• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is there any embedded personal information?

bizzar721

Hello. I purchased a lifetime subscription to support the developers. Thank you and I hope AnyStream will be be around for a long time (y)

That said, I did research on the security of AnyStream before I committed. The only thing I could not find information about (I browsed through all 63 pages of threads) is if there is any embedded information in the downloaded file itself such as an embedded frame with account info / IP address created by AnyStream or any of the streaming providers.

:thankyou:

Hello. I purchased a lifetime subscription to support the developers. Thank you and I hope AnyStream will be be around for a long time (y)

That said, I did research on the security of AnyStream before I committed. The only thing I could not find information about (I browsed through all 63 pages of threads) is if there is any embedded information in the downloaded file itself such as an embedded frame with account info / IP address created by AnyStream or any of the streaming providers.

:thankyou:
No there is not. But remember you are logged into the provider. That is the reason we only allow 280 downloads a week so you do not get the attention of the provider.

We'll, you lumped together AnyStream with the streamers, so:
AnyStream = certainly not
any of the streaming providers. = possibly Amazon and others

Streaming providers are increasingly relying on watermarks with personal identifiers and other methods to track where p2p files originated (whose accounts), and while we don't for sure who is using them, I think it's better to be safe than sorry and just act like all of them do.

Thanks for the fast reply. That's exactly how I've been treating it.

There are literally thousands of downloads if not more, log file which do not contain any personal information and dump files are encrypted. Even if they weren't there is not personal information in them. This program has been out for almost 2 years and no one has ever had any information leaked because there is none to leak.

if there is any embedded information in the downloaded file itself
Basically what jaqob said,
Streaming providers are increasingly relying on watermarks with personal identifiers and other methods to track where p2p files originated (whose accounts), and while we don't for sure who is using them, I think it's better to be safe than sorry and just act like all of them do.
but if you want more information there was a thread about it.
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/watermarks.81444/

If you are an uploader, then all bets are off, but it has nothing to do with Anystream. Just download your programs and movies and enjoy them with friends and family. That's what Anystream is for. If you upload a movie from Amazon, I have no idea what their analytics can do. But just downloading them to your computer is safe. Thousands of downloads from this program and not one post about detection.

I just noticed that towboat posted the results of a test, comparing the checksum of an Amazon video file from AnyStream with one from a P2P release. He didn't find any differences, which suggests no watermarks. I guess this sort of test can be easily done with other streamers, and personally, I would like to see more of these tests done and reported here.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/watermarks.81444/page-2#post-544300

I just noticed that towboat posted the results of a test, comparing the checksum of an Amazon video file from AnyStream with one from a P2P release. He didn't find any differences, which suggests no watermarks. I guess this sort of test can be easily done with other streamers, and personally, I would like to see more of these tests done and reported here.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/watermarks.81444/page-2#post-544300
Probably it simply isn't live yet, although a test might prove nothing as they could only test it on a small part of their service and if you do a test using videos from the 99% not affectet then you won't notice it but it is acually live on the 1%.
Also as far as I know it is only a report or patent, so no clue if it will ever be done or not.

Also as far as I know it is only a report or patent, so no clue if it will ever be done or not.
Somebody whose friend worked at AWS said that it's coming but not yet. https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/watermarks.81444/page-2#post-544191

Indeed, it's possible that this will be rolled out slowly, affecting only a small percentage of films, but I'm fairly sure those 1% will be brand new episodes, so it won't be difficult to identify the right content for testing purposes.

Back