• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A couple of observations with Hulu

DQ

Just a few things I noticed I wanted to get comments on to see if they were normal or not.

- The captcha at the login page, I had to run through it like 10 times before it worked
- CC Dropdown is greyed out and cannot be changed
- Audio dropdown is greyed out and cannot be changed
- Is Hulu also limited to 720p?

Thank you

I have not tried it yet but I will in a few minutes

can confirm/add:

- audio language and audio track greyed out for movies
- audio language and audio track greyed out for series ('modern family' audio language NOT greyed out, weird)
- res limited to 720p (for both movies and series)
- also, 'my stuff' not available (which is strange)
- search works, though (but id prefer 'my stuff' over search)
- all sections have very few things listed (12, 15 tops maybe?)
- section titles not clickable (whats listed is what you get for that particular section)
- as captcha goes, had no problems whatsoever

anyways, this is still beta, so... things can only get better, right? thanks, devs. keep up the good work. cheers!

- The captcha at the login page, I had to run through it like 10 times before it worked
That is, unfortunately, how captcha sometimes is. It's getting worse.

- audio language and audio track greyed out for movies
- audio language and audio track greyed out for series ('modern family' audio language NOT greyed out, weird)
Nothing weird there. AnyStream greys the dropdown when there's only one item selectable.
AnyStream is acting as a browser and we'll see if we can get multiple options delivered, but generally, Hulu only supplies English and one audio option to the browser.
(you even get a tooltip telling you that, if you hover the mouse over the dropdown)

- res limited to 720p (for both movies and series)
Yup. 720p is what you get in Chrome or Firefox.

- section titles not clickable (whats listed is what you get for that partic
Yes. For now, we wanted to see how well things work. More items will be loaded in the future.
Use search for specific titles.

I'm getting greyed box in some titles and when I pass the cursor says "Not avaible with your subscription". In chrome I have acess to this titles. I tried to search this titles but still is a grey box.

For the record, I said "CC Dropdown" I should have said "Audio Track".

I'm getting greyed box in some titles and when I pass the cursor says "Not avaible with your subscription". In chrome I have acess to this titles. I tried to search this titles but still is a grey box.
i would suggest a Log and the name of the title that causes this.

1. What provider are you talking about
2. What titles are greyed out?
3. Leave us a log file
4/ What file are you using. A new one has been out
Download 64bit:
https://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyStream_1.1.5.4_64bit.exe

Download 32bit:
https://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyStream_1.1.5.4_32bit.exe

1.1.5.4 beta 2021-07-02
  • fix: possible crash in Hulu-search
  • fix: revert to HTTP/1.1 for Disney and Hulu due to a bug in the HTTP/2 Qt network implementation

I had this problem, too. What I did was watch a little bit of the title on my Roku, and when I went back to AS, I was able to access the title via "continue watching."

The ones are grayed out if you don't have Hulu + Live TV. If you just have Hulu (with or without ads), they still show you the title so they can try to get you to upgrade your subscription to include Live TV

lol, so 60-83kbps AAC-SBR is all we get with HULU, regarding audio? jeeeeesus. cheap HULU b_stards.

Yes. For now, we wanted to see how well things work. More items will be loaded in the future.
Use search for specific titles.

noice. how about 'my stuff'? im surprised its not included already. thanks! oh, and just noticed. when i select series, then season, then download an episode... when download is done, i has to go over the entire selection process. for every episode. thats a bummer, ngl.

on the other hand, hulu browsing in AS seems the snappiest of them all.

Last edited:
lol, so 60-83kbps AAC-SBR is all we get with HULU, regarding audio? jeeeeesus. cheap HULU b_stards.

It's not a Hulu limitation, I've used other software which doesn't have any issue downloading 5.1 audio.

Just a few things I noticed I wanted to get comments on to see if they were normal or not.

Thank you
I have the audio issue also. Log attached.

Hulu 1.jpg

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.4 Hulu Audio.astlog
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
It's not a Hulu limitation, I've used other software which doesn't have any issue downloading 5.1 audio.
Are you sure that secret other software is not a screen recorder? They would upsample the audio to make you believe it's 5.1
Fact is actually, that is it a known and often lamented limitation of Hulu, that nearly all content is only available in stereo.
There are a handful of movies that will allegedly say 5.1 on their details page (haven't seen one, yet) and I'm not sure, AnyStream will presently present 5.1 for those - that's because AnyStream is currently just mimicking Chrome and Chrome will probably not get anything but stereo.
We'll add the option if there is one and there is a way to test it (none of us is a US native, so we're not regular Hulu users, it's not easy reversing their interface that way).

Back