• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question update firmware DVD drive

cloudff7

Does updating my PC's internal Sata DVD drive firmware have benefits or not? does it increase error correction or not? do you get Quality Disc testing support or not? I have an ASUS DRW-24F1MT / BLK / B / AS

Does updating my PC's internal Sata DVD drive firmware have benefits or not? does it increase error correction or not? do you get Quality Disc testing support or not? I have an ASUS DRW-24F1MT / BLK / B / AS
If you are not familiar with updating the firmware you can easily brick your drive. If its working now and I would leave it alone.

update firmware does it increase error correction or not?

without saying a drive model, existing firmware revision it's impossible to lookup the changelog where that kind of info is mentioned.

ASUS DRW-24F1MT / BLK / B / AS drive and firmware is not release

If there's no newer firmware there's not much we can say. Unless I'm mistaking, error correction is handled by the drive, not the firmware.

Generally unless your crossflashing firmware from 1 model onto a different model, updating firmware is pretty safe. Manufacturer updaters usually have checks built-in to prevent you from downgrading and/or crossflashing.

In fact I updated the bios of my new laptop just days ago. It's no different. You download an exe, run it, done.

For drives it's usually download the flasher, download the updated firmware, load it in the flasher and press go.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back