• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Amazon Prime homepage remains black, no function

LaForge

Hi!
AnyStream has not worked in connection with Amazon Prime
for a month now, the start page (please wait until the page is loaded)
remains black. The program can no longer be used. The support is informed
about the error, so far without any progress. VPN and proxy are not activated.
Heelllpppp......

Best wishes
Michael

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.7.astlog
    1.2 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyStream Amazon.JPG
    AnyStream Amazon.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 22
I have never had a problem with any of the providers except for one day last week where N did exactly what you describe. The problem fixed itself. Not to sound like a typical IT guy but have you tried doing a complete uninstall, reboot, and new install of the newest version?

Hi!
AnyStream has not worked in connection with Amazon Prime
for a month now, the start page (please wait until the page is loaded)
remains black. The program can no longer be used. The support is informed
about the error, so far without any progress. VPN and proxy are not activated.
Heelllpppp......

Best wishes
Michael
That is most probably the firewall or some other program blocking the loading process. We would have had 500 people complaining about it, not just 2 if it was an AnyStream issue. A weak network connection can also cause an issue like that.

I have already tested everything, firewall OS off, firewall FritzBox off, new install of newest version etc., no change. The network is in perfect condition,
with consistently high values both via WLAN and Ethernet. Amazon Prime Video account works.
No changes were made to the computer. What is left there? AnyStream!

In the early days of AnyStream, I encountered errors when using the software in languages other than English.
Maybe it helps to switch AnyStream to english?

AnyStream -> File -> Settings -> General -> Language -> English (American English)

Never switched back to my native language :)

Thank you, but It doesn't work.

I use Anystream for trial from last week on my own 2 PCs. Main PC is Windows 7 and sub is Windows 10.
On sub PC, I can use Anystream correctly, also can download from Amazon Prime.
So using on Windows 7 might be wrong.
On Windows 7, 'qtwebengineprocess.exe' process doesn't appear when Anystream is loading. I don't know why.

At the risk of starting a landslide ... but you should definetely get rid of Windows 7, an OS that is no longer supported since January 2020.
You can't expect developers to maintain their software for such an outdates OS.
For the Win7 users where AnyStream works: be happy.
I personally would not lift a finger for something that old.

@Cartman: Not a helpful comment and absolutely offtopic.
If you are satisfied with Win 10, use it. I don't use it, Win 10 is prohibited by
my employer due to security deficiencies.
The German authority BSI also has serious concerns. The update procedure is absolutely
cruel. Some Win 10 versions have already dropped out of support.
Win 7 is listed as a system requirement by Redfox, so you should be able to assume
that it will also run with this OS.

Certain Win10 versions have lost support because they've been replaced with newer ones. Win10 is the first Windows OS that has major updates twice a year. Keeping support for old obsolete OS versions (whether it's win 10 or 8 or 7) is holding back development. Win 7 will run AnyStream, but only the 32 bit version. Why? Cause it lacks certain functionality that's only present in a 64 bit OS.

That said i'm curious which "deficiencies" you're talking about.

It's good that Win 7 is also available as a 64-bit version ... I don't think that's a reasonable objection
That ends the subject for me.

Hi LaForge, you also use anystrema on Win7 ?
Hmmm..., it seems this trouble is caused by the difference of OS itself.

It's good that Win 7 is also available as a 64-bit version ... I don't think that's a reasonable objection
That ends the subject for me.
Win 7 itself is available as 64bit yes, but perhaps I wasn't clear or miss said things. Certain functionality is missing in win 7, period. Whether it's 32 or 64 os. Unless things have changed (or I'm wrong, which is also a possibility but it doubt it) 7 only runs 32 bit AS. It used to be mentioned in the product page but that seems to have been omitted.

@Pete is this still the case?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

@Cartman: Not a helpful comment and absolutely offtopic.
If you are satisfied with Win 10, use it. I don't use it, Win 10 is prohibited by
my employer due to security deficiencies.
The German authority BSI also has serious concerns. The update procedure is absolutely
cruel. Some Win 10 versions have already dropped out of support.
Win 7 is listed as a system requirement by Redfox, so you should be able to assume
that it will also run with this OS.

W T H?
Why is it off topic when I recommend refraining from an unsupported (from it's manufacturer) OS, that is causing you trouble?

If your employer prefers Win7 over Win10 because of security reasons, I would really question the decision of working there. (That was offtopic, but I just couldn't help it)

Please point me to the BSI article, where they state the concerns you mention... I'm really curious.
My Searches result in something quite different:
w w w.bsi.bund.de/DE/Service-Navi/Presse/Alle-Meldungen-News/Meldungen/Supportende_Win-7_150719.html
w w w.bsi.bund.de/DE/Service-Navi/Presse/Pressemitteilungen/Presse2021/210503_SiSyPHuS.html

You are correct, Win7 is listed as supported by AnyStream, but IMO that should change soon, as some of the newer security mechanisms currently in use will just be no more available on Win7.

Now my 2 cents:
The update mechanism on Win10 ... from a System Administrators view I have to say, it's awesome.
Forcing users to update their system is the best thing that can happen ... but I guess not many will support me here :whistle:
And yes, there are ways to stop the automatic updates (I implemented that myself for customers) but I would never do that on my own computer.

Hi LaForge, you also use anystrema on Win7 ?
Hmmm..., it seems this trouble is caused by the difference of OS itself.

Hey karist, yes, I also use Win 7, AnyStream ran fine until four weeks ago. If RedFox is no longer willing
to support this OS, this should be clearly communicated to the customer.
So far it has been listed as a system requirement, but then it should also work ...

I'm running a dual boot. Running both Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and Windows 10. Spend 99% of my time in Windows 7. Have yet to experience a single Windows 7 specific issue with AnyStream. Any issue I've encountered could be replicated under Windows 10 as well. Your mileage may vary as the saying goes. No issues here anyway with AnyStream and AmazonPrime.

That being said, have any of your tried completely uninstalling AnyStream, then restarting your computer and reinstalling? I'd uninstall the prerequisite as well, "Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Restributable (x86) - 14.16.27033". Uninstall the prerequisite, uninstall AnyStream, delete any folders/files left behind in addition to any registry entries, restart the computer, then reinstall AnyStream. It's worth a shot anyway.

Last edited:
I'm running a dual boot. Running both Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and Windows 10. Spend 99% of my time in Windows 7. Have yet to experience a single Windows 7 specific issue with AnyStream. Any issue I've encountered could be replicated under Windows 10 as well. Your mileage may vary as the saying goes. No issues here anyway with AnyStream and AmazonPrime.

That being said, have any of your tried completely uninstalling AnyStream, then restarting your computer and reinstalling? I'd uninstall the prerequiste as well, "Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Restributable (x86) - 14.16.27033". Uninstall the prerequiste, uninstall AnyStream, delete any folders/files left behind in addition to any registry entries, restart the computer, then reinstall AnyStream. It's worth a shot anyway.

Hi Lowpro! You just know what is good. (couldn't resist) Yeah, I've tried, I've also tested a recovery point, no chance. ;-(

Hi Lowpro! You just know what is good. (couldn't resist) Yeah, I've tried, I've also tested a recovery point, no chance. ;-(
Have you tried running AnyStream as an Adminstrator? And I assume you all submitted logs to RedFox. If so, no response as of yet I take it?

Have you tried running AnyStream as an Adminstrator? And I assume you all submitted logs to RedFox. If so, no response as of yet I take it?
Hi Lowpro! Yes, it no longer works as an admin either. I have now sent four log files to support and always tested what was suggested. (VPN? Proxy? Network? Language?) Unfortunately no more reaction ... and I have a lifetime license ... ;-( Can I sell it?

Back