• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Netflix (Audio Descriptions)

This is not caused by an issue with VLC. You saying that is just an attempt to pass the problem off to someone else. There is only one audio track. Your software doesn't allow us to download multiple audio tracks at once. VLC is not magically analyzing the video stream and voicing what is happening on it. This is and can only be a problem with Anystream downloading the wrong audio stream.
I am trying to help, not pass the issue on to something else, as a matter of fact, I resent your implying that I would do such a thing. I cannot reproduce the issue, I helped many people in this thread that were having the same issue, if you do not want my help, just say so and I will leave you alone. I was trying to add a workaround that would help you until the issue is fixed. Sorry, I tried. It's a known issue, wait for the next release, have a nice day. If I cannot reproduce your problem, I really can only add what I think may help you, if you resent that then so be it.

Last edited:
Today I downloaded the movie Hugo by Martin Scorsese from Netflix, and I got the Visually Impaired Audio Descriptive soundtrack instead of the normal one. I tried it a second time, unchecking the "American English (descriptive)" subtitles, but that didn't help. I got the same incorrect soundtrack once more.

On a fluke, a couple of hours later, I tried the download a third time without changing anything, and this time - lo and behold - I got the correct soundtrack! I really didn't expect a third attempt to make any difference, but it did! So the fault appears a bit at random, it seems.

Logs attached. #1 and #2 are from the incorrect downloads, #3 is from the third attempt which went well.

Attachments

• Hugo-1.astlog
    340.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Hugo-2.astlog
    340.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Hugo-3.astlog
    340 KB · Views: 0
Can confirm that removing subtitles also removes descriptive audio.

Can confirm that removing subtitles also removes descriptive audio.

Not always, as noted by myself and others in this very thread. Issue is random. As sometimes downloading results in no issues. Turning off subtitles still results in the descriptive audio track sometimes.

Its not perfect but it works. Thanks for your kind words.

Well. Upon re-obtaining ep3 with subtitles toggled off the download populated the descriptive audio track. Ugh

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.2.astlog
    468.9 KB · Views: 0
It is a known issue, in the meantime, people can try my workaround or they don't have to if they choose to do nothing but wait. It does not affect everyone, you are just the unlucky ones for some reason unknown to me. Thank you for providing the logfiles and please be patient, an update should be coming soon.

Having the same issue and tried d/l w/o subs but still getting the descriptive audio. Hope they get a fix for this soon. There is no telling how many items I have with this problem that I won't discover until I get around to watching.:sick:

Having the same issue and tried d/l w/o subs but still getting the descriptive audio. Hope they get a fix for this soon. There is no telling how many items I have with this problem that I won't discover until I get around to watching.:sick:
I believe this was fixed in 1.1.5.3 beta and definitely by 1.1.5.5 beta (which I've been using since it released).

Back