• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HBO Max - Unable to login

I found directions stating if you get HBO MAX via Amazon Prime, you have to click the Sign In With A Provider button then choose Prime Video Channels to log in with your Amazon Prime credentials.
You have to do this the first time in a browser, but then you can go to Account settings and set an HBOMax password there. I have HBOMax through Prime, set a password and could sign in via Chrome (had never used Chrome for HM or AMZ before) without doing anything Amazon related. Same on the HBOMax app, signed in with the password I set instead of "Sign in with a provider"

I found directions stating if you get HBO MAX via Amazon Prime, you have to click the Sign In With A Provider button then choose Prime Video Channels to log in with your Amazon Prime credentials.

if pete adds the option to sign in using amazon that would be great to
I subscribe to HBOmax through AmazonPrime as well, but you don't have to log in to the HBOmax website using the "Sign In With A Provider" option. Well, you do initially. See below.

Using a conventional browser log in to HBOmax. Once logged in click on your profile in the upper right corner and select the "Account" option. From there you can create a password which allows for logging in with your email address and password instead. You'll no longer need to log in using the "Sign In With A Provider" option if you don't want.

So yes, when logging in to HBOmax via AnyStream I'm using my email address and password. I can log in to HBOmax that way using a conventional browser. No issues. When attempting to do so through AnyStream my login fails.

Last edited:
I subscribe to HBOmax through AmazonPrime as well, but you don't have to log in to the HBOmax website using the "Sign In With A Provider" option. Well, you do initially. See below.

Using a conventional browser log in to HBOmax. Once logged in click on your profile in the upper right corner and select the "Account" option. From there you can create a password which allows for logging in with your email address and password going forward. You'll no longer need to log in using the "Sign In With A Provider" option if you don't want.

So yes, when logging in to HBOmax via AnyStream I'm using my email address and password. I can log in to HBOmax that way using a conventional browser. No issues. When attempting to do so through AnyStream my login fails.
Same

My error that comes out, after entering the data is: FAILED IN SESSION

Using a conventional browser log in to HBOmax. Once logged in click on your profile in the upper right corner and select the "Account" option. From there you can create a password which allows for logging in with your email address and password instead. You'll no longer need to log in using the "Sign In With A Provider" option if you don't want.

Oh boy, this log in business can be so confusing sometimes.

Just so I'm not misunderstanding, can you confirm that you were able to log in yesterday with v. 1.1.5.7 using the method you described? Same question for Dannyboi.

I'm asking because if that is possible then it would save me getting a separate subscription to a standalone HBO. Like many people in this thread, I'm currently getting my HBO through prime.

Oh boy, this log in business can be so confusing sometimes.

Just so I'm not misunderstanding, can you confirm that you were able to log in yesterday with v. 1.1.5.7 using the method you described? Same question for Dannyboi.

I'm asking because if that is possible then it would save me getting a separate subscription to a standalone HBO. Like many people in this thread, I'm currently getting my HBO through prime.
yes was able to login yesterday with email and password and once today but cant login anymore today

yes was able to login yesterday with email and password and once today but cant login anymore today
That is amazing!!! It will be even more amazing once this issue is taken care of in the next release. I really thought i'd have to fork extra cash for a separate HBO.

And just so I'm correct on this, first time signing into HBO you have to go through provider, and once you're in you can get new password through account settings and use your email address and new password anytime afterwards?

You will according to what I read.
Do you mind expanding on that? I'm not sure which part you're talking about, but from what I read, several members here were successful (yesterday) logging in with AS to HBO using their Amazon credentials (after getting a new password from HBO)

what am I missing here?

Do you mind expanding on that? I'm not sure which part you're talking about, but from what I read, several members here were successful (yesterday) logging in with AS to HBO using their Amazon credentials (after getting a new password from HBO)

what am I missing here?

It'll work while it's in beta, but HBO Max and Hulu are moving to the Pro version once the Pro version is announced/released. The Pro version will cost a bit more. If you're already licensed, then there's an upgrade cost.

It'll work while it's in beta, but HBO Max and Hulu are moving to the Pro version once the Pro version is announced/released. The Pro version will cost a bit more. If you're already licensed, then there's an upgrade cost.
and nice discount for people that already own the basic version, the discount will only last a few weeks.

This is the first I'm hearing of this. Where has this information been posted? I paid for a lifetime license for AS and wasn't planning on having to pay more. I do want to the additional providers, however so I guess I'll be doing that. I'm concerned that additional providers will cost additional money. Is that the plan?

Oh, I know about the Pro version. But my point still stands true, if I pay extra and upgrade to Pro version I won't need to sign up to HBO separately and just continue running it through my prime account. I'll get new password from HBO and log in that way, assuming HBO will allow prime members to use it that way.

I'm still hoping that once the log in is fixed we'll have it in beta so I can test drive this baby. I'm curious as to how HBO downloads will compare to Prime in size. Because if it's anything like Netflix then I won't have much interest in the pro version for HBO.

Oh, I know about the Pro version. But my point still stands true, if I pay extra and upgrade to Pro version I won't need to sign up to HBO separately and just continue running it through my prime account. I'll get new password from HBO and log in that way, assuming HBO will allow prime members to use it that way.

I'm still hoping that once the log in is fixed we'll have it in beta so I can test drive this baby. I'm curious as to how HBO downloads will compare to Prime in size. Because if it's anything like Netflix then I won't have much interest in the pro version for HBO.

I was able to download Kiki's Delivery Service from HBO Max yesterday in 1080p. The file is 6.3 GB. I also downloaded two titles in 4K and both were around 15 GB.

Here's the technical info from Kiki's Delivery Service:

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4
Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 4 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 1 h 44 min
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 8 240 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 12.4 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.166
Stream size : 6.01 GiB (96%)
Encoded date : UTC 2021-07-20 23:19:52
Tagged date : UTC 2021-07-20 23:19:52
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Commercial name : Dolby Digital
Codec ID : ac-3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 384 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 287 MiB (4%)
Language : English
Service kind : Complete Main

I was able to download Kiki's Delivery Service from HBO Max yesterday in 1080p. The file is 6.3 GB. I also downloaded two titles in 4K and both were around 15 GB.

Here's the technical info from Kiki's Delivery Service:

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4
Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 4 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 8 240 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 12.4 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.166
Stream size : 6.01 GiB (96%)
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Commercial name : Dolby Digital
Codec ID : ac-3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 384 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 287 MiB (4%)
Language : English
Service kind : Complete Main
Thanks tdfrgsn, I hope to get a chance to download a few titles myself before HBO moves to Pro version but I like the sound of these numbers so far

what am I missing here?
My assumption is that AnyStream requires you log in to HBOmax with your HBOmax credentials as it doesn't offer a "Sign In With Provider" option. As such, if you subscribe to HBOmax through AmazonPrime you'll need to do as I suggested in my prior post. Log in to the HBOmax website outside of AnyStream. Log in using the "Sign In With Provider" option entering your Amazon credentials. Once logged in access your profile and the "Account" option giving yourself a HBOmax password. This allows for logging in to HBOmax using your Amazon email address and HBOmax specific password. This type of HBOmax login is presumably what is required when going to log in to HBOmax via AnyStream. Again, this is my presumption since AnyStream is not offering the "Sign In With Provider" login option. And yes, even following what I've outlined here most are not able to get logged in to HBOmax via AnyStream. The issue is being investigated.

I'm curious about those who have been able to get logged in to HBOmax through AnyStream. If you are able to get logged in share with us how you subscribe. Do you have a stand-alone HBOmax account or do you subscribe to HBOmax through AmazonPrime?

I'm curious about those who have been able to get logged in to HBOmax through AnyStream. If you are able to get logged in share with us how you subscribe. Do you have a stand-alone HBOmax account or do you subscribe to HBOmax through AmazonPrime?
Through AT&T. Took quite a many tries to work, but I've been logged in since last night.

Through AT&T. Took quite a many tries to work, but I've been logged in since last night.
Nice, enjoy! I subscribed through AmazonPrime just so I could test this latest build of AnyStream. Unfortunately like many, I can't get logged in. That being said, there's a limited amount of HBOmax content available to me via AmazonPrime now of course, so I'm taking advantage of that in the interim.

Last edited:
Back