now, but none of the TV series content I'm interested is accessible to me at present. Looking forward to the return of the full search feature.

Thanks. Unfortunately, they don't leave up old versions, I guess. Oh well. I guess I have to wait.

Didn't realize the link didn't work, sorry. I have the 64 bit file for version 1.1.5.8 saved. I installed it but I keep getting the "Could not create target path" error.
Can you open the exe file as admin?

All 3 Matrix suddenly show up for me today on version 1.1.6.1. Still no Blade II but a couple of the Hobbit and Lord of the Ring movies show up as well now.

Back