• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HBOmax: Stream initialization failed

rf4m3

I'm using AS 1.1.5.7 with AS region=Other, and NordVPN is connected to US servers.

When I tried to download from HBOmax, I got the following error message:

------------------------------------

Initialization error
Stream initialization failed. Cannot proceed with the download.

After clicking "OK", the following error message shows up:

AnyStream crash report
AnyStream encountered an exception and therefore created a file with analysis information at

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\AnyStream_1.1.5.7_Dump_20210727050746.astdmp

An Explorer Window showing the crash report will now open.

Then AS app crashed.

-------------------------------------

I have attached the dump file and the log file.

Please let me know what am I doing wrong. Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.7_Dump_20210727050746.astdmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.1.5.7.astlog
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Tried another download (TV show this time), it still errors out with "Initialization error" but AS didn't crash. Attached is the log file.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.7.astlog
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Please test before wasting everyone's time, having come from dev/test/prod your product rocks your delivery to your customers needs improvement. Just a thought. We all like improvements, but I don't like an update that isn't baked not fully tested just to get something out the door.

Improve on output of version control, I am more than willing to help

what makes you think they don't test things? They can't possibly test for every possible variance in user systems, network setup, ISP. Just because during their initial testing things work, doesn't mean things will work the same on the user-end of things.

they have fixed this issue btw, can now download from hbomax without it crashing

they have fixed this issue btw, can now download from hbomax without it crashing

Huh. Not for me. I can log in, but any download still gets an Init error and crashes. Kinda weird, since it worked for me initially.

It varies, sometimes it works, often doesn't, just depends on the actual title. I think it's sensible to wait for an update...

It varies, sometimes it works, often doesn't, just depends on the actual title. I think it's sensible to wait for an update...

I can't even download a title I've successfully downloaded previously. *shrug*

But yes, waiting is fine. I was just hoping to sneak in 1-2 movies that are expiring on the 31st, so I figured I would check :)

still not fixed propley because when u download a series it downloads the same episode every time u click a different episode

still not fixed propley because when u download a series it downloads the same episode every time u click a different episode

I mean, there hasn't been a new client release .. all that is client side. so ....

For me its two movies so far, The Matrix 4K and Justice League 4K. It is repeatable.

I've downloaded several others without any issue (4K as well as 1080p)

SImilar (same?) issue here. Dump file included in case it's illuminating.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.7_Dump_20210730162920.astdmp
    1 MB · Views: 0
Could it be depended how the digital movie was encoded? I tried some animated films like Justice League, AS did not crash and download is fine.

Could it be depended how the digital movie was encoded? I tried some animated films like Justice League, AS did not crash and download is fine.
We have had some ongoing issues with HBO Max, sorry for the inconvenience, it should be resolved in the next version coming soon ( I hope).

Back