• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyStream Pro licensing model

Not quite right. It's like buying the new car for 30K with a lifetime warranty, and soon thereafter being asked if you would like a turbocharger installed for another 5K, and it too will have a lifetime warranty. Your original car will work just fine (just like AS), and last a lifetime. But if you want it to go real fast (like ASPro), invest a bit more cash.

No it's more like buying a car with the promise of future feature being added. But then when those features are available being told you have to pay for them instead. Even now the sales slip for the new car offers those new features, but if you happen to talk to the people at the dealership they tell you, "Yeah the sales slip says that, but it's not accurate. You will have to buy the new features."

For those of us who purchased the lifetime license which is priced at approximately 109 Euros. What will the upgrade price be for the Pro version lifetime license?

Currently (not final yet) we plan this pricing for AnyStream Pro:
1) AnyStream Pro license will cost ~50 EUR more than AnyStream basic - no matter if its a 1y, 2y, or lifetime license
2) Upgrade AnyStream to AnyStream Pro will cost ~60 EUR - no matter if its a 1y, 2y, or lifetime license
3) With official release of AnyStream Pro, "early adaptors" (purchased before Pro release) will get a special deal with a discount (~40%, so 60 EUR-40% = ~36EUR) on upgrades for a few (4?) weeks.

Last edited:
1) AnyStream Pro license will cost ~50 EUR more than AnyStream basic - no matter if its a 1y, 2y, or lifetime license
2) Upgrade AnyStream to AnyStream Pro will cost ~60 EUR - no matter if its a 1y, 2y, or lifetime license
3) With official release of AnyStream Pro, "early adaptors" (purchased before Pro release) will get a special deal with a discount (~40%, so 60 EUR-40% = ~40EUR) on upgrades for a few (4?) weeks.
Thanks Ivan that is very clear and concise thank you for the information! I look forward to the pro product and further features being added! Its a fantastic program.

3) With official release of AnyStream Pro, "early adaptors" (purchased before Pro release) will get a special deal with a discount (~40%, so 60 EUR-40% = ~40EUR) on upgrades for a few (4?) weeks.
One final clarification. What version is being sold right now in the store currently option 3 on your list of prices?

Even though I can't get HM to work, seeing that it's coming, I'm fully on board with paying for an upgrade the "Pro" version now, especially if it has 4k! That's just un-fucking-real! Hats off to the devs if they can keep that working!

Please help me understand the "upgrade" part a little better. I purchased basic AS license in January of this year, do I qualify for a 40% discount as an "early adopter"

Also, if I upgrade to Pro would I still have functionality of a basic AS (Prime, NF, D) or would I need to purchase that again separately?

Please help me understand the "upgrade" part a little better. I purchased basic AS license in January of this year, do I qualify for a 40% discount as an "early adopter"

Also, if I upgrade to Pro would I still have functionality of a basic AS (Prime, NF, D) or would I need to purchase that again separately?
You will have everything and my sincere thanks for being a part of the project.:thankyou:Yes you qualify, if you buy within the 4week promotional period.

No Lukas. Buying the full monty from the beginning should be cheaper than upgrading
I agree, assuming that there is a choice at the time of purchase.

For those of us that bought lifetime licenses months ago there was no choice and in fact we didn't even know a "Pro" version was coming. I think Lukas' point was that if we are an early adopter and upgrade once it's available, that should be tantamount to choosing the Pro version up front and in fact because some were early adopters, the price for those folks should be BETTER than even those who waited around to see what happens then bought the Pro up front.

Now, I understand there will be an "upgrade" discount for folks that were in that group which hasn't been announced yet so that may already be what happens. I only brought all this up because it seemed like perhaps there was a communication error here.

I agree, assuming that there is a choice at the time of purchase.

For those of us that bought lifetime licenses months ago there was no choice and in fact we didn't even know a "Pro" version was coming. I think Lukas' point was that if we are an early adopter and upgrade once it's available, that should be tantamount to choosing the Pro version up front and in fact because some were early adopters, the price for those folks should be BETTER than even those who waited around to see what happens then bought the Pro up front.

Now, I understand there will be an "upgrade" discount for folks that were in that group which hasn't been announced yet so that may already be what happens. I only brought all this up because it seemed like perhaps there was a communication error here.
yes. I am wondering if I qualify as well. When I went to buy lifetime in January, I couldn't use my credit card because the payment provider was rejecting cards in the US so I waited until I had the cash and my card wasn't rejected which was in mid March, after the promotion. Do I need to spend $80 more on the program or will I also get everything in my key?

yes. I am wondering if I qualify as well. When I went to buy lifetime in January, I couldn't use my credit card because the payment provider was rejecting cards in the US so I waited until I had the cash and my card wasn't rejected which was in mid-March, after the promotion. Do I need to spend $80 more on the program or will I also get everything in my key?
Yes you qualify, everyone who bought the Basic will qualify for 4 weeks from the day The Pro Version launches. You will get 40% off the upgrade prices. That will mean you only have to pay 36Euros to upgrade. After 4 weeks from launch, you will have to pay 60 Euros.

3) With official release of AnyStream Pro, "early adaptors" (purchased before Pro release) will get a special deal with a discount (~40%, so 60 EUR-40% = ~36EUR) on upgrades for a few (4?) weeks.
This is the plan.

What will the pro have compared to the anydvd stream now?

Back