• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Where is CLONE BD/HD?

markjdye

We need the same capabilities for Blu-ray and HD-DVD as we get with DVDs! Although I very much appreciate what you've done for backing up single layer Blu-rays, who can afford $35-40 dual layered BD-Rs? I'm sure I speak for many loyal customers when I say we need a more powerful tool to split titles, create, edit, and back-up Blu-rays and HD-DVDs. Is there any hope for the near future? Frustrated in Saint Petersburg.

Where is the price drop of the drives and discs at too? right now it's just not worth it and there is a minority that only have these players.

Yes you are right markjdye we really need this tool. Also I would like to have an option to convert a HDDVD to a Bluray or better the other way round because the HDDVD media is cheaper and James more likes HDDVD:D. If Slysoft would offer it they were the first who had that product. I can only speak for me but I think I am not the only one who would pay lets say up to 40$ for the tool.
Please Slysoft do something:bowdown::bowdown:

Remember slysoft doesn't make this product but help instead. People fail to remember this They are a re-seller or something in that realm not the author.

Good God. Apparently none of you understand the concept of HD video yet. Yea, Clone BD/HD sounds great in theory. Do you have the hardware to run it? What?? You don't understand what I mean??? Yeaaaaaaa. In order to do what you want you have to reencode the video. This currently is an *EXTREMELY* expensive process. In the order of DAYS rather than minutes or hours. If they were to release something now, you'd all complain that it wasn't fast enough and that you needed it to convert the video "as fast as CloneDVD". That, I'm afraid, is not possible. You have _3_ codecs to support now instead of _1_. In order for it to be useful, you'd have to support reencoding from one codec to another. That's just for video. There are quite a few audio codecs to deal with. Also, you'd probably want to be able to convert BD to HD DVD and vice versa. That should be easy, right? After all they use the same codecs. Yea, that's a nice theory, but, the menus are completely different. And extra features? Not a chance if they're written to use HDi or BD+J. Basically the jist of my reply here is that you need to understand what it is you're asking for before you ask for it. It's sounds great in theory to just whip out a Clone XXX program as if it's no big deal. But the reality is that it's a HUGE challenge. It's also something Slysoft is aware of and has been looking into for quite some time already. They will have something eventually. No one will be able to tell you when. We had this conversation 6 months ago and honestly, nothing's changed. If and when something is released, initially it won't be able to do most of the things I've outlined in this post. It will likely only deal with the codec that it's encoded in. Again, search the forum if you want to read more about what was said way back when. In short, we're not likely to see anything on the scale of what you're asking for from anyone for quite some time. And even if we do, you're going to need some incredibly powerful hardware to realistically use it.

I know Slysoft is a reseller of CloneDVD but is this a reason not to do the job? And you can be sure I have the Hardware I have 8GB of ram an QX6800 an 1TB of free harddrive space.And I have no problem to throw in the disc in the morning go to work an com home in the evening an then I could have my new self build HDDVD....if it takes hat long I also could wait a night. The only thing which is going on my nerves is that I can not have all the films which Ilike on one type of media. The codecs are a problem I understand.
:agree:.But I don't know what you are saying about BD+?!This has nothing to do with the program I would like to see. BD+ is in Anydvd when I have the film on the Harddrive and would like to burn it on HDDVD no BD+ or even AACS is needed

Plus you can't buy a HD-DVD Burner yet either. I refuse to buy a laptop for 3000 + dollars to get use of a burner.

By the while I don't want to have the menus or the extra featurs just the movie and yes both formats support the same three codecs so for the movie it should not be that problem.

And yes there aren't that much HDDVD burners but Blu ray burners and if you burn the the decryptet content from a ripped bluray to a blu ray blank media and put it in a PS3 everything is ok. I don't want to act like I know everything I know I don't but I want to learn why it is impossible to do it sorry if i missed a thread I were a whole year away from home and didn't have an internet connection all the time.

I know Slysoft is a reseller of CloneDVD but is this a reason not to do the job? And you can be sure I have the Hardware I have 8GB of ram an QX6800 an 1TB of free harddrive space.And I have no problem to throw in the disc in the morning go to work an com home in the evening an then I could have my new self build HDDVD....if it takes hat long I also could wait a night. The only thing which is going on my nerves is that I can not have all the films which Ilike on one type of media. The codecs are a problem I understand.
:agree:.But I don't know what you are saying about BD+?!This has nothing to do with the program I would like to see. BD+ is in Anydvd when I have the film on the Harddrive and would like to burn it on HDDVD no BD+ or even AACS is needed

I didn't say BD+. I was referring to the java enabled extras, NOT the copy protection. Any extras on HD DVD or BD will NOT be easily converted to the other's format, if at all possible. Menus, again, can't be done right now, either. These are not insurmountable challenges, to be sure, but, they require a lot of thought and coding. It's not something that can just be whipped up overnight. Which would you rather have right now...the ability to copy new movies, or the ability to remaster old ones? Cause right now I think most people would like to be able to play new movies on their non-HDCP hardware. Priorities. :) Slysoft is a company with limited resources. They can't do everything at once.

By the while I don't want to have the menus or the extra featurs just the movie and yes both formats support the same three codecs so for the movie it should not be that problem.

Maybe you don't, but, if they're going to put out a product, you can bet that someone will and will complain if the option isn't there. You really need to see this from a business *AND* support stand point rather than a "I want" stand point.

One of the reasons is the cost of the blank discs. Another reason is it takes time as compressed DVD's (SD's) compared to HD content is different. A compressed DVD is ok in quality and nothing is lost. A compressed HD content DVD there would be a loss. I don't own either drive just yet and won't till around Christmas myself and by then if there is a HD burner that's what I will get as I am in favor for HD-DVD's over the BD crap. 15 to 25 dollars for a disc heck if I wanted a backup I would just buy 2 of the movie as it is only a few dollars different. I don't know everything as well so no worries there. Webslinger or SamuriHL would be my mentors here on this ordeal and new wave of HD content so listen to them and you'll learn allot. I am sure there is others but I have known these 2 guys for some time now that's why I pointed them out.

Maybe you don't, but, if they're going to put out a product, you can bet that someone will and will complain if the option isn't there. You really need to see this from a business *AND* support stand point rather than a "I want" stand point.

Well said and yes there would be those that want it all and not just the movie only.

ok I really have to say I didn't see it from the view of the company. I now learnd something again . Ok than I have to wait and see when I can find something which would fit in the thing I want to do. Thank you guys

ok I really have to say I didn't see it from the view of the company. I now learnd something again . Ok than I have to wait and see when I can find something which would fit in the thing I want to do. Thank you guys

Give it time. There are lots of people working on many different types of solutions. But it's going to be a while before we see anything pull together in an easy to use package. For instance, people have found a method to take VC1 encoded titles and convert them to WMV-HD so they can stream it to a 360 or something like that. But that method is a LOT of manual steps. Back in the early days of DVD ripping, we were in the exact same kind of situation. There wasn't an AutoGK or CloneDVD Mobile to convert DVD's to other formats. But over time the manual processes became automated. The same thing is happening now with HD. It WILL happen, it's just going to take a while for everything to get worked out. And with 3 different video codecs, it becomes exponentially harder to deal with. But we'll get there. Have faith. :)

Sam, u truely are the master of all things. can you explain this one to me then? why is it that if a xbox 360 and vista can decode VC-1 it cant decode a EVO file which is encoded in VC-1? isnt VC-1 VC-1? or is it one of those mp4 deals where there is quicktime , zune, etc version and they just cant read that type.

Sam, u truely are the master of all things. can you explain this one to me then? why is it that if a xbox 360 and vista can decode VC-1 it cant decode a EVO file which is encoded in VC-1? isnt VC-1 VC-1? or is it one of those mp4 deals where there is quicktime , zune, etc version and they just cant read that type.

That I don't know. I haven't had much experience with trying to do that just yet. It's on my list of things to learn more about as I'd *REALLY* like to get HD streaming to the 360 to work. I'm guessing the EVO file format is something that Media Center nor the 360 (for streaming) know about. Obviously the 360 knows how to play the EVO files from an HD DVD when the HD software is being used, but, for streaming it probably just doesn't know how to deal with it. Very few players on Windows can even handle them, either. That's one of the reasons I'm hopeful that someone can create a BD/HD DVD plugin for Media Center one of these days. THAT would be sweet. I doubt that'd help streaming to the 360, but, it'd be a step in the right direction. But to answer your question, I simply don't know unfortunately.

Would you clarify what you mean by decode? The 360 only plays them as part of the HD DVD structure, whereas in Vista you can tell Powerdvd to play an evo file on it's own

Would you clarify what you mean by decode? The 360 only plays them as part of the HD DVD structure, whereas in Vista you can tell Powerdvd to play an evo file on it's own

He's trying to stream an EVO file to the 360 which won't work. Even if the contents of the EVO file are VC1 encoded. My thought is that neither Media Center nor the 360 have any idea what to do with the EVO file. The 360 can play them as part of an HD DVD using the HD player software, but, streaming media doesn't use that. That's just my guess on this.

that could be one option but have abandond the idea of streaming to the 360 for all files except music. external HDDs are easier in my mind. so now ideally i could put the EVOs on there and just play them on the 360, but nope. the only thing i can come up with is the container thing, they just dont support it yet.

Back