• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Verbatim External Writer - 4k Ultra HD reading?

I have the same and no it is not UHD friendly, at least I have not seen anything else.
But please wait for a mod to confirm it.

Last edited:
Alright.
Can you please tell me a UHD Friendly Drive which i can buy in Germany?

Thank you!

Before you can use it you have to flash it. If you need help with this feel free to ask again. For me it was very simple, I simply opened the tool, selected the firmware file and let it run. The tray opened but did not not close again (the guide said it will close), so I simply did it myself after some minutes.
Only make sure to never unplug or disconnect the power supply while flashing!

If a disc is not supportet (you will see it in the AnyDVD status window) read this:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/list-of-uhds-currently-un-supported-in-anydvd.76597/

Thank you again for the quick Response. I have never flashed a Drive
I have a few Questions though.

Where can i download the Tool?
Wheren can i download the required Firmware?

I will order this Drive tomorrow

Thank you again for the quick Response. I have never flashed a Drive
I have a few Questions though.

Where can i download the Tool?
Wheren can i download the required Firmware?

I will order this Drive tomorrow
I don't remember where I got it but I can upload it for you when I'm at home.

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for. But I thought it is in the UHD section since it is about UHD friendly drives.
Well, it's in CD/DVD/BD drives for historical reasons. The old flash instructions with Dosflash were also posted here. Sure it would also make sense in the AnyDVD UHD section.

Well, it's in CD/DVD/BD drives for historical reasons. The old flash instructions with Dosflash were also posted here. Sure it would also make sense in the AnyDVD UHD section.
Only know the guide you reffered to, I think I never heard of Dosflash. Maybe when I was looking for information about UHD friendly drives but even if I could not remember anymore.

The kind of flashing tool is depending on the FW of your drive. If you purchase a beand new one the method is an othe as for an older drive. Maybe you have such one in use and did not think about taht ability to make it friendly until now.
May be there was no need until now.

Only know the guide you reffered to, I think I never heard of Dosflash. Maybe when I was looking for information about UHD friendly drives but even if I could not remember anymore.
Dosflash is dangerous and outdated. It was used in the very beginning of UHDs. The older flash tools like patched LG and ASUS flasher can't handle encrypted firmware as found in newer LG drives. The ASUS is still not encrypted and if SDFtool flasher would have issues these two patched flashers can still be used.

I also have a Sharkoon USB->SATA dapter that works very well with my spare LG to ASUS flashed drive.
The adapter fits excelent and does not wobble like ohers I have in use.

Back