• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 11 Pro

My forum sig (with full system) is up to date

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I have secure boot enabled and use AnyDVD. No issues there. Do I think TPM is useful? No, no I do not. But it is the requirement now.

Where it comes into play for day to day (in my experience) is you need it to run Bitlocker. Now normally you do that on laptops and because of that TPMs are on most modern laptops. The issue is the desktops obviously.

Bitlocker can be used without TPM, though it's not ideal. I doubt they plan on enabling bitlocker by default so even that is dubious for a requirement.

Bitlocker can be used without TPM, though it's not ideal. I doubt they plan on enabling bitlocker by default so even that is dubious for a requirement.

I don't think that is their goal with that either. I was just replying to you about typical use of a TPM but not as it relates to Win11. What their plans are there I am not entirely sure.

My forum sig (with full system) is up to date

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Your 9900k is absolutely supported, you just have TPM turned off in your BIOS, that's the only explanation. Again, absolutely supported. TPM is disabled by default in the BIOS so turn it on.

And that's fine. Everyone has to decide for themselves what they will and won't tolerate. It'll be interesting to see how fast MS drops W10 support going forward.

And that's fine. Everyone has to decide for themselves what they will and won't tolerate. It'll be interesting to see how fast MS drops W10 support going forward.
I just played with the MS PC-Health Tool. After enabling TPM, it told me, that my PC is "Windows 11 ready". With secure boot DISABLED!
If it stays this way, I can probably tolerate it.

I just played with the MS PC-Health Tool. After enabling TPM, it told me, that my PC is "Windows 11 ready". With secure boot DISABLED!
This i'll have to try. With secure boot ENABLED but TPM disabled my system was reported as incompatible (i had to ffing google it even, it's not named TPM on my board. Its PTT, an intel term. With PTT enabled i can update to windows 11. Rebooting right now to try this

*edit* Confirmed.

Secure boot disabled, Intel PTT enabled > Win 11 compatible
Secure boot enabled, Intel PTT disabled > Win 11 incompatible

BTW @James, whats your view on Secure Boot (on windows 10) with AnyDVD, i remember a long time ago it was needed/recommended to have that disabled. Something with the driver. Is that still the case?

Last edited:
This i'll have to try. With secure boot ENABLED but TPM disabled my system was reported as incompatible (i had to ffing google it even, it's not named TPM on my board. Its PTT, an intel term. With PTT enabled i can update to windows 11. Rebooting right now to try this

*edit* Confirmed.

Secure boot disabled, Intel PTT enabled > Win 11 compatible
Secure boot enabled, Intel PTT disabled > Win 11 incompatible

BTW @James, whats your view on Secure Boot (on windows 10) with AnyDVD, i remember a long time ago it was needed/recommended to have that disabled. Something with the driver. Is that still the case?
I still have mine disabled.

That's quite the tool they got there LOL! I can't see how they can ENFORCE secure boot mode anyway. There are lots of (semi-valid) reasons secure boot mode can't be used. We'll see how the actual release build goes and what kinds of restrictions they impose.

As I mentioned, I use secure boot on both of my machines and AnyDVD works fine.

No, you can enable it. AnyDVD works either way (at the moment). I must have it disabled for development sometimes.

I am in the Insiders preview dev channel been running windows 11 since the leak I upgrade every week so far with out a single issue so far and this is on my main PC I like it and it is a little faster than windows 10.

Asus X570Mobo 64 GIGS DDR4 PC3600 Amd ryzen 9 5950X RTX 3070ti GPU I also have two other desktops one 3900x for the wife with windows 11 installed and windows 11 installed on a budget desktop with the ryzen 2600 six core all running fine without any major problems and I will continue to update until RTM Via Windows update.

Back