• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Do you have an AMD GPU? CloneBD will work with it (mostly)

DQ

Obviously, as has been stated by myself and others CloneBD seems not fully compatible with AMD GPUs currently.

The politics of that aside, I have gone back to dinking with it again and I have found a setting combo that allows it to mostly work. It's not rocket science I just got lucky because I kept screwing with it.

So it seems that while AMD acceleration cannot be used on the decode end it CAN be used on encode. Which when you are creating a file is apparently what you are mostly doing.

So if you go into CloneBD settings and turn decode off and encode on. It seems to work just fine. I have run a few titles through it it's every bit as speedy as Handbrake.

Please see attached.

Attachments

• CloneBD AMD Settings.png
    CloneBD AMD Settings.png
    40 KB · Views: 24
  • CloneBD AMD Settings2.png
    CloneBD AMD Settings2.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 23
Interesting. Does ist also work with UHDs / H.265 instead of H.264 (Bluray)?

Interesting. Does ist also work with UHDs / H.265 instead of H.264 (Bluray)?

Well, CloneBD shows in settings encoding to 265 is software based only. Or do you mean reading from 265 and encoding to 264?

Attachments

• CloneBD AMD Settings3.png
    CloneBD AMD Settings3.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 4
No. I meant H.265 to H.265 compressed. But obviously it doesn't work with hardware support. Bummer!

Reactions: DQ
No. I meant H.265 to H.265 compressed. But obviously it doesn't work with hardware support. Bummer!

I am with you. I wish it did too. I have tried to compress UHD with Handbrake. And I have no idea if CloneBD would be faster but it friggen takes forever and the file is huge anyway. Which is why I have been running lossless with those. But they are eating up space left and right.

I am with you. I wish it did too. I have tried to compress UHD with Handbrake. And I have no idea if CloneBD would be faster but it friggen takes forever and the file is huge anyway. Which is why I have been running lossless with those. But they are eating up space left and right.
I works very fast using CUDA with my NVIDIA 1050. I guess the best you can do is "movie-only" w/o compression to save space. Or get rid of some audio tracks you don't care about.

I works very fast using CUDA with my NVIDIA 1050. I guess the best you can do is "movie-only" w/o compression to save space. Or get rid of some audio tracks you don't care about.
I just bought 2X 8TB WD Gold Hard Drives ( yes mechanical) 7200RPM and 256mbs of cache. 5 year warrantee.

So you are compressing UHD with CloneBD or Handbrake? What bitrate are you compressing to?

I just bought 2X 8TB WD Gold Hard Drives ( yes mechanical) 7200RPM and 256mbs of cache. 5 year warrantee.

I need more 8's. That's what I have now but those are about $300 each but I really need to move to a NAS and that's like another $500 or so (for the one I want :p )

I also just received a Seagate USB 3 8TB Drive since I was running out of space. Drive prices have been lower a couple of months ago but they obviously are getting down again.

So you are compressing UHD with CloneBD or Handbrake? What bitrate are you compressing to?
I use CloneBD. My latest Seagate I had ordered in the UK with the best price of 145 Euros for the 8GB USB3. Funny here - USB3 drives are mostly cheaper than the bare drives w/o an enclosure. If you are in the US use pricegrabber. If you are in Europe geizhals.eu is a good source to get best prices.

I use CloneBD. My latest Seagate I had ordered in the UK with the best price of 145 Euros for the 8GB USB3. Funny here - USB3 drives are mostly cheaper than the bare drives w/o an enclosure. If you are in the US use pricegrabber. If you are in Europe geizhals.eu is a good source to get best prices.

Thanks for the info I will try that.

Also, what are you compressing to on UHD? I am just looking for a good target to try it. Thanks.

I don't have a perfect recommendation for compression. In the past I burned the discs to BD-50 but I don't do that anymore. But even with source files of approx. 65GB reduced to 50GB which is roughly 30% I never saw any visible degradation and therefore I keep using that ratio. But these are just my 2 cents and I hope I will now not be a target of a shit storm ;).

I don't have a perfect recommendation for compression. In the past I burned the discs to BD-50 but I don't do that anymore. But even with source files of approx. 65GB reduced to 50GB which is roughly 30% I never saw any visible degradation and therefore I keep using that ratio. But these are just my 2 cents and I hope I will now not be a target of a shit storm ;).

Thank you for the info that is exactly what I was looking for.

Back