• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.1.5.8 - Crash with HBOmax: Stream initialization failed

tdfrgsn

I was able to log in to HBO Max but any attempt to download a title causes error messages saying "Stream initialization failed" to pop up and then the entire application crashes. I have attached the crash log.

Additionally, and this is new since 1.1.5.7, when I reopen AnyStream the provider is still set to HBO Max and the loading bar is stuck at 25% with a blank page. Clicking on the settings or any other provider causes the entire application to turn white and go into Not Responding and has to be force closed. This went away after about 5 minutes because the HBO Max account was logged back out.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.8_Dump_20210802154220.astdmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I just got stream initialization failed as well after logging in with provider for HBO Max and trying a download. I am also attaching the crash log for what went wrong. Oddly enough, upon restarting the program, when I logged back into the provider in the app, it said nothing was included with the subscription so I had to logout and back in for it to work properly.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.8_Dump_20210802155414.astdmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
got the same thing just now

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.8_Dump_20210802170201.astdmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Similar situation here.

After upgrading to v1.1.5.8 I was finally able to login to HBO Max. It seems to work but it crashes with "Stream Initialization Failed" and subsequent dump. Restarting results in being logged out.

This can be addressed with logging in again and closing AS. Then when starting AS again it auto logs. However, it will just crash again if any attempt is made to download a file.

So I downloaded and installed 1.1.5.8 and HBOMax crashes every time with the "Stream Initialization Failed"... dump attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.8_Dump_20210803034600.astdmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Same here with every title "Stream Initialization Failed". We'll have to wait for 1.1.5.9

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.8_Dump_20210803040919.astdmp
    1 MB · Views: 0
We'll have to wait for 1.1.5.9
Yes. exactly, i know you all have been very patient but I know they will be successful, I have faith in our developers, they are the best in the world. Thank you for your patience.

I was able to grab close to 15 movies before I got the error and then was able to go grab something else. Went back and tried to grab the original movie and go the error/crash again. So maybe it's only certain titles?

I was able to grab close to 15 movies before I got the error and then was able to go grab something else. Went back and tried to grab the original movie and go the error/crash again. So maybe it's only certain titles?
I was able to download 3 movies with 1.1.5.7 and then started getting this error and haven't been able to download anything even after doing a complete reinstall or after upgrading with 1.1.5.8, even the same movies I previously downloaded.

Wow, I would have doubted anyone could download 1, I have tried dozens of times, but it only worked once when I got a screen of what user is logged in.

If it helps, here are the dump files. Crash was on Hitchhikers Guide and then was able to grab Gremlins and then another crash on Constantine.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.8_Dump_20210803191943.astdmp
    1,002.8 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.1.5.8_Dump_20210803192259.astdmp
    1,019.8 KB · Views: 0
I notice that some files always generate the Stream Initialization Failed while others work fine.
For example, download works for Lethal Weapon 1,2,3 but always fails (for me) on The Hunt with the SIF.
I may be seeing the same with Space Jam-Legacy (works) and Tom & Jerry- The Movie (fails)

I notice that some files always generate the Stream Initialization Failed while others work fine.
For example, download works for Lethal Weapon 1,2,3 but always fails (for me) on The Hunt with the SIF.
I may be seeing the same with Space Jam-Legacy (works) and Tom & Jerry- The Movie (fails)
I tried "The Hunt" 5 times and it failed every time.

I cant get D+ or Amazon to even open on 1-1-5-8. Never had any problems with 7. Even with HBOM.

Son of a B, it actually worked. The first movie I have ever downloaded that worked without a crash dump.:bowdown:
I suggest it may be just another application of the Perversity Principle. This causes the bread to fall butter side down and the first door you try at an entrance to be locked, for example.
I didn't want to watch Lethal Weapon either, so it worked. I was interested in watching The Hunt, so it didn't. Likewise I didn't want to see the Lebraun Wabbit movie, so it worked. but the Tom & Jerry I had higher hopes for failed.
Try a few more you wouldn't watch.

...maybe not. Shazam failed and I would walk a long way around that.

Back