• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Amazon Prime, not getting dialogue track?

hunterjwizzard

I just pulled a few movies down from "AP". I get sound effects, music, and some other noises; but when characters speak there is no dialogue. Its hard to narrow down exactly when this started and may be limited to a few specific films. This was all done using the default settings. I've tried fiddling with the audio settings to no avail. This could easily be user-error but there isn't a lot to mess up.

I just pulled a few movies down from "AP". I get sound effects, music, and some other noises; but when characters speak there is no dialogue. Its hard to narrow down exactly when this started and may be limited to a few specific films. This was all done using the default settings. I've tried fiddling with the audio settings to no avail. This could easily be user-error but there isn't a lot to mess up.

This sounds very strange.
Which player do you use to play the files?

It is also recommended to attach an Anystream log file, in case it is needed.

I use VLC Media Player 3.0.8 Vetinari. I've attached a log file from my second attempt to download the movie.

VLC is currently at 3.0.15, maybe the update will help.
Also, do you download surround sound? Maybe it will help if you set VLC to stereo. I had this too with a Blue Ray or something and it worked this way.

I have tried both surround and stereo. I have a surround sound system on my home theater PC.

So I've now narrowed it down to some kind of setting. This morning, without having made any changes at all, the dialogue started working on my main workstation. Both the newly downloaded copy and the one stored on my local hard drive. When accessed on the HTPC, I get the same problem.

So, at least now we know its not AnyStream.

So after upgrading VLC and tinkering with the settings I got it working on the HTPC. Now I just have my usual problem with audio - dialogue too quiet and gunshots too loud.

same thing happened to be on netflix, i downloaded The Ice Road & the audio was the descriptive audio not the regular audio.

Back